Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

FPzero posted:

Thinking about it again, I dunno if I'd say the first level feels like 14th place but it's not bad or anything. Same sentiments for the second level, but in reverse.

I love how the Portal level uses a resample of a track from the Forza Motorsport 3 soundtrack of all things. I spent the first three minutes of the video going "that song sounds familiar. I've heard it somewhere before" and then it hit me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Here’s a nice non-hostile reply from the mods: everybody chill the gently caress out about rom hacks. Thank you :chillpill:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

FPzero posted:

Let's not turn it into an argument again, please.

Please heed the words of the OP folks, or the punishment button is going to see some action tonight.

Thanks.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
I need fan art of Kefka just going "'SUP FUCKERS!" ASAP

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

No you're not :redhammer:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
"Why did they LP a DKC2 romhack?"

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Geemer posted:

I'm excited to finally learn "what if Zelda was a girl" in Crow's bogus adventure!

This was all for want of "Hey, can you guys wait like an hour for us to get home and join you?" / "No, gently caress you Crow/Argate. FP wants to go to bed." :v:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Augus posted:

why does RPO talk keep sneaking into seemingly every thread I have bookmarked

I suspect a lot of that is my fault and it's direct bleedover from The Screaming Hell Thread in RDG. RP1 is just fun to dunk on because it's an easy joke and so many people just know that "oh this is apparently bad." I'm not doing it intentionally, I swear. If it was 10 years ago I'd be making Eragon/Christopher Paolini jokes in the place of RP1/Ernest Cline ones.

Straight up though, I keep plugging 372 Pages We'll Never Get Back purely because it's just so drat funny irrespective of Cline's book.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

KieranWalker posted:

To answer Crow's question from a couple videos ago in more real-world terms, ALBW was started as a straight-up 3DS remake of LttP. They just decided partway into production to spice things up by changing the story, and the gameplay diverged (slightly) from there. There's not actually any story connection between the two games.

Really now? That's pretty neat. Thanks.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Fear not. The reveal of what is/was on the Master Sword pedestal is coming.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

SelenicMartian posted:

The Legendary :20bux:

May Hyrule never have need of its power again...

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Let's Play Daytona USA (Saturn Port) - Video 1 of 1

This one isn't a romhack by any reasonable stretch, but it's functionally the victory lap for FP and Tyty after shepherding us through VLDC9, Hacks 101, DKC2: Lost Levels, Keysanity, and everyone else's contributed hacks. We recorded this immediately after the final Keysanity session, so this was as much about me giving FP a chance to unwind as it was me showing off a very low effort Sega Saturn racing port for the Casual Thread.

Artix bounced literally the second we were done with Keysanity, so he does not appear in this video. But joining me are FPzero, Tyty, and Mysticblade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Artix posted:

But Crow is the law here in LP? :thunk:

Indeed. I have heard your arguments and I adjudge the lot of you guilty. Case dismissed.

• Locked thread