Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

That palette fuckery was real pretty.

E: VLDC update bottom of last page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Are the delayed reactions a consequence of your recording setup, or is the commentary track behind?

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

hanales posted:

Do you have a link to that LP I can't find it

There was this Commodore 64 magazine?

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Osian totally doesn't have green hair. The gently caress is this? :colbert:

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

:yeah:

Both of that level's BGM tracks are gonna be stuck in my head for a while now, I think.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

I'm pretty sure you can go under 100 seconds multiple times in vanilla with the time-boosting berries from the final Special World level.

E: Yeah, the green berries in Funky. This video's not great but it shows it off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIAEoAlSc8Y

AlphaKretin fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Apr 3, 2017

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

From your description that just sounded like instant coffee tbh.

Curious about the Mario Maker/down-swim thing.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

They're called Sierpinski triangles. :eng101:

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Rollersnake posted:

Been meaning to ask—I can't remember which levels it's come up in, but what exactly are you talking about when you criticize a level for cutoff?

Tiles, especially vines, abruptly cutting off without any logical anchor in the environment.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

If you're pessimistic about the outcome of VLDCX, is there a compilation or hack you would recommend if this has me craving some SMW?

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Not to say the level was bad or anything, but I feel like losing your Yoshi being an instant failure condition is kind of a flaw with that level. Not that I'm sure how you'd resolve that, or if it's even possible, but it kinda rubs me the wrong way to so easily be able to just have to kill yourself and start over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Clearly the logical endpoint of tall midpoints is a 1 screen wide vertical level where the midpoint is always visible, and you have to climb to the top, where the actual ribbon is, and then back down to get to a door or pipe on the other side of an obstacle.

• Locked thread