Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Do those thieves still say, "Keep it between us, okay?" and give you something? Was that reward randomized, too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
That was the problem. The Eastern Palace reward was the Desert Palace pendant, so it didn't trigger Sahasrahla's script that normally would give the boots, but now would give something else.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
The audio is that video is really quiet; can you normalize the audio in the next video before uploading?

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
SMB3Mix is pretty good. Not too tough, plenty of callbacks, power-ups and star coins where you expect to find them. I'm sad it won't run on nesDS, for some reason.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
That song with all the creaking is from Super Mario RPG:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AX1Rz3_Y0HM

That creaking is indeed a weird sample. Back in the day, I used to have a utility that could convert an SPC file into a file that Impulse Tracker could open, so I could look at samples. (This was how I discovered that most of the speech in Star Fox is the "Wing Damaged!" voice clip at various pitches.) I don't remember how to do any of that stuff, though.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
I liked the part where a tricky grinder was protecting an alcove with three question mark blocks in it and all they were were coins.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
I think it came up earlier and people figured it was just A Thing the level creators do to add variety.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
At least that second level had a bit of good music:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhGS79bPPCI

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Great. Now I have to listen to the whole Mystic Quest soundtrack.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
This should have been a ghost house with a hint at the start that said, "Look behind you!" and some sort of enemy setup that would lead the player to hitting L/R without having it spelled out in coins.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
You gotta pause in the bonus game to see where you need to hit the blocks! (Thanks, Nintendo Power, probably.)

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

FPzero posted:

^^^ I thought Fire Rod could only be used 7 times before draining the bar for some reason. Hm. Still, that's an interesting write up of the magic system!

Now Fairy is my best friend. And we can finally run fast for all the good that does us.

I read too fast and thought this said, "Friendship ended with Fae." :ohdear:

Also, lol at that flying tile room troll.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Foul Ole Ron posted:

Ah dam it. Look guys I got here late but let's be honest, this is a great thread.

If you or others can keep up the romance hack goodness, please do.

There are no romance hacks; it takes hard work and communication.

• Locked thread