Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Optimus_Rhyme posted:

Now I just want an animated version of that retro-wave

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNWZNGkXTgw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
i kinda want this gang tag but i just bought a new avatar, hrmry

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

AtomD posted:

the year is 2017
you hook your terminal into the superbus port: millions of microscopic copper threads transmitting at gigabauds. enough to fill a lasertape cassette in microseconds.

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo
postin here 4 the gang tag gosh darn it

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

PALE SPECTRES posted:

postin here 4 the gang tag gosh darn it

$5 mOther Fucker! Support Richard.

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

hail cat satan

Smythe posted:

no :hehe::melter::slick::twisted:

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we have sealed ourselves away behind our money, growing inward, generating a seamless universe of self.

Smythe posted:

i'd pay $5 for Dick

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

AtomD posted:

the year is 2017
you hook your terminal into the superbus port: millions of microscopic copper threads transmitting at gigabauds. enough to fill a lasertape cassette in microseconds.

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
DO NOT BE AL̵ĄR̛M̨ED, C̛͜I͏́T̢̀́̕͘I̵̶Z̢͏E̡̧͟Ń̶̷̕

E̛̠̰̼͞V̞̪͘E̮̳̙̕͞ͅR͍͇̤͉̕͡ͅY̠͚̲Ţ̢͈̟̟̹͝ͅḨ̗̭̼̣͢I̘̻͟N̴̶̡ͅG̢̭̙̲͙̗̲̠͜ͅ ͖͔͖̖͜I͍S̖̰͕͡ ̧͝͏̫̻̜Ņ͇̹̣̳̣̬̱͟ͅÒ̢̙̞͕͈͖̣͝Ŕ̤̥͉̫͢͢Ṃ̨̪̺̀A͏̶̪̹͠Ḽ̖̮̙̩̲

Ą̷̵̳̭̥̰͈̹̫̩̤̹̖̼̺̬͇̰̪̩̥̂̃ͨ̉͟Ļ̷̢͕͓͕̘̱̺̤̳̩̳̇ͧ̾̊́̓̔̓ͨ͛̇͡L̸͖̼̘͉̦̱̺͍̅ͪͦ̾͊ͥ̀͘͘͝ ̧̨̤̻̙͔̦̲̝̥̯̩̻͖̳̻̱͇̦̲̭̓̐ͣ̀̋͆̑ͯ̇͗ͨH̴̡̝̖͓̗͚͖̣̳͎̠̮̥̽ͩ̆ͪͤ̓ͦ̈́̈́ͨͧ̋̏ͧ̄̿ͨ́͜͞Ą̵̙̥̱̲̪̞̬̘̜̟͉̼͚̪̝͋ͦ̌̈́ͩ̀̆ͥͭ̑ͫ̌ͬ͋̉̓̈́͑́͠ͅͅͅĮ̵̵̛̯͓͈̼͉̬̱͕͕͍̝̭̓̇ͦ̑̉͆́ͅL̵̢̩̱̙͔̻̈̈̒̎ͤͩ ̵̨ͭ̓̋̔̏ͤ̓̔ͤ͗̋̋͐̃ͧ͝͏̵̺̪̫̘̮T̴̘̥̦͉̱̭̪̼͖̦̈́̔̈́̅ͨ̎̈́̐̉̂͋̌͆̂̀̍ͦ̈́́̕ͅH̢̙̥̠͔̦̥̫͈̮̪͕͖̪̼̮ͩ͆͑̍̏͞ͅE̵͈̦̣̼̫̺̞̠̥͎̞̩͎̒̈ͤ̽ͦͨ̈͋̎̈́̿̆ͅ ̷̢̧̳̹̙̗̪̙̳͚̲̠̩̬̘͓̯̤̈̎ͤ̄͒̐͑͋̈́́̀͊̿ͬ͂͗̍ͩ̕͝ͅC̵̢̱̩͙͍̮̳̭̣̹̲̲̥͇͈̳̦͚̜̭͗̇̍̋̄̓̀̚O̴͒ͭͭ̀͋ͨͧ̓ͥ́͡͏̨̹̹̖̩̭̳͇̼̫̙̫̗M̶̛͕̪͍̲̩̳͓̪̟̥͙̪̮ͩ́ͧ̿ͯ͗̐̑͑͋̽ͪ̈ͧ̄͜͡ͅP̨͑͂ͬ̽ͪ̊ͧ̀̄̉҉̵̝̰̻̙̮̫̼̥̥̩̥̹͝ͅƯ̞̼͎ͤ͌̆ͩͤ͂ͬ̔͡ͅT̶̨̞̙̭̗̭̖̀ͮͨ͛̆͑̀E̢̢̧̩͎̙̙̮͖͔̠͔̬̭̓ͭ̏ͬ͂̄ͫ̆͛̆͘R̷̵̨̡̟̞̗̫͓̙̳͆͊̓ͨ͊̓͑̚͘ͅ

Stymie fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Jan 7, 2017

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo

Smythe posted:

ofc

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

axolotl farmer posted:

there's a good one...and a reeeealy bad one

I think you'll find they're both bad, I'm amazed I forgot the word "invisigoth" though, maybe I blocked out the whole episode

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

AtomD posted:

the year is 2017

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we have sealed ourselves away behind our money, growing inward, generating a seamless universe of self.
in the spirit of cyberpunk 2017 i'm thinking of a name change

maybe tarsier-ashpool

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

im really digging the mirrorshades op

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Crusader posted:

im really digging the mirrorshades op

*tugs collar* uh, ah... eh.. ahem.. Hi.

super nailgun
Jan 1, 2014

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

qirex posted:

I think you'll find they're both bad, I'm amazed I forgot the word "invisigoth" though, maybe I blocked out the whole episode

irl invisigoth prefers "visi" to "iGoth"

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GQTfMDlLf8

I am extremely ready for the future

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

i hope Zuckerberg really is running for POTUS b/c that would 2020 even more cyberpunk

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Maximo Roboto posted:

i hope Zuckerberg really is running for POTUS b/c that would 2020 even more cyberpunk

i want to live in a world where the presidential candidate knows literally every decision his opponents made and their deepest darkest secrets all because they irreversibly put it online

we already do and you have no secrets :unsmigghh:

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo

Agile Vector posted:

i want to live in a world where the presidential candidate knows literally every decision his opponents made and their deepest darkest secrets all because they irreversibly put it online

this cyberpunk future makes me feel unsafe, unlike neuromancer, where you have adventures with your friends

Slow-Scan Shep
Jul 11, 2001

Agile Vector posted:

closet skeletons don't matter in the post-truth future

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Xaris posted:

Now i'm in the mood for some 80s/retro neon heavy/dystopia-ish movies. what are some good ones?

i've already seen blade runner, matrix, drive, big trouble, dredd, miami vice, collateral, tron, spring breakers, nightcrawler, the guest, escape from NY, vand some other stuff. Maybe some of Mann's 80s stuff?

Ernest Goes to Camp

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I juts finished watching person of interest and it's like peak 2010s cyberpunk with a lot of really stupid action scenes bolted on

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

qirex posted:

I juts finished watching person of interest and it's like peak 2010s cyberpunk with a lot of really stupid action scenes bolted on

in b4 TFE and his ADD opinions

also Q you should look at Incorporated, which is a cyberpunk campaign run where you are a corp suit.

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

qirex posted:

Strangely, its CBS procedural aesthetic is less grating than Mr. Robot's faux-Fincher shtick

ConanTheLibrarian
Aug 13, 2004

dis buch is late
Fallen Rib

Maximo Roboto posted:

BATTLE OF THE BILLIONAIRES

lol j/k trump will have been impeached by then

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

Rex Tillerson will find some way to be Trump's successor so we can have an oil magnate named Rex as prez.

They'll also start making computers again.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Maximo Roboto posted:

Rex Tillerson will find some way to be Trump's successor so we can have an oil magnate named Rex as prez.

They'll also start making computers again.

halt and catch fire has a whole new meaning to me now

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

I always thought that the HCF season 2 Westgroup Energy plotline was unintentionally mirroring Exxon's forays into computing in the same era.

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

In His presence the mountains quake and the hills melt away; the earth trembles and its people are destroyed. Who can stand before His fierce anger?
halt and catch fire would be a good cyber spell for your deck when you're trying to jack in to a database with lots of roaming security programs

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

angry_keebler posted:

halt and catch fire would be a good cyber spell for your deck when you're trying to jack in to a database with lots of roaming security programs

gently caress it would :getin:

AtomD
May 3, 2009

Fun Shoe
"anyone asking for specifics about the heuristics employed in the copswarm ai does not have the safety of the american people at heart. naturally everyone at atari-lockheed is upset about colats and we're recalling any nodes involved. as a gesture of solidarity our employees will come in 10 minutes early tomorrow morning for a dedicated t's and p's session. "

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

AtomD posted:

"anyone asking for specifics about the heuristics employed in the copswarm ai does not have the safety of the american people at heart. naturally everyone at atari-lockheed is upset about colats and we're recalling any nodes involved. as a gesture of solidarity our employees will come in 10 minutes early tomorrow morning for a dedicated t's and p's session. "

i do wish that companies would have cool cyberpunk names when they merge like "Microsoft Rocketdyne" or "Takahashi OCP"

but no, instead you get whatever that poo poo new name for yahoo! is going to be

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Altaba sounds like a either a pyramid scheme or a reformulated cholesterol drug :geno:

AtomD
May 3, 2009

Fun Shoe
it's called altaba because when your browser loads it you altabaway from it

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice

AtomD posted:

it's called altaba because when your browser loads it you altabaway from it

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007