Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Optimus_Rhyme posted:

Now I just want an animated version of that retro-wave

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNWZNGkXTgw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
i kinda want this gang tag but i just bought a new avatar, hrmry

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
what was the other 80s thing? cocaine or modular synths?

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
lol

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
vitaly chernobyl and the meltdowns obv

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

SwitchbladeKult posted:

There is a manga called "Blame!" where the entire planet has been transformed into one giant megastructure filled will mutants and genocidal robots. There is no concept of sky, no idea of what ground is, just endless metal panels, wires, and pipes. It's almost all wide shots of the inside of the megastructure with really impressive amount of detail. It is also bleak.

Here is a sample.

Blame! rules

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

lol

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

angry_keebler posted:

following more than a century of declining revenue ever since their chief spokesperson was mired in scandal, in 2120 the kraft food corporation, in pursuit of increasing sales in a hyper-competitive retro dessert market, creates the world's first artificial super intelligence. its primary instruction is to increase the consumption of jell-o to its practical maximum.

4.8 seconds after activation, the kraft-o-matic seizes control of the global telecommunications system and uses it to activate an improvised army of domestic and military robots. the devastating preemptive attack lasts 44 minutes and eliminates 80% of the human population. after a series of futile skirmishes, the disorganized remnants of humanity are rounded up and forced to live in coffin sized pods filled with jell-o, are force fed jell-o, and when they die their bodies are dissolved and used as raw materials to create more jell-o

in order to promote acquiescence to this new world order, kraft-o-matic wires the remaining humans brains directly into a sophisticated virtual reality, initially little more than pro jell-o propaganda, but which gradually becomes an increasingly sophosticated scenario until mankind finally exists in a perpetual simulation of the late 1990s, the last time jell-o was seen as a wholesome dessert with a wholesome spokesperson.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

haveblue posted:

she thinks my tractor's exe

so mad I get this reference

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

A Pinball Wizard posted:

shamelessly stolen from the secfuck thread

holy gently caress

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Sagebrush posted:

i sent this link to Peter Watts a number of months ago bc it's exactly like one of the things in one of his books, and he always has these afterwords where he cites the current-day sources that lead to all the future stuff he comes up with, and comments on which things from his previous books he got right or wrong

he never replied though :(

:(

my favourite is when he cites things that already happened that he didn't know about at the time lol

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

infernal machines posted:

i also use words in ways that are technically incorrect but still perfectly understood by everyone who is not an engineer.

specifically to troll engineers, because whoo boy does it ever work. like, 100% success rate.

see also: fabricating a statistic for rhetorical effect

its one of my favorite pastimes and the +2 modifier from being a designer usually makes it fatal

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

maskenfreiheit posted:

the true dystopia is a place where anime is banned

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Chris Knight posted:

my nigga have you tried piracetam??

lol

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
The best nootropic is... meth

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
Cyberpunk answer: β-phenethylamine

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

oh no it's deffo this one that this crazy permabanned guy uses at work

lol one of the worst posters of all time

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

SO DEMANDING posted:

Has anyone ever hacked an insulin pump for computer controlled microdosing?

if not then THIS IS MY CYBERPUNK IDEA ©2017 SO DEMANDING do not steal

that dude who ran the missile silo LSD lab had this with a DMT drip

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

communism bitch posted:

I like to whimsically describe my job as the endless war against entropy, but really that's all of human civilisation. Which is a grim thought.

I can't offer much of an opinion on M Disc because it's a bit high tech for my collection which is mostly 100-1000 years old and written on vellum and paper. Some of my colleagues are trying to figure out a policy for our modern records but it's a nightmare. The transience of data formats, hardware, software, and proprietory infrastructure owned by companies that could be gone in 10 years let alone 100 makes it a real pickle.

One of the specialty professions within archiving is palaeography - people who can pick apart ancient languages and ancient handwriting while also interpreting the (often mystefying) structure and meaning of old documents. In the future i like to imagibe you're gonna get digital palaeographers who maintain racks of centuries old hardware and are fluent in loving Ruby or Python and can piece ancient code back together from fragments. :awesomelon:

in the Watts rifters trilogy there's special agents with essentially unlimited authority who's job is just trying to hold civilization together and they call them "Lawbreakers" because their job is to break the third law of thermodynamics

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Rooney McNibnug posted:

someone came into our office today with loving google glasses on and i lol'd irl

ahahaha

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Agile Vector posted:

***LOADING HACKING TOOLS***

hacker voice: im insider trading

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Improbable Lobster posted:

also did cortex command ever get finished

dont think so

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
gift of the dadgi

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

schranz kafka posted:

when i did the audiobook of Hyperion, they had several narrators to do each of the substories and there was one where the character encounters another major character, who is a woman he becomes involved with sexually, and the narrator did both of their voices except he did her voice in a bad falsetto, and then did both of their voices when they were doing sex and it was one of the most ridiculous things i have ever heard

hahahaah i wanna hear this

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

holy poo poo

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

hobbesmaster posted:

at least we know why they aren’t helping the turtle

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
sub perceptual just means you don't get the typical suite of psychedelic effects though, just a mood boost.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

it's dumb as poo poo

care to explain why?

e: not sure if you mean microdosing in general or that spaceclown guy 'cause he really is dumb as poo poo

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Cazlab posted:

same, except 2ci dissolved in water (and a very small amount of vodka and vinegar as preservatives.
i did it wrong though because 2mg was still enough to experience some psychedelic effects.
i got to work and when i was focused on the SQL code the tabs would sometimes move around in my periphery and it was distracting.

the 2c's aren't really ideal for microdosing because of the short duration, IMO

gotta go with a DOx for that

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

WrenP-Complete posted:

yeah, we've talked about this but i wonder if its the specific receptor action with lsd/psilocybin that's causing the cumulative effects. unclear.

maybe tryptamine are more conducive to microdosing????

wonder if anyone's done mescaline. I feel like out of all the phenethylamines I'd expect that one or DOC/DOM to work best but I couldn't say why.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

microdosing so that you can make your boss more money is loving dumb

well yeah, microdosing to help depression or w/e isn't tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Analytic Engine posted:

Here’s an anime UI starter pack. Eva was produced by (and for) turbo spergs, so Dataviz is a given.
https://imgur.com/gallery/gfcEr

Eva has some of the coolest (if completely unreadable) UI poo poo ever made

• Locked thread