Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

Xaris posted:

Now i'm in the mood for some 80s/retro neon heavy/dystopia-ish movies. what are some good ones?

i've already seen blade runner, matrix, drive, big trouble, dredd, miami vice, collateral, tron, spring breakers, nightcrawler, the guest, escape from NY, vand some other stuff. Maybe some of Mann's 80s stuff?

kung fury

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

infernal machines posted:

smh if you never jerked it to some low res monochrome titties

(.)(.)

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

im a fucking monster

Cold on a Cob posted:

this reminds me that i never did play Beneath a Steel Sky which i guess is cyberpunk but idk if it's good

most adventure games are pretty terrible

its one of the best adventure games ever made.

that doesn't really matter if you don't like adventure games though

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

im a fucking monster

Powaqoatse posted:

imo its too much pixel hunt

monkeys island 1+2 are the best.

i like the monkey islands, although the puzzles are a bit monkeycheese sometimes (stick a banana on a metronome to hypnotise a piano-playing money so that you can use it's frozen hand as a literal monkey wrench)

MI2 also has a literal pixel hunt puzzle towards the end.

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

im a fucking monster

why does a tractor even have firmware?

tractors are supposed to be a big diesel engine with wheels and a seat

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

im a fucking monster

http://www.somethingawful.com/awful-movie-database/blade-runner-2/

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

im a fucking monster

PleasureKevin posted:

anyone in this thread can teach me how to be hacker? :cool:

start by learning the ultimate hacking took: tracer-t

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

im a fucking monster

Mostly
I
Smelling
Farts

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

im a fucking monster

communism bitch posted:

I honestly don't know how cheap and bad scifi genre fiction gets published any more. Is there really a market out there for paperback books that aren't Harry Potter blockbusters?
I got the impression the arse had really fallen out of the genre fiction business, and it can't be much of a living when everybody pirates everything.

print-on-demand means its basically zero risk to the publisher. and certain publishers will basically take anything

i'll bet a lot of it is vanity published too

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

im a fucking monster

lancemantis posted:

I feel kind of sad that I missed out on participating in the era of really janky home computers

america had it's own poo poo computers nobody else cared about - like the apple 2 or the ti/99

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

im a fucking monster

The_Franz posted:

the msx platform was originally designed by microsoft and was popular in south america and parts of europe too, so it is kind of weird that it never caught on in the us

the msx sold well in the netherlands, and i think germany and spain too, but software distribution in the 80s wasn't like it is today. msx games from japan would never be released outside japan, and games from europe would never be released outside europe (or even outside specific countries). so while there were msx machines around a lot of the games were fairly lazy ports from the zx spectrum. they're both z80 machines and one of the msx video modes is more or less spectrum-compatible, so with only minor changes you could knock out a port in a few days

• Locked thread