Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Schadenboner posted:

Hard Rock Cafe?

yup, all of them worldwide have that sign. when i still used syringes to shoot up my insulin and we went to one of those my gag was always:

"hey they won't let me in here."
"oh, for your needles?"
"no, the other one."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Powaqoatse posted:

yeesh

i like gibson but i do not care for reading about a world where clinton won

unless its like a super minor background detail

surprised billy gee was that salty about it. I'd have been ok with peripheral being a one off, honestly.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

i could have sworn this was already a product in the early 00s.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

hobbesmaster posted:

locked common bathrooms are not uncommon in multi tenant office buildings

have you never seen that before?

most of the time it's a straightforward code punch or badge swipe to get in, not having to to scan a qr code or finger gently caress an app

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

SwitchbladeKult posted:

Discussion > Serious Hardware / Software Crap > YOSPOS > Cyberpunk 2017: Luxury bathrooms with an online queue

Sagebrush posted:

It's neat how if you get to that bathroom and it's gated behind that app, the method of retaliation is immediately obvious

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Sagebrush posted:

Now that we have composites that make them reliable and usable, why don't we see more forward-swept wings? IIRC they have extremely good high-alpha performance and so should be ideal for fighters?

e: oh wait I thought this was the airplane thread. Lol nm I don't expect anyone here to answer that

thrust vectoring and missiles basically make the advantages irrelevant

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

infernal machines posted:

you mean modern air combat is not accurately represented by the dogfight in top gun?

also, the russian version (su-47) had thrust vectoring too

came out a decade after the 29 and none of sukhoi's later production models kept the forward sweep

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

FMguru posted:

iirc the f16 was orignally meant to not have radar (which is like half the cost of a modern plane). just a supercheap local interceptor, meant to be thrown in bulk at the migs and sukhois that would fill the sky over the fulda gap on day one of wwiii

of course once all the various parts of the air force got their oars in the design it ended up being a typical overpriced christmas tree do-everything (all weather! ground attack! in-air refuelling!) fighter plane, of which the usaf already had several kinds

"the pentagon and the art of war" has all the gory details

The Pentagon Wars book also talks about this. the bit about the bradley was made into a movie, but the book goes into far more detail about the f-15 and 16 procurements

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Powaqoatse posted:

insane

pls msg me your connect

it's one of the ebay sellers

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Sagebrush posted:

guess who just bought one

:same:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

guy still has 5 up for grabs

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

there is some arduino sample code out there too so yeah, looks like information is available

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

George posted:

post the story where the guy steals his goggles

i thought that happened in Accelerando by stross

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

loooool

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Agile Vector posted:

uuuuuuuugh stross why. i forgot about that and its the start of the book

i forgot that too

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Analytic Engine posted:

Thread:
Here’s an anime UI starter pack. Eva was produced by (and for) turbo spergs, so Dataviz is a given.
https://imgur.com/gallery/gfcEr

sharp did it as a phone UI in 2012

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

lmao just imagine someone asking if they could use your phone and you hand them this loving thing

i picked one up a few months ago for kicks. it looks very cyberpunk movie computer, but once you figure out what all the lines and dots mean it's an unexpectedly information-dense interface. anything beyond the launcher and boot screen is plain old anroid, but yeah, if you aren't expecting it you're not going to know wtf to do with that thing.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

RFC2324 posted:

you can set up a hud with torque pro and an odb2 adapter, which is pretty neat. gotta figure out how to keep your phone from sliding around your dash tho

if you like pissbaby ghetto huds that wipe out the view in front of you when you drive under a street light or the sun then this is definitely an option

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

C.H.O.M.E posted:

and is a little more confused on more detailed pages

i will pass these off to a friend who might be able to help a little more, but if anyone actually knows russian i ironed all these papers like the newspapers in downton abby and i have high quality pics

full docs for one of them are here
https://imgur.com/a/ku3FJ

thanks, mine didn't come with instructions.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

C.H.O.M.E posted:

glad it helped! moved most of my spam about them over to the spare projects thread. found someone who has actually got one working, and who made a schematic for a 25 pin parallel port adapter, among other things.

awesome, thanks!

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Sniep posted:

why would a COSCO (chinese) container have japanese on it

same reason it has english, they do enough business with people who speak it that it makes sense

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

communism bitch posted:

The one and only time I bought a pair of jeans on amazon they looked completely normal and unremarkable on the website, but when they arrived and they had a huge roaring tiger on the left rear end cheek, rendered in metallic red and gold stitching, possibly with sequins.
Straight in the TRASH.

get real, that's probably the most cyberpunk article of clothing you'll ever own and you pitched it?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

your tv gives you poo poo now for using it

a truly smart tv

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

lancemantis posted:

You could play mgs on an apple?

connectix (rip) made virtual game station that emulated ps1 very well on macs for a few years around the turn of the century. i actually bought it just to play mgs on my g3 minitower in college when it came out.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Krankenstyle posted:

lesson 1: pick a goalpost and stick to it for say 2-3 posts and if the goalpost moves an iota, declare victory. nothing matters to them, so nothing matters to you. if it doesnt move, just leave it alone cause its not important anyway.

one weird trick yosposters hate!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Doom Mathematic posted:

It kind of looks like it says 2016. Could just be me.

that's ok, the 2017 one looked like it said "cyberpink" so that continues the gimmick

• Locked thread