Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008
No good writer looks back on their own work and announces "Yes, this is all perfect".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008

I wonder what people even think "tuned" or "channel" mean in this context anymore.

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008
Mostly effluent, but maybe there'll be an absurdly powerful cyborg body in the pile!

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008
I think an idea has to be workable before it can be really bad. This idea is just impossible and therefore dumb.

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008
I mean, it's just a space elevator without the last quarter-mile?

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008

Sagebrush posted:

it looks like the whole tower is only about as big around as a regular skyscraper

what happens when a plane flies into it?

I guess the bottom few hundred/thousand feet of the skyscraper falls off, so they tie off the break, spool it out a bit and build some replacement skyscraper at the asteroid? Same way they construct it in the first place?

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008
code:
EXT. DESERT, DAY

RYAN GOSLING encounters a TORTOISE on its BACK.

He DOESN'T help.

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008
Carry On Up The Khyberpunk?

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008

lancemantis posted:

institutional racism and biases are nothing new, but now we'll encode them in machines to amplify their effect

And then shrug "I don't know, I just do what the algorithm says to do. Take it up with your lawyer, who is also an algorithm nobody understands."

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008

Improbable Lobster posted:

never buy any smart of iot devices ever

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008
What if likes, but too much?

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008

infernal machines posted:

yes, that's basically the premise of black mirror

I know, that's what I was referencing. Well, referencing a reference to.

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008

Improbable Lobster posted:

denis villeneuve is a good director

This is true, but I have a strong suspicion he's going to be working with extremely bad material.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008
It kind of looks like it says 2016. Could just be me.

• Locked thread