Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
i'm actually a cipherpunk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

infernal machines posted:

oh my god, the megarich are building survival vaults. it truly is cyberpunk 2017

hmm, we're directly responsible for driving wealth inequality ever higher, we're intentionally dismantling social safety nets and kicking out the stepladders that allowed us to become successful, and we continually lobby for smaller government, lower taxes and fewer restrictions on our destructive business practices. how can we, the ultra-wealthy whose economic and political influence largely shape the society we live in, answer the growing anger, desperation and despair in our country?

best start building bunkers to cut ourselves off entirely from poor people i guess!

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

happiness is mandatory, citizen consumer

it's nothing new tech-wise, though. i think one of the kinect example apps in the xbox one sdk pre-release was exactly this image. skeleton overlay, info about the face, and i think instead of happy: yes/no it had a range of emotion it could detect

the last computer vision conference i went to there were several companies demoing this tech, assigning percentages per face for a range of emotions. i spoke in depth to one guy who claimed they could analyse all the faces in a stadium crowd cam shot in realtime, but the issue was that marketers didn't really know what to do with the data and half their job was to try and come up with analytics that were simple enough for them actually to make use of

also the demo setup they had showed me as permanently 70%+ angry no matter what expression i tried to pull so i guess it worked pretty well

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

Maximo Roboto posted:

I just got this avatar this past weekend. I'm paranoid that someone on YOSPOS already has it. It seems like a pretty iconic shot from a classic hacker movie. Has anyone had a Whistler av already? I might've seen it somewhere

i found out the other day that some pyf poster also has my av and was a bit put out, but it's still a rad av so who cares i guess

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
i'd expect a tv tuned to a dead channel to look like a 404 or 503 these days

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

angry_keebler posted:

the fifth amendment only applies to self incrimination, which is why all of my passwords contain an admission of a crime

since you can't be compelled to incriminate yourself, you can just say that all your passwords contain an admission of a crime

also i maintain that the best solution is just never to enter the united states of america

• Locked thread