Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

that is the best gang tag I've ever seen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

yeah i'm gonna buy it as soon as i come up with a new av

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Cat Face Joe posted:

no you gotta go back to the neon frog and tele-juche

aaaa i forgot the fuckin tele-juche

oh well. i do like the neon frog though. i lost the old one and SOAP doesn't work any more so i made a slight variant on the original

i also think the unresized version of this one is p cool

Sagebrush fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Jan 4, 2017

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

also, what's that website that does the vaporwave image macro generator thing again? i can't find it any more

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ADINSX posted:

Yeah but seriously how do you do that, it says no images are allowed.

that is a half-truth. :ssh:

here's a hint: you can't get a gang tag until lowtax gets paid, one way or another.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

make it yourself, hippie

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

SwitchbladeKult posted:

Great thread! I'm going to grab me a pair of those shades. My only problem is they don't come in chrome.

in fact they do come in chrome. how do i know? because i built this. it doesn't look super chromey here (you need bright light on the outside) but trust me, it is.

i am so ready for the cyberpunk future

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

they move, obviously -- what kind of cylon would i be otherwise? and i programmed in about 20 different patterns.

i used to have that kind of stuff all over my bicycle too but the bike got stolen and i haven't made a new one for my new bike y et.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Told ya

Now build a cylon eye into it and we can be cyberpunk mirrorshade bros

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i think they should have cast the girl from pacific rim instead of scarlett johanssen.

otherwise it looks p deece. it's got beat takeshi (aka "that yakuza guy in every cyberpunk thing ever") in it so i'm gonna see it on that principle alone

e: ahh what the gently caress i've expressed a similar opinion as stymie. time to fall on my monomolecular filament

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i hope we get lots of shots of the tachikomas wrecking poo poo

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

hifi posted:

frisco

this and also the 80s.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i like virtual light

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

The_Franz posted:

i'm the torque wrenches in the combination briefcase

because i guess replacing a head gasket is a thing cyberpunks do

i don't think the author knows what a torque wrench is

certainly i've seen everything from an impact driver to a socket ratchet labeled as a "torque wrench"

see also: tire iron

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

infernal machines posted:

i'm the guy working in a secure facility that posts pictures of my work keys on the internet

Exactly how secure can it be if they let a random janitor walk around with a gun

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

DJ Commie posted:

by the time the guy mentioned his lack of competency the third time i knew his experience would end badly

i liked this bit

quote:

Then, sometime in January, I came home to find my boy Adrian with his face in a book. Adrian reads a lot, but there is a time and place for everything, and this was gaming time and gaming place. "How's it going, Adrian?"

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i have my desktop connected with ethernet and the rest of my stuff (laptop, phone, kindle...that's it) does wifi and it's p great. hundreds of megabyters per second beaming through the air all around me. some of it to my pocket-slate and some of it to my electric book. very cyberpunk.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Maximo Roboto posted:

I just got this avatar this past weekend. I'm paranoid that someone on YOSPOS already has it. It seems like a pretty iconic shot from a classic hacker movie. Has anyone had a Whistler av already? I might've seen it somewhere

It's a good avatar but I think a more YOSPOS quote would've been something like "hey guys, want to crash a few planes?" or whatever that line is

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

istr that, ironically, a broken youtube video does have a static effect playing in the background

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

citizen. pick up that can

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

hifi posted:

they're rebooting the matrix

they better have keanu reeves in it

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I like the bit where they say

quote:

Since 2001, our clinics have successfully conducted more than 7,000 stem cell procedures with less than 0.01 percent adverse reactions reported.

implying that 0.7 patients had an adverse reaction

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

right-to-repair and hardware DRM are issues that get me really fuckin heated for some reason. that article makes me wanna quit my job and move to nebraska and start hacking tractors as a service to humanity

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Shaggar posted:

I'm ok w/ allowing non-certified repairs that invalidate the warranty.

of course you are, shaggar.

Shaggar posted:

tbh tho gently caress farmers.

ahhh there it is

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Moist von Lipwig posted:

so mad I get this reference

nah, self-aware country music is awesome

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqK4Q67rdM4

give it until the first chorus

Sagebrush fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Mar 23, 2017

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

what if you work for the government or a defense contractor or something, and revealing the information on your phone would be a breach of national security -- would border control compelling you to unlock the device then be considered entrapment of sorts, because they're compelling you to commit a crime?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Blockade posted:

Before going through customs make an encrypted bit for bit copy of your phone and laptop, throw it in online storage, wipe your phone and laptop and reimage with the usual android/ios/windows OS with normal stuff on it like steam games and photos of family or whatever. After getting past customs wipe and reimage again with your encrypted backups. Seems pretty easy to get around.

I'm the hotel WiFi you're gonna try to upload 200 gigs of encrypted disk image across

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

it looks like the whole tower is only about as big around as a regular skyscraper

what happens when a plane flies into it?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

maniacdevnull posted:

"its so much cheaper to build in dubai!!!" *ignores cost of massive orbital plane change*

nah, just throw more slave laborers in spacesuits at it

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I have a couple of shirts with Mandarin collars and I feel v cyberpunk when I wear them

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

.| .| take me down to the ai city

where the cameras are racist and the cars drive lovely .| .|

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

angry_keebler posted:

a real cyberpunk would hook a laser projector up to some car batteries and have pirate showings but replace the soundtrack with sick synths and anti corporate messages

that's a solid mental image

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i sent this link to Peter Watts a number of months ago bc it's exactly like one of the things in one of his books, and he always has these afterwords where he cites the current-day sources that lead to all the future stuff he comes up with, and comments on which things from his previous books he got right or wrong

he never replied though :(

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

it'd be a pretty scary reality though if trump not only drops the bomb on the middle east, but a few decades later they start making anime

the nuclear apocalypse may be worse than has ever before been imagined

afghanistanimation is already a thing

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

my knowledge of russia comes from my 75 year old upstairs landlord and i can confirm that it indeed is all about the track suits, except when it's about slouching around in baggy white briefs with the elastic blown out and nothing else

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

electronic old men

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

just so everyone's clear, this is a confirmation that the same software or something superior is running on your own phone right now

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i definitely heard an NPR bit circa 2009 where they were talking about the FBI being able to remotely install firmware on any phone (flip phones and stuff were the primary interest, smartphones were still new) that would turn it into a mic, yeah

so if the FBI was doing it in 2009 that means the NSA was doing it in 1999, and in 2019 the average russian 16 year old will be able to do it too

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

haveblue posted:

EMF-opaque phone cases

:thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

communism bitch posted:

I honestly don't know anybody who has one,. You can't remove the battery?

what kind of phone do you have?

• Locked thread