Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
all those dumb cartoons about a sick computer in bed with a thermometer will prove strangely prescient

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

hobbesmaster posted:

at least we know why they aren’t helping the turtle

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
that particular door is part of a new startup that offers a subscription service to access luxury bathrooms through an online queue, read a few pages back in the tech bubble thread

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

NoneMoreNegative posted:

edit: also lol at this being a mono-engined jet and them just reusing a twin-jet control panel and putting a plate over one side

it was a one-off experimental plane so they must have put most of their resources into the mission-critical parts and then thrown together the rest with whatever was lying around the workshop

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

FMguru posted:

build in siri/alexa integration

boom, problem solved

"EAGLE ONE, FOX TWO!"

*left MFD suddenly displays sean hannity*

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

axolotl farmer posted:

an economy based on social crypto-cred is literaly the plot of Down and out in the Magic Kingdom by Cory Doctorow.

also literally the plot of at least 1 episode of black mirror

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I remember that I started reading islands in the net but I do not remember a single thing about it including whether I ever finished

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Australian man uses snack bags as Faraday cage to block tracking by employer

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

RFC2324 posted:

the one game i am always curious about for vr is skyrim. have you tried that?

skyrim vr is psvr-exclusive right now. visually it can be really astonishing, especially interiors which I wasn't expecting. cave rocks, vaulted ceilings, buttresses etc looming overhead. rooms full of npcs walking around and interacting all around you. it's the entire game content so that's like 20x the stuff to do of any other vr title right now. the motion controls let you draw bows, waggle melee weapons, and direct spells with your hands. somehow bethesda managed to get the whole thing running at a rock solid vr-ready framerate too

SO DEMANDING posted:

VR seems like most cyberpunk concepts: sounds/looks awesome in books/movies, but when actually implemented in reality is kinda lame at best and utterly impractical at worst

vr works but yeah you have to make a lot of room for it in your house and life. the people who think it will replace 2D gaming entirely are crazy

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Sagebrush posted:

I'd imagine that "somehow" is running a 2011 video game at TV resolution in 2017

it's bethesda so this still took everyone by surprise

and yeah it looks like the PS3 original, except at 60fps 1080p (more really because of how a vr rendering pipeline works)

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

lancemantis posted:

wait is that why Skyrim is in tv ads in TYOOL 2017?

yep. also switch version

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
extremely funny here in the good old u s of a

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

PleasureKevin posted:

anyone in this thread can teach me how to be hacker? :cool:

practice saying "I'm in" in your lowest, most gravelly voice

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Powaqoatse posted:

good god yall are a mess

stop encouraging plane movies

what else are you supposed to do on a plane

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Analytic Engine posted:

2012 is surprisingly watchable without headphones from the plane seat screen of a guy in the next row

2012 is good if you like watching john cusack ride a series of increasingly strange vehicles away from explosions

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
hi I’m gene, the relative humidity

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

bob dobbs is dead posted:

aren't there multiple cyberpunk books where the protag lives or deals with shipping containers

yeah it's a pretty standard trope

even shows up in the gibson x files episode (the good one)

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

communism bitch posted:

I wanna put it on my pubes + butt hair

panteney on my peeny

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
so are we all gonna upgrade to cyberpunk 2018 tags or what

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
can't wait for the vr patch for wipeout and painting my living room walls with neon vomit

• Locked thread