Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

The actor who plays Robbie Rotten has a pretty serious form of cancer. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Just think of this way. They're easy money in the 2017 death pool.

Last movie of 2016 was James Cagney and George Raft in Each Dawn I Die.

First movie of 2017 was Frank Sinatra in The Man With The Golden Arm.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Ended 2016 with My Cousin Vinny (went right up to the ball dropping), started 2017 with Vampire's Kiss, followed by some ultra low budget British haunted hotel movie from that Bizarre TV channel Dickeye recommended.

No idea what it was called, but an angry man punched through a girl who turned out to be a ghost so she threw him through the wall, and then the protagonists trapped her by throwing a fishing net and a smoke bomb at her.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Egbert Souse posted:

There should be a reversal where a bug transforms into a human and becomes a successful businessman

Isn't this pretty much Meet the Applegates?

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Not a bug but the best episode of the latest season of the X Files kind of tackles this.

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry
Ended 2016 with Spotlight and began 2017 with Zodiac, both seen for the first time. A good start.

Glamorama26
Sep 14, 2011

All it comes down to is this: I feel like shit, but look great.
Is Zodiac Fincher's best film? I think Se7en may still be the better time but oof, Zodiac is a monster

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Glamorama26 posted:

Is Zodiac Fincher's best film? I think Se7en may still be the better time but oof, Zodiac is a monster

It's definitely my favorite.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

zodiac or alien 3

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Glamorama26 posted:

Yes.

Seven and The Social Network come close though.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Ended 2016 with Orlando, started 2017 with a Collateral Beauty/Manchester By The Sea double feature, so now I want to die.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I wish Fincher would take more risks. He is an extremely competent filmmaker, and I bolt to the theater each time his next film is released, but he knows what he is good at and what makes money, and he sticks to that for the most part. I would love to see him take a new step artistically

blue squares fucked around with this message at 09:20 on Jan 2, 2017

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Ended 2016 getting paid twice my usual rate to work in a field I know nothing about and managed to come out the other side with compliments, so that was a thing. I'm sad I missed threadnamedome but I doubt I would have beat this, so

also I found my gift arsenal for next year's secret santa

Glamorama26
Sep 14, 2011

All it comes down to is this: I feel like shit, but look great.
Se7en always gets me cuz that Morgan Freeman-Gwyneth Paltrow abortion talk scene is one of my favorites. The acting, directing and tone is so loving great and real.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!
Ended 2016 with The War Room... well, watched that the night before the election and then didn't watch anything else.

UNTIL TONIGHT, starting off 2017 with The Monkees in Head (1968).

It's somethin'.

Discount Viscount fucked around with this message at 09:50 on Jan 2, 2017

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
Got lightly stoned last night and took a break from getting through BAFTA screeners to watch Hail Caesar! again. Which I enjoyed, again. Magnificent cinematography and the set pieces are amazing.

We've discovered some Cookie Monster shorts for my son, which are parody trailers for various well-known films. I think they are called Cookie Crumby Pictures and they are brilliant (and educational). We love them as much as he does.
https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8TioFHubWFtW1NT7VC1WG8mH_zmZK4aM

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
Well I for one am psyched to start out 2017 learning about super villain ska.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfYnvDL0Qcw

Kharn_The_Betrayer
Nov 15, 2013

Fun Shoe

Hat Thoughts posted:

By the law of New Threads all the lurkers of the last one have to become regulars & all the regulars have to retire. Cheers.

Ugh fìiiiiiiiiine *rolls eyes*

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Hat Thoughts posted:

By the law of New Threads all the lurkers of the last one have to become regulars & all the regulars have to retire. Cheers.
I think I'm finally okay with retiring from SA :shobon: I don't feel like I get much out of it like I used to, and I'd rather work or go to shows or go to movies or play video games or sleep or eat food or whatever than spend all my time posting here.

But you kids have fun! :love:

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Ended 2016 with the first half of It Follows and started 2017 with Breakfast at Tiffany's, holy poo poo is the latter racist.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Grendels Dad posted:

Ended 2016 with the first half of It Follows and started 2017 with Breakfast at Tiffany's, holy poo poo is the latter racist.

Mickey Looney no racist!

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Last two movies I watched in 2016 were Hard to Kill and Valkyrie, and the first two I watched in 2017 were F/X and F/X 2.

I'll watch anything, really.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

therattle posted:

Mickey Looney no racist!

I almost tapped out after that. But then Hannibal from A-Team lingered around this woman's place for ten minutes after saying he wanted to make a "phone call" and I thought he might be a cop.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
I watched that All is Lost movie, where Robert Redford stays quiet on a leaky boat

It was nice

Mahlertov Cocktail
Mar 1, 2010

I ate your Mahler avatar! Hahahaha!

Hat Thoughts posted:

Sup.

Last movie of 2016 was rewatching The Big Short but in Italian, last new movie was Lights Out, also in Italian.

Haven't watched a full movie in 2017 yet :smith:

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

blue squares posted:

my first 2017 movie was Yojimbo, get on my level cunts

Christmas Evil what the gently caress up

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Mahlertov Cocktail posted:

Sup.

Last movie of 2016 was rewatching The Big Short but in Italian, last new movie was Lights Out, also in Italian.

Haven't watched a full movie in 2017 yet :smith:

Why come you're watchin' movies "but in Italian"?

Mahlertov Cocktail
Mar 1, 2010

Cuz I'm in Italy visiting my girlfriend's family for the holidays! Their English isn't so hot, so when we watch movies it's gotta be in Italian, but that's fine since for me it's good practice.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Cuz I'm in Italy visiting my girlfriend's family for the holidays! Their English isn't so hot, so when we watch movies it's gotta be in Italian, but that's fine since for me it's good practice.

multo benne

Mahlertov Cocktail
Mar 1, 2010

*molto bene :smug:

I gotta watch more actual Italian movies, though. So far I've pretty much only seen La Strada, but that was excellent. I've had La grande bellezza for a while but haven't gotten around to it.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Sto cazzo!

That's some kind of pasta right?

I've been home for the holidays, but spent most of time chilling with my uncles watching old Warner bros. gangster movies, but yesterday we broke it up a little by throwing on Richard Pryor: Live on the Sunset Strip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3D6Qc6uByo

ruddiger fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Jan 2, 2017

Mahlertov Cocktail
Mar 1, 2010

ruddiger posted:

Sto cazzo!

That's some kind of pasta right?

Definitely ask for cazzo in a restaurant. It'll go well, trust me

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

*molto bene :smug:

I gotta watch more actual Italian movies, though. So far I've pretty much only seen La Strada, but that was excellent. I've had La grande bellezza for a while but haven't gotten around to it.

I've eaten spaghetti before.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
Has anybody seen Silence yet? It has two showings today, but I'm not sure I want to watch a 160 minute movie on a lazy sunday holiday monday.

Mahlertov Cocktail
Mar 1, 2010

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

I've eaten spaghetti before.

Solid food choice imo

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Yo Hundu what have you found re: they shoot zombies on YouTube

I need something to watch today and the only one I know is on there is dark night of the scarecrow

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
First movie of the year is American Beauty for me. I feel like it would make an interesting companion to Leon: The Professional.

therattle posted:

Got lightly stoned last night and took a break from getting through BAFTA screeners to watch Hail Caesar! again. Which I enjoyed, again. Magnificent cinematography and the set pieces are amazing.

It's Good.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVQ0JFzXMgY

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Coffee And Pie posted:

First movie of the year is American Beauty for me. I feel like it would make an interesting companion to Leon: The Professional.

It's Good.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVQ0JFzXMgY

Yeah, that and the water scene are particularly great.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Finally an opportunity to recommend Salò to someone without coming across as a creepy weirdo.

Well, less of a creepy weirdo, anyway.

Edit:

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Yo Hundu what have you found re: they shoot zombies on YouTube

I need something to watch today and the only one I know is on there is dark night of the scarecrow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWV5EsOVlpo

Samuel Clemens fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Jan 2, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

broken sm57
Apr 5, 2015
Last movie of 2016: the astronaut farmer

First of 2017: snow dogs

Things can only get better

• Locked thread