Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I didn't expect you to actually go with that title but I can't say I'm not happy you did

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Coffee And Pie posted:

2017 is gonna suck quote me on that fuckers

Well duh. The events of 2016 made sure of that

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Last was rewatching Zootopia because my mom wanted to see it. Haven't watched a movie in 2017 yet, though I finished off the first season of Daredevil and started on Jessica Jones

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Man, Jazzpunk sure is something. I'm not sure if it's the most brilliant game I've ever played or the stupidest or both.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I don't really have a mental voice for any of you. In fact putting an actual voice to it always feels off.

I hope the voice you people have for me isn't too annoying :ohdear:

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

can't believe the zog lizardmen finally got to John Carpenter :smith:

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
This image from the Clickhole facebook page really speaks to me.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
While the trailer is trying to hide it, it looks like A Dog's Purpose is continuous scenes where beloved dog dies: the movie

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Anonymous Robot posted:

Yo what are the best movies featuring telekinesis? Besides Akira, obviously

Dark City

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

K. Waste posted:

Yo, recommend me more avant-garde, experimental, and miscellaneous videos from 2016, I need to square up my 'best of' list with something a little tighter than Don't Hug Me, I'm Scared 6.

I'll assume you watched The Procedure and give you this instead
https://vimeo.com/169256540
:nws:

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Season 5 would be the best season of a lesser show with the Wire it's the only season with flaws so it's easily the worst. Like it's mostly still fantastic but one major plotline feels a bit silly and just like something from a lesser show and another feels underbaked and petty.

Unrelated, I'm finally watching one of singing mall walkthrough videos and this is the Blair Witch movie we'll never be good enough to get

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
This was posted on here awhile back so credit to whoever it was that originally found it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I43pxV35MbY
Contains the best jumpscare I've seen in years

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
To me it's always been more than a little shocking and pathetic just how utterly lost Apple seem without Jobs. Like, I never gave him that much credit but apparently he was the only one there that had any clue about anything

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I think the most enraging moment in my entire posting career was still when, after like a year straight of trying to get people to watch Venus in Fur, having someone finally watch it and attribute the recommendation to Hundu.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

therattle posted:

I think I can claim some credit for CPL wearing the shorts. My greatest contribution is surely :viggo: though.

You got me to stop using "alot" a lot

Honestly I don't know what lasting thing I can take credit for outside of the congratulations america things, which I think it mostly used by me anyways.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

FishBulb posted:

I don't get gum

What's to get?

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Axleblaze seems to have disappeared though.

Yo

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I think it'd have been more obvious if my new avatar wasn't in german but from what I understand it roughly translates to "Congratulations Doctor! Your team is addicted to you"

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Death By The Blues posted:

Has anyone here actually confronted somebody in a movie theatre before? Or is it more of a "that happened" scenario.

I will politely tell people to be quiet if it becomes a problem for me. I think the closest to it becoming an actual confrontation was when I saw Fury Road and I told to guys who were cat calling the wives to shut the gently caress up and later one got up to go to the bathroom and glared at the audience really intensely. Also at Sundance a middle aged man would not stop texting and I told him to stop and he started arguing bit I cut him off thing him I didn't want to hear it and if it was important he should go outside.

No applause though (however I have been thanked by other patrons a few times)

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
The most unnerving thing in these abandoned mall videos is the really convincing sounding PA music he adds to them to make the mall seem like it's still barely alive

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Today is the day I get my first set of Sundance tickets and of course I started the day by waking up from a dream in which I had completely forgotten and was late in getting them and every time I'd type "Sundance" into the browser it would autocorrect to something else. At least in the real world I am up on time and have the correct sites already open.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Jenny Angel posted:

Hey can anyone recommend some good cooking games? I'm one of the best Overcooked players in the whole wide world so obviously I love that, but all its recipes are super simple, with the challenge being more about managing co-op coordination in all the offbeat kitchen designs. I'm looking for something more based around larger numbers of recipes, more ingredients and processes involved in the recipes, etc. Something that I can play to sorta get myself into a soothing rhythm of memorized patterns to make a perfect lasagne or such

Others have said it but Cook Serve Delicious is 100℅ what you're looking for

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Snak posted:

Lol that's fine. I do not doubt your abilities.

My Overcooked partner is someone I've worked with in multiple real life kitchens with, so we bring in a lot of experience with that dynamic. A competitive aspect would have been really cool.

Doesn't it have a versus mode?

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
If anyone cares, these are the Sundance tickets I have thus far (with comments where I feel the need to make them):
XX (all female director horror anthology)
Animation Spotlight
Midnight Shorts Program
The Discovery
Kuso (Flying Lotus directed movie co-written by David Firth)
Burning Sands
Lemon
Free and Easy
ICARUS
Shorts Program 5

Now I have to see if I can hold out on paying $65 to be able to purchase my other tickets early.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

weekly font posted:

Existenz is not good.

Actually it is :eng101:

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Well we were just discussing most embaressing moments in comics recently and looks like we have a brand new contender!
https://twitter.com/broderick/status/817010046529916930

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

FishBulb posted:

Yeah it's really not a big deal. It's a dumb eye roll thing.

Well I mean the context I posted it in was that it was embarrassing, not that everyone should be outraged or anything

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Safety Factor posted:

Does Nightbreed count? He didn't direct it, but Cronenberg had a major role.

Nightbreed sucks.

What the hell?

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

weekly font posted:

After years of being unable to play it, I have finally obtained a copy and played a few hours into the predecessor of my favorite game of all time - Dark Souls. I am now that much more grateful it exists because I can't comprehend how a game as bad as Demon's Souls got a sequel.

...What the hell is up with this thread tonight?

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Boletaria Palace is still my favorite level in any videogame period.

For me the series didn't even come close to creating a level as unnerving, atmospheric and generally amazing as Tower Of Latria until Bloodborne and even then I don't think it quite managed to match that

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
The newest character Sanrio came up with seems to be a change of pace for the company...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvClxgjYJZ4

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I read The Mask comic when I was really young and because I've so rarely seen it mentioned the whole thing feels like this weird fever dream where it's similar but really violent in an oddly off-putting way and also the character the movie focused on was there but was now a huge rear end in a top hat that dies pretty quickly.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Nothing like starting your day by getting a frozen phonebook stuck in your snowblower and no that is not a euphemism for something

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I'd remake From Dusk Til Dawn and keep everything the same but switch Rodriguez and Tarantino just to see how it would turn out

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
On the one hand I kind of sympathize with Fallon because he's never claimed to be political or hard hitting nor has he ever really not anyone one his show due to politics nor has he ever asked anything but the most softball of softball questions.

On the other hand gently caress him and gently caress everything I just wrote. He's an unfunny spineless hack and the fact that he's pretty much the current king of late night is pathetic on many levels

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Jimmy Fallon just seems like everything anyone has ever hated about SNL made into one person and given a talk show.

Also, to respond to the earlier question about what impact his Trump thing really had, I will agree that a tonight the criticism dies give him far too much credit. I don't think anyone was convinced to vote for Trump by him being on that show and being chummy with Fallon. Hell, I don't think it even made anyone like him more. Really the only thing that came out if it was a discussion on the fact that it had happened and how bad it was with little actual concern for it's impact and no one in either side praising it. Even so, the while thing just acts to show Fallon as a guy who does not seem to have any opinion about anything or any need but to be a vessel for whomever he books on his show to use without question.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Relevant to recent discussion
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E37BSMRA7-o

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Oh man, I just spent the last 3 hours trying to get Sundance tickets because their site refused to work correctly for me. That was fun. I got some but I also lost two in the process, including one I really wanted to see. Ah well...

Edit: ...and tickets for the some I really wanted to see opened up again. woo

axelblaze fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Jan 10, 2017

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
One of my cat's got an infected tooth a few years ago and it cost $500 to get it dealt with. We didn't really have much money to work with at the time but it was causing her visible pain (to the point she couldn't open one of her eyes) and she was spending a lot of time just hiding and moping so drat right we had to take care of that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Well, at least Shmorky might have a chance a position in the Trump administration now...

Oh god, how is a Trump presidency a thing that is actually happening? Like this feels more and more like a hidden camera show gone way too far.

• Locked thread