Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
title owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

blue squares posted:

my first 2017 movie was Yojimbo, get on my level cunts

Christmas Evil what the gently caress up

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Mahlertov Cocktail posted:

*molto bene :smug:

I gotta watch more actual Italian movies, though. So far I've pretty much only seen La Strada, but that was excellent. I've had La grande bellezza for a while but haven't gotten around to it.

I've eaten spaghetti before.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Yo Hundu what have you found re: they shoot zombies on YouTube

I need something to watch today and the only one I know is on there is dark night of the scarecrow

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Tiger posted:

First thing i watched 2017 was the sense8 Christmas special. There were quite a few of the wordless montages set to music, only one of which was "everybody's loving each other". I can't decide if I want the series to just pick up the pace with the Whispers plot, or if I prefer them to draw out the period where most of the sensates' problems stem from their regular lives before everyone's hunted by government agents. Because slow as it feels, just having these characters deal with their lives and giving each other loving advice is really enjoyable to me!

I think that was what I enjoyed most about the show, that everyone was just kind of doing their thing and then also maybe falling in love with a person they've never met

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

SEX HAVER 40000 posted:

"Chumbawamba was a great anarcho-punk band!" is this year's "Mario 2 was called Doki Doki Panic in Japan!"

What you mean it's a correct statement that only people who actually are invested in the thing give a poo poo about

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Coffee And Pie posted:

I reckon you could make one really great movie out of all the VHSes

yeah it's called vhs 1 and 2 back to back duh

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
im going to record a series of short 15 minute podcasts every day on my cell phone's microphone as i drive to/from work, discussing whatever weird british comics mag i've read that day

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

comics own

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Jenny Angel posted:

Just out of curiosity, whose voice do y'all read SMG's posts in? I usually default to Herzog but it definitely doesn't fit with 100% of his stuff

Trick question , I don't read his posts

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Jenny Angel posted:

For the record your posting voice is very soothing and matter-of-fact

What's my posting voice

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Jenny Angel posted:

Matt Christman doing an angry guido voice

At first i got mad but this is good

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Hundu what was the verdict on They Shoot Zombies movies on YouTube

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Hat Thoughts posted:

theres like 20 torrents that are exactly that

of what, the fuckin laserdisc releases?

wanting the original version of the OT to be legally available on a format that is actually current isn't a terrible thing

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Hat Thoughts posted:

no people spent years of their life making it identical to the laserdisc in hd

Except it's not

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Also why the gently caress should I have to pirate it to watch the movie the way it was originally presented

It's a real important movie in American cinema it should just be fuckin available

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Also official release of the holiday special

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

The Exorcist was re-released six-years after its original theatrical run. This 1979 version had an 'updated' sound mix and various visual alterations. The 1973 version has never been given a home release.

Aren't the visual alterations just like subliminal captain howdy poo poo

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Timby posted:

I imagine Disney would have to deliver the biggest dumpster truck full of cash at Fox's front door in order to get that released, though.

Releasing the original cut on Blu-ray would make at least two dumpster trucks of money

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Night Mind was Dickeye. What was "Jeff approaches the Clown"?

no i got night mind from jenny i think, or maybe axelblaze. it was someone talking about his This House Has People In It video, which was cool but didn't really prepare me for how actually smart and good Nick is

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Jenny Angel posted:

I was seriously not prepared for the extent of this

you cut out the part where i wasn't sure which of you fuckers it was! i just remember what the video being discussed was that lead me to him

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
tonight, i'm playing frog fractions 2

hail. satan.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Budgie Jumping posted:

Hey I know you guys like comics. What's that The Mask comic like?

Dope as gently caress but ins anely dark

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Holy loving christ, The Unfunnies might legitimately be the worst comic book ever published. I'm not being hyperbolic here.

No poo poo

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

I think there's a few parts in Bloodborne better than Tower Of Latria, but for sure one thing they have lost is the mundanity of the King's Field style level design. Tower of Latria, the mines and Boletaria Palace feel less like videogame level segments and more like built-out complete spaces, but not in a lame open world kind of way. It's not to the degree that S.T.A.L.K.E.R. is designed, which has whole, complete structures that have nothing in them but scenery and only function as landmarks, but still.

Do you know the name of Ep. 12?

star treatment

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hollywood_(1980_TV_series)

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
im getting like eighty dollars back on my taxes this year and i dont know how and im about to fuckin cry because i was really thinking i was going to have more money coming in to pay my fuckin bills

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

CPL593H posted:

A lot of the original individual issues of the material in the second omnibus are like 2-3 bucks a piece. I'm really not sure why the omnibus editions are so expensive if the original issues aren't rare or valuable.

look you are just as deep in this asinine hobby as i am you know how this poo poo works

nerds are morons

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

I'm pretty deep in this asinine hobby too, don't floppies tend to be more expensive than trades unless it's a super-in-demand series?

depends on whats actually in print! punisher max singles aren't bad but the original run of trades is stupid expensive

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

TrixRabbi posted:

Yo I got a food-for-thought question for y'all. If you could remake one movie which one and why?

And to be clear, this is you remaking it. Not like "I want John Carpenter to do Jurassic Park" or whatnot.

Surviving Edged Weapons

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Alternately Ferris Buellers Day Off but with Cameron being the one who convinced Ferris to take a day off of work and it ends up being about a midlife crisis and at the end Ferris eats his gun

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Egbert Souse posted:

I would 100% see Surviving Edged Weapons as a Dickeye joint.

We would spend way more time getting to know Stab Lawyer and the inventor of Knife Hat

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Today's YTOTD kicks rear end if you like FF horror:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpTpVBsHyH4

SORGOI PRAKOV, My European Dream

sell it to me

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Sugar Cookies (1971)

quote:

A surreal psychological thriller from the creator of "Troma," the director of "Silent Night, Bloody Night," and director Oliver Stone! (91 minutes)

sure

why not

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

SEX HAVER 40000 posted:

I ran out of Smugfilm and Frost/Christman. Are there any other good podcasts that ARE NOT bad movie comedy casts?

chapo trap house and street fight radio and i dont even own a television

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

I Don't Even Own A Television is a podcast about bad books, if that's helpful

andif you tweet lyrics from TLO Roll Call at jay you can almost hear him sigh

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

im gonna check them out once my first month at exploitation.tv (which is the vinegar syndrome folks) runs out i think

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Coffee And Pie posted:

Same except ever since I turned into a grownup I'm a sleepy boy all the time.

Same except because I'm constantly watching tokusatsu

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

SEX HAVER 40000 posted:

Welp looks like I'm on a /pol/ dox list. Anyone have any advice? i really, really, really don't wanna get doxxed.

Jerk off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
aight help me cined you're my only hope

my tv overscans like a motherfucker but only when i use my roku, which coincidentally is when i give the biggest gently caress about overscan. i cant disable it when my roku is hooked up because ????? so i'm looking to replace this pos with something slightly newer

it needs to be a) not a billion dollars and 2) have 1:1 pixel mapping slash the option to turn that overscan poo poo the gently caress off all the time

pls help

• Locked thread