Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jigoku
Apr 5, 2009

weekly font posted:

The final 40 of Why Don't You Play In Hell? is a high point in cinema history.

So good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jigoku
Apr 5, 2009

Safety Factor posted:

Yeah, definitely, but Rogue One is pretty bland.

I just wish they could have given Donnie Yen something cooler to chant.

Jigoku
Apr 5, 2009

Not as good as the first one but still really cool.

Jigoku
Apr 5, 2009

plz dont pull out posted:

While the plot lacks the puppy revenge vibe of the first, I really like how John Wick 2 changes John's role from that of a predator to a guy that's being hunted constantly. He's on the backfoot but constantly fuckin dudes up.

Yeah. I missed the unbridled rage from JW1 but the context change is cool for a sequel because it ultimately puts some separation in between the two.

Jigoku
Apr 5, 2009

K. Waste posted:

Speaking of musicians-turned-actors (from forever ago), Common is a pretty decent actor and he was particularly dope in John Wick: Chapter 2

JW2 is the only film I ever liked him in. He's soooo boring in everything else. Also boring: his music post-LWFC.

Jigoku
Apr 5, 2009

ruddiger posted:

I usually make it a point to hold my phone in view when I'm turning it off, that way when some piece of poo poo sitting next to me inevitably takes out his phone because they're an impatient baby, I can be even more of a smug prick to them.
Oh poo poo, I've actually seen somebody do this.

Jigoku
Apr 5, 2009

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

I missed this post but he wouldn't need a weapon

Everyone forgets that John Cena's weapon of choice was a chain around the fist. What is the Fire Emblem equivalent?

Jigoku
Apr 5, 2009

On episode 4 of American Gods and am liking it way more than I was expecting to. 20 minutes into Twin Peaks and I'm not sure what to think yet. 22 minutes in and...never mind. I'm all in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jigoku
Apr 5, 2009

My fiancee and I were watching Vice Principals and she just dropped the bomb on me that she thought the two main actors were Ron Swanson and the Allstate Insurance Meyhem guy and that she doesn't like either very much.

I guess I kind of get Meyhem guy...

I'm just going to put Eastbound and Down, Justified, and Parks and Rec on in the background while we're doing chores randomly from now on like she does with The Office (US) and Keeping Up Appearances.

Jigoku fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Aug 2, 2018

• Locked thread