Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

My first movie of 2017 was The Rock. It mostly holds up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Glamorama26 posted:

Is Zodiac Fincher's best film? I think Se7en may still be the better time but oof, Zodiac is a monster

It's definitely my favorite.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I'm really mad Netflix lost the rights to Columbo.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

blu-rays end up as a file on my computer after I'm done with them

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Timby posted:

I imagine Disney would have to deliver the biggest dumpster truck full of cash at Fox's front door in order to get that released, though.

They could just trade them some more X-Men or something

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Jenny Angel posted:

Hey can anyone recommend some good cooking games? I'm one of the best Overcooked players in the whole wide world so obviously I love that, but all its recipes are super simple, with the challenge being more about managing co-op coordination in all the offbeat kitchen designs. I'm looking for something more based around larger numbers of recipes, more ingredients and processes involved in the recipes, etc. Something that I can play to sorta get myself into a soothing rhythm of memorized patterns to make a perfect lasagne or such

Maybe cook, serve, delicious?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/247020/

I can't really think of any in-depth cooking games.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Coffee And Pie posted:

It's way prettier than it has any right to be. Plus K-Stew :swoon:

In terms of surprisingly good action/comedies, it's 2015's Premium Rush.

Premium Rush owns. When I was watching it, I couldn't shake the idea that it was almost a remake of Hackers but with hacking swapped out for bike riding.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

You're doing great work.

Kinda blows my mind that a lot of these stay up.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Shanty posted:

It's definitely less weird overall than back when the "Games industry" was dudes making Jet Set Willy in their basements or whatever

A quick glance at itch.io puts the lie to this

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I appreciated that Pacific Rim didn't throw in a romance between the male and female leads.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

glam rock hamhock posted:

Just encountered a group loudly talking about the ending of the movie I'm gonna see later today. What is wrong with people?

They saw the movie and want to talk about it and real life isn't a fuckin spoiler free zone unless you're standing in front of the movie theater

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

The problem with saying we should use ideas and truth to fight nazis is that it frames the conflict like it's a debate between competing legitimate ideologies, which is not actually the case.

Punch Nazis.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Lil Mama Im Sorry posted:

"if you punch a nazi, don't u sort of become a nazi? and if you burn a limo, don't u sort of become a limo?"

"I burned a limo once and now, since then, rich men are inside me all the time"

not emptyquoting to show my appreciation of this joke

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Anonymous Robot posted:

Congress just introduced a bill to repeal the ACA that doesn't require them to replace it with anything, and Trump affirmed his intentions to move forward on the DAPL.

They also sent a bill to the Senate that would let Trump get rid of any regulations he wants without having to go through normal channels.

Strap in, everyone.

edit: I'm in Houston, TX

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I'm glad Mel Gibson could be welcomed back into the Hollywood fold, it's about time such an upstanding citizen receives some recognition for his work

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Olympus/London Has Fallen are pretty dumb and fun

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

gently caress Whitey posted:

those movies are fuckin garbage

Agreed, they're also dumb and fun

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Snak posted:

I'm not particularly optimistic about the movie, but this is a pretty dope poster:

Looks like a Mondo poster

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Japanimation

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

CelticPredator posted:

Where and when? I want to hear it for myself. Just so I can know. It's mostly the liberal part that's new to me.

You're not going to find anyone actually saying these words. You can about black people, though. http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2016/11/north-carolina-gop-brags-about-how-few-black-people-were-able-vote-early

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

X-Ray Pecs posted:

My cat vomited a mouthful of bile when I gave her some liver meds the other day. She went to surgery today for a feeding tube, so she'll be okay.

pet your cat for me

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Dark Archie is weird enough that I honestly can't decide if it's amazing or terrible

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I was mixed on Dark Archie right after watching it but I haven't been able to stop thinking about it all day.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

married but discreet posted:

So has anyone actually read an Archie comic?

the new ones are real good

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I can usually understand where people are coming from with their movie opinions, but there are a lot of people I know that insist that Batman V Superman was one of the best movies of last year and I just do not get it

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

:perfect:

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

It's always nice to be able to pretend racist shitheads only live in one part of your country.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

X-Ray Pecs posted:

I just looked it up, the Muse album in question is about as long at The Chameleons' Script of the Bridge, which fit on one LP. No goddamn excuse for 3 LPs other than having 3 LPs.

As far as I can tell, if you're not making a 3xLP LIMITED EDITION swirly multicolored release, you aren't trying hard enough

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Safety Factor posted:

I'm not interested in the beans/no beans argument, I can go either way, but can we at least agree that chili should not be made with ground beef?

I agree in principle but beef is loving expensive

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Lurdiak posted:

What's up with that, anyway? Beef didn't use to be so much more expensive than other meats.

It started with the historic midwest droughts a few years ago, at least in the states, but IDK why it's stayed so high.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Death By The Blues posted:

Thought they were known for their Brazilian steakhouses? We don't have much of those in Canada.

I think you're confusing there being brazillian steakhouses called Texas de Brazil with texas being famous for them.

source: I've lived in Texas my whole life and never heard we're famous for them

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Snak posted:

Has anyone rewatched Enemy of the State (1998) recently?

Yes and it turns out the ratio of funny stupid to boring stupid was not nearly as good as I had remembered.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Tapes are cool but buying new ones feels really silly to me

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Criminal Minded posted:

February Netflix changes

Notable arrivals
Babe, Babe: Pig in the City, The Blair Witch Project, Clouds of Sils Maria, Finding Dory, Magic Mike, Milk, The Nightmare Before Christmas, Paris is Burning (sup HUNDU), Superbad

Also the first two seasons of Lucha Underground.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Detective No. 27 posted:

Movies recorded on VHS from TV would make for a good thread topic. I remember watching Wallace and Gromit hundreds of times, as well as Pete's Dragon. We also had a copy of Toy Story we recorded by hooking two VCRs together.

I had an extensive set of tapes from the Sci-Fi Channel's Saturday Anime block.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

If you're concerned about Family Tree Now and other websites like it that collate your personal info, this is a really good guide for cleaning up all the low-hanging fruit that doesn't take a lot of time.

https://tisiphone.net/2017/01/25/thwart-my-osint-efforts-while-binging-tv/

While it's correct that this is public information, getting it off these websites will stop anyone who's not really dedicated from finding your info.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Egbert Souse posted:

I finally saw the original Godzilla. drat, I wasn't expecting it to be that dark and grim.

It's so good though. I need to watch the US edit, I've never seen it and it sounds like a decent historical curiosity.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Episode 2 of Riverdale AKA Dark Archie AKA Tween Peaks AKA Archie Fucks AKA Josie and the Pussycats, Kill, Kill AKA Jughead Mars wasn't the banger episode 1 was but it was still pretty good.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Magic Hate Ball posted:

-decide which of my three fortune cookies contains the real fortune

What if ... they all do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I watched Dark Archie and now I'm going to watch Iron Eagle 3 and 4 because the Sony Movie Channel shows ridiculous, terrible poo poo all the time

Look at this:

• Locked thread