Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Anonymous Robot posted:

Watching boyhood currently and so far my takeaway is that no matter what happens, no matter where you go or how things change, dragonball z will be there for u

This is a proper life lesson. Goku died for our sins and was also a really absent father

I watched VHS 2 last night and Safe Haven is super dope, as is Slumber Party Alien Abduction and the fact that the frame ends as a stupid comedy. The first two are just wet farts though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

K. Waste posted:

gently caress you, the GoPro zombie short was brilliant and at least as good as "Safe Haven."

But, yeah, the first one about the cyber-eye was garbo.

GoPro Zombie just didn't do anything for me. It wasn't actively lame like ghost cybernetics, which squandered a solid premise, but it just didn't feel like it did anything especially unique in any meaningful sense. I think I just wish that the tone of comedy horror to 'zombie learns he can't eat a wallet' was the more predominant element, though that might be just because the ending leans way hard into pathos in a way that didn't work at all for me.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
The best parts of Pacific Rim were Charlie Day and Ron Perlman and that's it.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

FreudianSlippers posted:

Eyes Wide Shut is even better than I remembered. I liked that there are Christmas lights of some sort in nearly every scene. The most notably Christmas light lacking scenes being the spooky masquerade and other things involving the secret society.

Yeah the orgy decorating committee really dropped the ball.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Anonymous Robot posted:

Yo Boston folks, John Darnielle is presenting a screening of Targets at the Brattle on Feb 8. Not sure why he's doing it but hey, two great tastes that taste great together

He's doing a reading from his new book, which apparently features Targets prominently. I'm pissed as hell I'm not going to be around for it.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
Trudeau seems like a real chump

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

These articles were all over the drat place for a while, usually accompanied by a picture of him jogging, but people seem to be coming around.

He's the liberal version of shirtless Putin, right down to actually being unattractive.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Turning life into the leftist version of Postal 2 might not be that bad.

gently caress Whitey posted:

gently caress you they dont deserve a single bit of my brainpower

Are wedgies and shoving them in lockers still on the table

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

glam rock hamhock posted:

Update: I did not die in a horrible snowy mountain carcrash

Is kaiju Anne Hathaway good?

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
If I got to be Pope I'd probably just see how long I could have my dick hang out a hole in my vestments before someone said something.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
New Rick & Morty is pretty drat great.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

CPL593H posted:

I think if you're on the west coast it hasn't started yet.

BY THE WAY. Is there a way to restart the episode from the beginning or will it just keep looping?

Eternal loop. I caught the final scene before the rest and I honestly think that made all the rest better.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

K. Waste posted:

I found three obscene polaroids just blowing around in a small embankment around the park when I was walking my dogs. One is of a lady's boobs, the other is of this guy's johnson. I really should bring my camera around more, the things I find around this place.

This has reminded me of my favorite gag in The Trust, a surprisingly good movie, so I say cheat yourself some pre-smartphone dickpic pix.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Power of Pecota posted:

Was this the Nicolas Cage/Elijah Wood The Trust because I'm blanking on that bit.

The "That tastes good to you!?" "No" one in the bar scene was pretty great, though.

Paraphrased: Looking through the 'reconnaissance' photos: "Did you hire a homeless person to go in and take these?" "Just keeping going, you'll see!" And then there's the one the guy he hired took of his dick.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

Blade Runner is typically held up as the pinnacle of sci-fi noir, and it's easy to see why, but I think Strange Days hits the noir beats much better. Lenny Nero is a perfect noir protagonist.

Agree 100%. Deckard is a prick, but he's not slimy quite the same way and there's something essential about that to the grimy cyberpunk noir, all the way back to Neuromancer.

Edit: It's really pretty far removed from the genre, but for some reason I want to recommend Time After Time, too. Modern LA is basically Victorian Futurism's cyberpunk future, right? It's also just fun.

RandallODim fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Apr 3, 2017

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

FreudianSlippers posted:

?????????????????

Somebody fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Apr 4, 2017

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
Congrats on getting your own place, Dickeye, sucks it's early and because of family poo poo but having a living space with your SO is nice and also your mom sounds like not someone to live with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

How many replies have they gotten that are just the letter to MLK

• Locked thread