Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
Last watch of 2016 was Neighbors 2, which is good. First watch of 2017 was The To-Do List, which is good for those who consider the American Pie spinoffs to be too highbrow. For all others, it's bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

X-Ray Pecs posted:

What film presents y'all get for Christmas? My dad got my Better Call Saul season 2, my older sister got me The Godfather trilogy, and I bought myself bargain bin copies of The Wolf of Wall Street, It's a Wonderful Life, and motherfucking Dredd. My girlfriend, meanwhile got me a little Slowpoke plush that I'm totally bringing to work and setting next to my Hedorah and Freddy Krueger :kimchi:

I got the complete run of Degrassi Junior High and Degrassi High as a gift, and picked up The Nice Guys, Ghostbusters and Neighbors 2 on Boxing Day.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

PSA: It's Always Sunny season premiere is tonight!

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

I still see Mr. Flunchy posting in the forums. He shows up in the scary/unnerving story thread in PYF quite a bit.

Axleblaze seems to have disappeared though.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

I didn't even realize it was you. I do about 99% of my browsing on mobile so avatars are quite small and other text is not displayed.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

I'd remake Revenge of the Nerds.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

Coffee And Pie posted:

Jurassic Park except the Chris Pratt character is a lot more like John Goodman in The Big Lebowski.

He should be like John Goodman as Fred Flintstone and make the dinosaurs do housework.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

SEX HAVER 40000 posted:

Welp looks like I'm on a /pol/ dox list. Anyone have any advice? i really, really, really don't wanna get doxxed.

What did you do? Do you use the same user name across multiple sites?

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

I Before E posted:

The only worthwhile games platform is an emulator on your phone

Or a ps2

Nintendo should develop an official game boy emulator for mobile/tablet. They could even include a huge bundle of games at the onset like they did with the NES classic.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

Selma is a recent essential political movie.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

The middle of Argo is dedicated to trying to create a lame catch phrase.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

Homer Goes to College, Cape Feare, Homer at the Bat and itchy & Scratchy Land are my favorite Simpson episodes.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

There could be some alt-righters lurking in this forum, but I imagine they would spend more time in games or GBS. I've noticed the alt-right doesn't seem to spend much time on film sites. Even cesspools like Reddit movies have few alt-right posters. They really only show up in numbers when something offends them, like female ghostbusters.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

Dark Archie wasn't on any of my channels. It is hitting Netflix pretty soon though and will update weekly. After a few weeks there should hopefully be some consensus on whether or not it's worth watching.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

Did he ever gently caress Ethel?

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

I thought it was going to be a few weeks behind, but Dark Archie is already on Netflix.

I'm in.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

I preferred The Visit to Split, but Split was still good. I'm enjoying Shyamalan's resurgence.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

HMV is closing. They're the last record/DVD store we have here, aside from places like Walmart or Best Buy.

They've been on a decline for a while, and were overpriced for a lot of things, but I'm still a little sad to see them go. It was always convenient to head to their store during lunch if there was something I wanted to get.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

Detective No. 27 posted:

Also, that sucks. Do you have a local used record store? At mine, I was able to buy a new copy of Chimes at Midnight for $13 the other day.

There's a good used record store near work, but for music I've only bothered buying digital for almost 10 years now.

As far as used DVD/Blu, it's pretty much just pawn shops at this point. There's online garage sale sites too, like VarageSale or Kijiji.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

Snak posted:

It just sounds like a checklist.

Millenium Falcon
Cloud City
Walking Carpet
Jabba the Hutt (maybe, maybe in the sequel)
Never tell me the odds!
Kessel Run
Explanation about why the Kessel Run is measured in parsecs
Credits

That's it. That's the whole movie. Write whatever plot you want and try to fit it between those scenes.

edit: I have been calling it Dark Archie to support Jenny, I haven't even seen the show yet.

Also, a scene where he shoots first

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

MacheteZombie posted:

Would have capitalized the second b if that was the case.

Blockbuster Video, I don't see it in the CineD subforums

It's not a subforum anymore.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

Admins please change my name to Vatican Greg.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

I've been wondering why everyone's praising Belly all day as I didn't recall it being anything special, but I just realized I was thinking about Juice. I think this makes me racist.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

The Chapo team is (were?) goons, right?

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

X-Ray Pecs posted:

It's within the past couple months, he jokes that he's permabanned poster radiumstomper88, and he also specifically namedrops Something Awful when he talks about the infamous "Final Fantasy is better than sex" post.

Yeah, I heard the thing about the permabanned poster and thought they'd have to be goons to know about that.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

I wonder* how she feels about Congress making it easier for these "mentally ill criminals" to get guns?

*I don't actually wonder, or care what she thinks

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

In one of the only 'clever' touches, the plot centres around the fact that Samara is not on the internet yet. She's implicitly dying out because VHS is obsolete, and no-one has bothered to transfer her tapes to a digital format.

However, this means that Rings is (after a stupid 'what's she been up to' extended prologue) primarily a severely dumbed-down remake of the original... that ends with Samara getting onto the internet(!!!). Basically the Force Awakens of Ring movies.

is the scene in the trailer where the video plays on the plane the last scene of the movie?

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

MTV Canada is playing old episodes of degrassi and Drake from rap music just got shot.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

A new contender for "worst thing ever to happen on 9/11"

It's tied with the release of Silver Side Up.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

U2 was decent up until 1997's Pop. It was the last album that truly felt like they were pushing their boundaries.

The turning point for U2 was their first signed after Pop, The Sweetest Thing. It was included on their Greatest Hits of the eighties album and marketed as a lost deep cut from that era, despite sounding like the late 90s trite that it was.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

Josh Lyman posted:

Your mom doesn't have $240 to spend on Adele albums?

To be fair, that's far above my Adele budget as well.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

Jenny Angel posted:

[throws up hands] What is this jargon, talk like a normal person

That Ape school Movie, Shark mouth and Florida crook are on tonight.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

The MSJ posted:

Writing, grandpa? Youtube is where it's at now.

Seriously, though. I find it a bummer that interesting writing often gets ignored in favor of a stylish but pretty basic video.

Maybe I'm old as gently caress, but I always read reviews rather than watching videos. Watching videos is so time consuming compared to reading an article.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

RIP George 'The Animal' Steele. Big wrestling star back in the day, and non-wrestling fans may know him from his role in Ed Wood.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

I need to get out of the house for a few hours tomorrow afternoon - should I go see A Cure for Wellness or Fist Fight? Neither is getting the best reviews, but Wellness looked interesting from its trailer, and Fist Fight has Charlie Day, so there's at least some potential for a decent movie.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

MisterBibs posted:

Fist Fight was funny as poo poo.

It really was pretty funny. Charlie Day is awesome, as is Ice Cube.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

Blisster posted:

So I'm gonna be joining some friends who recently started a horror movie podcast (where everyone gets drunk and watches the movie and usually just ends up talking about Degrassi). They asked me to bring my favourite horror film, which I think is The Thing. One of them hasn't seen it so that should be fun. Although I'm almost tempted to bring Beyond the Black Rainbow to gently caress with everyone's minds.

Also it's ridiculous that I am subscribed to Netflix, Fandor and Shudder, yet I spent the last two days watching short films and 80s anime on youtube. I'm really bad for focusing in on a certain genre or type of movie and not watching all the other stuff on my list.

Slow down - OG degrassi or bastard degrassi?

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

Lurdiak posted:

Is there anything lower than a fake leftist concern trolling about free speech?

Does Assange even pretend to be on the left anymore?

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Probably going to watch Trash Fire, Night of the Living Dead, and Return of the Living Dead in the next 24 hours because ladyeye works tomorrow so I have gently caress all to do tomorrow night

You should watch the original NotLD and the 1990 remake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

I remember after Obama beat McCain the Republican Party decided to adopt left wing policies to appeal to centrists and made sure that their base did nothing to upset anyone.

• Locked thread