Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Not a bug but the best episode of the latest season of the X Files kind of tackles this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
About to brew some tea and watch the Handmaiden. Fun times.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Like how people are divided it over. Surprised at videos i have seen criticizing it, then the video criticizing the comments criticizing the original critical video.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Handmaiden was awesome. Go see it.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Emile Hirsch he fell far. Idiot for attacking that executive.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Has anyone here actually confronted somebody in a movie theatre before? Or is it more of a "that happened" scenario.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
The worst I had is a dad encouraging his kid to talk during the Jungle Book. "Thats funny right." "Wow that was really scary, huh?"

Also, used a flashlight to find his seat in the movie theatre, he showed up 20 minutes late and did this during the movie.

Finally had enough told him he is in public and should have more shame. Seemed to shut up *shrug*

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
OJ Made in America is great soooooooo far.

Also, what do you like in your stir fry?

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Its The Fly.

Although, Dead Ringers is da bomb.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Hope this is a re-occuring thing.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Matilda still really holds up.

Ms. Trunchbull manages to be a better villain then anything Marvel has trotted out.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Surprised Hundu seems white. He doesn't act white

E: American Werewolf in London doesn't hold up outside of key set pieces, its boringggggg

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Oddly me too haha.

Maybe its the Raptors year *shrug*

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Hey everyoneeeeeeee.

Still chugging along in pre, I know I sent the draft of our script to people and got no responses. So if it is terrible please let me know or if you want to read it, e-mail me at daumounkhakpour@gmail.com

Also, who likes sour beers?

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Wish we had New Belgium here. Just picked up a couple of Rodenbach Vintages, love them.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011

Magic Hate Ball posted:

General q: what movies did you all love as a kid that weren't "kid's" movies? I saw a used copy of Frida at the bookstore the other day and it reminded me of when I used to watch it over and over in sixth grade for some reason.

My dad didn't really have an age limit in terms of movies. When I was 10 we spent New Years watching The Blair Witch Project and Deep Blue Sea.

Also, introduced me to Dusk Til Dawn at a young age.

The first art house movie he showed me at 15 was Last Tango In Paris.

I think that's right parenting.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
At least you got feedback :P

Man Canadian mumblecore films are sooooo boring.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011

Jenny Angel posted:

Hey man I poo poo all over your script, don't sell me short

Really?! I didn't get anything haha

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Good to expose yourself, the industry and well the world is tough and brutal, so getting a thick skin earlier is good.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011

Jenny Angel posted:

You were the short about the guy who lost his wife in a suitcase right? Cause if so I definitely wrote like a page or two worth of critique on that and you responded. I guess I didn't make it clear that it was me in that email, but none of the paragraphs in it had punctuation at the end of them and if you can't keep track of my minor typing gimmick then that's your fault imo

O shoot you did, sorry about that! We fixed a bunch of that. If you wanted to read the new grammatically corrected screenplay, please let me know.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
My pseudo godfather essentially called my last project a piece of poo poo and not very good and yea I have had enough failures in my life for things not to really effect me.

So yea kill me D:. Just want this script to be good, cause we are going to invest a lot into it.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011

Egbert Souse posted:

Did he say YOU CAN ACT LIKE A MAN?

I read your script and it was good. It's more of a vignette as it is, but I like where it's going.

Thank you. In the latest drafts we added more connective strands to make it work, so hopefully that' fixes the vignetteness. The hardest part will be casting non union 40-65 is tricky to find.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011

Jenny Angel posted:

Yo I've only read the first page of the new script so far but it's quite good now and really draws me in. It's looking like a major improvement that you should be 100% very proud of

Thank you!

More or less trying to figure out how to balance the more comedic elements and not look like we are making fun or light of their scenario.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011

K. Waste posted:

Yo, Hidden Figures and Operation Avalanche make a surprisingly good 2016 moon movie double feature.

I do like that Matt Johnson is going against the grain and criticizing the boring mumblecore nothing happens fetish. Also, was in a couple classes with him, cooooooooool dude.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Can't wait for The Man in the High Castle on Ice.

New Series of Unfortunate Events is OK, nothing amazing *shrug*

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
At this point I am more shocked that a white person isn't racist.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Stay woke, go support less racist creators?

It's not hard, well a little hard.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Hey CP send it to me: daumounkhakpour@gmail.com, I will read itttttttttt

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Yea film school is not harsh at all. You create a strange bubble where you don't want to offend anyone unless you want to fall out of the social hierarchy. Then egos become inflated cause you become the artsy one or the funny one etc... and it causes stagnation.

But wrapping cables are loving hardddddddddddddddd.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

To speak of genuinely unearned harshness, one of my first days on the job involved seeing a lighting director explode on a stagehand, who couldn't have been more than 20, for elbow-wrapping a DMX cable. Dude went so hard that the hand ended up leaving early because they were so shell shocked that they couldn't do much of anything.

Yea hence why my options leaving film school was either slave around on sets like this and maybe potentially work up the later or start a small production company and do corporate. I went with corporate. Also, have motor skill problems so it compounds with my issues in regards to wrapping cables.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
The composition and angles of Orson Welles Othello is so loving good.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
That entire funeral procession and the bath house murder....yea I want to shoot like that.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Pre-production is loving nerve wracking. Finding an airport is so loving hard.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
XXX 3 is just a shameless trashy rip off of Fast and The Furious cinematic universe. Still more enjoyable then Rogue One though.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
As a minority in Canada its terrifying me that this and the alt right is starting to happen up here too.

But yea whitesplaining to me why we have to worry and sympathize with them is insane. Its like white dudes to say separate the art and the artist. Harder if they are a rapist and they are a woman, or homophobic if your gay etc....

How many people have punched Nazis in the face today/this week?

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Makes sense. What dumb thing has Trump done yet? Out of the loop.

In somewhat good news managed to find and book a bathroom and stage for the infomercial. Also, got a lead on an airport.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Keeping seeing stuff about Spicer? Odd a white dude has a name like that when he probably cooks his steak well done and covers it in salt.

Somehow in our crew we managed to secure like one maybe two white males, which you know film is near impossible.

It sure is going to be interesting.

trying to mimic this is as a developing world airport bathroom

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
O golly.

Can I ask which state and cities you fine folk live in?

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
We can swap you with one of them.

I wanted to travel more to the states in the New Year, well before Trump was elected. Now well...ehh....

Atlanta seems like it would be fun though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011

Hat Thoughts posted:

California's fine, im not saying its good, its fine tho

At least you are getting rain though.

If my wildest dreams come true then I will be in Oakland and Chicago late late this year. Take me to your local haunts. DOP seems like the script enough she is letting us use her c100 free of charge.

• Locked thread