Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

A lot of people are really upset that other people enjoyed Rogue One.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

K. Waste posted:

I would really love it if CeltPred could record some Rick-and-Morty repertoire, except between SMG posts and whoever the poor bastard it is arguing with him.

That could be arranged.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Gareth Edwards does some weird but unique character development stuff. It's almost entirely visual and mostly subtle but it's there and I like it. Rogue One is a lot better on a second watch.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It's just baffling to me that saying "Id like to watch the original versions of the films I enjoy" becomes this insane statement that doesn't make sense.

I honestly do not get it.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I have them. But I just don't get why people think saying that is so ridiculous.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Hat Thoughts posted:

why ask for something you've already got?

Because I want to own the real thing, not a pretty good bootleg.

This also applies to The Warriors as well unless they're making a regular cut version on Blu Ray.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Hat Thoughts posted:

At a point though, what's the difference? If something is functionally identical to the original who cares.

I care.

Because I enjoy owning and watching Blu Rays and would like to do the same with every film I have ever enjoyed.

A file on my computer is not a Blu Ray.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I want all the special features too.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I'd get it.

Honestly why is this request such an awful insane thing? Is my question? I didn't buy The Thing until Shout Factory put out theirs. I would've still kept waiting until a real good version of the film existed. And it one day would've because almost every film has a shot at being upgraded. It's not guaranteed.

Like I doubt Invader Zim will ever get a Blu Ray release, but I mean, it's possible.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It's kind of more the principal of the thing. You know?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Hat Thoughts posted:

Not rly haha, you want there to be acknowledgement from Disney that the films have been edited & that the original versions have value that's been lessened by and/or distinct from the later special editions?

I want to buy the films in a manner that is similar to every other film out there. If there's other versions they will be included.

Christ.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I think the theatrical version of BvS is complete garbage and the extended is miles better, but it wouldn't be fair to those that prefer the original if they didn't release it. I know that a few of you here dig the theatrical more so than the extended.

Having both versions is neat.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The only issue I have is, Rick is too good of a character to represent SMG.

But perhaps tomorrow. Tis my day off.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

What the hell is wrong with Asa Butterfield in the Miss Peregrines.

He has zero emotion in every line. It's kinda funny, honestly.

I mean his character has mental health issues, but I'm not sure if he's doing a character thing or just bad at acting.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

wyoming posted:

There was nothing good about that.

Rude.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Death By The Blues posted:

Has anyone here actually confronted somebody in a movie theatre before? Or is it more of a "that happened" scenario.

I asked this kid, nicely to turn off his cell phone, and he said "Oh, okay, sorry."

But then the girls with him turned around and yelled "Shut the gently caress up and watch your dumb TV show". So my buddy kicked their chair.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Scanners is mostly great. That main guy is a pain to watch, though. But it's a testament to the film that I'll still watch it all the way through because everything else is so great. Especially Ironside.

To contrast with Miss Peregrines where as soon as Eva Green dipped out, I stopped the film. I've seen some of Hugo, I know Asa ain't that bad, but Christ almighty!

I still haven't finished it. I don't give a gently caress what happens with Jake and his weird X-Mens.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Can't stop watching always sunny. I had a plan to watch Godzilla movies but this loving show keeps sucking me in again and again.

Frank is the best.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I just finished the one where Frank goes back to his business.

Fuckin Dennis getting off is amazing.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Also I want to remake Without Warning. I love a lot about that movie but I kinda wish it was scarier.

You know? That Alien is kinda freaky. RIP Kevin Peter Hall.

Edit, also if anyone wants to see my Alien abduction movie PM me and I will send it to you. I want some opinions on it. Honest raw opinions.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I hate all Hellraisers past 2. IMO the worst horror franchise of all time.

Franchise only though. The original is a masterpiece.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I got two. They Live, but set in Fox News starring Adam Scott. The glasses and the Aliens would pretty much be the only thing from the original.

And Without Warning. Same Alien, different movie. Scarier, less slashers, more like Green Room with an Alien. Not sure about those little starfish things, though.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Samuel Clemens posted:

I don't know about remake, but I'd kind of like to see a different cut of The Lone Ranger because parts of the film veer so close to greatness.

I want to see a version where Johnny Depp is removed entirely.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I hate Armond White. He's an insincere contrarian. Hate that poo poo.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The only good thing in that movie is the finale and that shot of the witch. I know people hate it for good reasons, but I thought that one second was really well done.

Honestly I'd rather it have been a original film.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I watched Godzilla Vs Mothra. It was kinda cool. I like the themes, and the effects, but I feel like these movies might work better if I grew up with them? Maybe?

I really loved Gojira though. But maybe it was the more serious tone that sucked me in.

Next is Ghidrah The Three Headed Monster, so we'll see! Working my way up to Shin Godzilla a bit.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Hence my dislike for both.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It's funny when Rob Mcelhenney does black face. It's not funny when Fallon does black face:

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

'Zacly.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Kimmel always feels like he doesn't want to be there, or his really stoned.

I like Conan, but I don't watch late night shows anymore because they are poo poo.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Coffee And Pie posted:

Same except ever since I turned into a grownup I'm a sleepy boy all the time.

I think this is happening to me too because I can't stay up past midnight any more and I am scared. I actually just woke up, and now it's 4 in the morning.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Coffee And Pie posted:

Jesus. Good thing nobody knows my real name is Mike.

oh poo poo same.

someone put me in witness protection. the larry the cable guy one.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

K. Waste posted:

Operation Avalanche rules.

Ehhh. I thought it was really weak. The only interesting scene was the car chase. I also wish they made it more authentic. I didn't care for Apollo 18, but I enjoyed the aesthetics of that one.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

Man this new Blair Witch movie is a huge piece of poo poo

I think I liked it at first because I love Wingard so much. But uh...in retrospect it's not good.

Still like the final scene and the witch reveal. Would've owned more if it wasn't a Blair Witch movie.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I thought Hulk killed the all caps thing

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The site is better now since Devin got fired. Hulk's stopped with the caplocks for his articles too.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I like him mostly because his pieces are mostly about structure, character, and kind of just general film 101 stuff but through a slightly more cerebral lens.

Something I can grasp unlike, anything written by SMG. I guess he's not for everyone, but he's helped me in writing scripts and what not.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

You know that film crit hulk is Devin Faraci right

no?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Why not?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Skwirl posted:

Someone who's whole gimmick is declaritive statements in CAPSLOCK isn't a good writing coach.

Given your interest in screen writing your hatred of SMG makes a bit more sense, he almost never talks about the screenplay of a film, he looks more at cinematography, editing, direction, and when he's casting shade on Avengers, the blocking.

That's not so much my issue with him, as is his whole style of readings. I'll be honest, politics in general just don't interest me that much. Sometimes they do, but on a whole, ehhh. I'd rather read someone break down films in the way Hulk does, where he talks about film techniques and why they work, and why they don't.

SMG saying Hulk is an "unwoke Plinkett" is pretty much what I like about Hulk's stuff. I'd rather listen to a Plinkett than a Armond White. I'll get something out of Plinkett that will help me in the long run when it comes to making my own stuff.

Which is what Hulk helped me with, with his screen play book.

Like half the reason I watch films is to learn something about making them, or crafting stories. It's just what I'm into.

• Locked thread