Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 237 days!
Where can I find SMG talking about Sonic, and who would be dumb enough to shut down a comedy spigot like that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 237 days!
Honestly, that's pretty tame take on the madness that is Sonic fandom. Did he bring the Sonic aspect up out of the blue or something?

Also Sonic achieves satisfaction by running at breakneck speed through a DMT trip. But not even 99% of Sonic devs grok this.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 237 days!

Toebone posted:

Everyone is their avatar, thus SMG's voice is that of Richard Attenborough with a wiggly blue dong on his head.

Probably a good $100 was wasted trying to shame SMG with red text and avatars, when that avatar told you everything you needed to know.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 237 days!

Toebone posted:

Everyone is their avatar, thus SMG's voice is that of Richard Attenborough with a wiggly blue dong on his head.

Now I'm curious as to what Coyote sounds like in your head.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 237 days!

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

What's my posting voice

Cassidy from Preacher.

Not the TV series just how I read his voice in the GN.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 237 days!
Oddly enough, my last movie of 2016 was Bad Santa 2.

Still haven't picked a first for 2017 yet.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 237 days!

I approve of baked Anakin :420:

e: judging by those knuckles, he's also pretty deadly without the lightsaber.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 237 days!
Tbf at this point I hear "wretched hive of scum and villiany" and feel like I'm finally going to get some good drugs.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 237 days!

Anonymous Robot posted:

One of my correspondents is a good-natured sweetheart that's dying to see the Assassin's Creed movie and is in a jailhouse dnd campaign and the other is a dark as gently caress murderer who lays around listening to outlaw country and thinking about the apocalypse.

So basically prison makes you a nerd, of a flavour suited to your character?

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 237 days!

Anonymous Robot posted:

Piss off, I'm maintaining a relationship with the both of them.

No nerds around here. No sir.

I rolled a d20 and the encounter table clearly indicates no nerds present.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 237 days!

Egbert Souse posted:

The only notable thing I've contributed to the Internet is making this GIF about ten years ago:

I see this one a lot so you did good, kid.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 237 days!

wyoming posted:

I don't even think he posts anymore, but i always love when goons get bent out of shape over 50 foot Ant.
Dude told stories about ghosts in Siberia and was met with "I don't think this guy is telling the truth."
Then eventually they'd whine their terrible story was being ignored, so clearly he ruined every thread.

This is why the current incarnation of the ghost story threads, Reddit's /nosleep, has a rule that "everything is true here even if it isn't."

Literally the only part of Reddit I read with any regularity.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 237 days!

FreudianSlippers posted:

Dox them back. Find out where they live. Raise a wooden pole in front of their door and carve a curse into it, preferably in Fuşark. Sacrifice a horse and place it's head on top of the pole facing towards the door.

Seed the internet with hints that you are secretly Batman.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 237 days!

Coffee And Pie posted:

Jesus. Good thing nobody knows my real name is Mike.

They'll never discover that my real name is Rumpelstiltskin Dumbledore Jabberwocky :sweatdrop:

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 237 days!

Lil Mama Im Sorry posted:

Goldengate is beautiful

Pisstakes were made.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 237 days!

glam rock hamhock posted:

At least pissgate shouldn't hurt Trump with the GOP because they're all about the trickle down.

Hillary must be so mad this didn't leak during the election. She must be pissed.

:rimshot:

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 237 days!

Jack Gladney posted:

On the same night Obama delivers an eloquent farewell address about reaching the full height of human potential, a war veteran mocked by Trump for being tortured as a prisoner of war leaks a story of urine and prostitutes.

I want to believe. What is happening? What happened to us? What happened to the American dream?

You're pissing it away to satisfy Trump's humiliation fetishization on a scale previously unimaginable :munch:

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 237 days!

Well, she's a goon in spirit at least.

We can only pray that her generation transcends the need for this dead gay forum.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 237 days!

therattle posted:

The awful part is that they are all monstrous, just in different ways.

Ryan is the sort of monster who would get savaged by a Barry Sanders.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 237 days!
You know, I've watched some acutely unpleasant videos in the name of not shying away from the reality of key moments of history. The Nick Berg beheading, the leaked execution video of Saddam Hussein, etc. Now I face the possibility of forcing myself to face the full horror of a President Trump piss video.

Like, not the whole thing obviously. At least executions are relatively brief.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 237 days!

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

I didn't know about the Cleveland Show thing, but his stint on Louie probably makes up for it.

I'm wondering how they could mess that premise up, and I have the feeling that the answers are obvious and that I still don't want to know.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 237 days!
I technically could have watched some pretty heavy movies as a kid. I recall deciding that Jacob's Ladder might be too much for me at 7 when a housemate was going to watch it. Probably a good call?

I think I watched The Rapture (1991) at about 11 and by then it just couldn't out-weird the poo poo I read on a regular basis.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 237 days!

Egbert Souse posted:

If it helps any, this vignette has inspired me to write a scene in my screenplay of two characters arguing over a script.

My horror comedy keeps drifting into Seinfeld territory.

The killer overhears them and then brilliantly subverts their kills.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 237 days!

Slugworth posted:

It just feels like a missed opportunity to not also have him do meth the whole time.

Ice on ice on ice.

Co-starting Heisenberg Blue.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 237 days!

The title is funny because it describes capitalism and not his precious franchise being "sold out" or whatever.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 237 days!

Stage 1: Final Fantasy (needs more jPop in the source image).
Stage 2: Some sort of humanoid alien.
Stage 3: Terrifying doll-person.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 237 days!

CelticPredator posted:

Also, Shin Godzilla is really cool but my only complaint is I wish it was more visceral and body horror-ey all around. So not really a complaint at all.

Good flick. Finally glad I got to watch it.

We need a Kaiju who starts off as a human, so we can recoil from the body horror and then cheer the rampage which follows.

I'm thinking a salaryman becomes Godzilla.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 237 days!

Timby posted:

Of course they are, because God forbid people stop and think two seconds to realize that Manning still has her dishonorable discharge on her record (which most states treat as equivalent to a felony conviction), so it's not like she's walking footloose and fancy free, she just gets out of jail early.

(Granted, getting out of jail 28 years early is pretty great for her.)

gently caress, I'm just glad she won't be actively tortured anymore.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 237 days!
My reaction to Cape Fear is basically "yes the rich are just totally powerless against ex-con ubermensch, good job" :geno:

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 237 days!

Lil Mama Im Sorry posted:

if you were asked to perform the inauguration I don't see why you wouldn't just accept and then get up there and whip ur junk out and taunt the commander in chief

Perform "He's Got the Whole World in His Hands" and let the subtext do its thing.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 237 days!
I'm Female Enablers.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 237 days!
I'm also confused. Little monsters have to obey Jesus, but not big ones?

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 237 days!
I'm all about allowing non-violent resistance to Nazis.

You can be like my maternal grandfather who was a pacifist who built bridges so that other people could kill the Nazis.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 237 days!

Egbert Souse posted:

The overall problem is the lack of empathy. It's exactly why a sociopath became the President.

It's the overall refusal or inability to be able to look at any perspective other than your own.

Yeah. But while I'm on board with actual minorities not having the patience to empathize with soft Trump supporters, I feel like those of us who are white straight cis dudes are being self-indulgent by not engaging and actually making a case.

Not that we are as bad as them, but we are easily everything we accuse Clinton of.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 237 days!

Death By The Blues posted:

As a minority in Canada its terrifying me that this and the alt right is starting to happen up here too.

But yea whitesplaining to me why we have to worry and sympathize with them is insane. Its like white dudes to say separate the art and the artist. Harder if they are a rapist and they are a woman, or homophobic if your gay etc....

How many people have punched Nazis in the face today/this week?

I'm totally cool with that. What I'm not cool with is people who don't have those worries using your experience as an excuse to feel above having to explain their politics to other white people in the name of moral superiority.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 237 days!

Egbert Souse posted:

He made his inaugural day a national holiday for "patriots" :smugdon:

That one is actually just a one-day thing all Presidents do with a variety of names. It's hard to keep up with all the bullshit smokescreens, but that is one.

What he has done is remove all federal regulations- all of them, not some, all. And made it illegal for states to enforce their own.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 237 days!
https://twitter.com/mattdpearce/status/823584016116817920?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

behold the future

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 237 days!
Didn't MLK hold training sessions to build the discipline it takes to adhere to non-violence? Not responding to violence is hard.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 237 days!

DeimosRising posted:

I believe the Ultimate Evolution is "fuccboi" and it's even more explicitly homophobic, yeah. Rhymes with gently caress toy for a reason. By contrast cuck is more like calling someone male a beta or a bitch. A good three quarters of all English profanity centers on perceived femininity and sexual preference, at least obliquely.

Eh, it also works as a male equivalent of "slut."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 237 days!

glam rock hamhock posted:

There's a bit where the head of the secret police imprisons a maid from Stalin's house so he rape her, and there's also the indication that he'd been keeping Molotov's wife for years for the same reason but that's also probably pretty accurate to reality so it's an odd complaint, assuming that's what the complaint was about.

I guess in general the movie doesn't treat women well but it focuses on awful people that did not treat women well and easing up on that wouldn't really have had a point

There are always a few people who somehow come away from public conversations about racism, sexism, etc, with the message that we should never speak of these things again.

• Locked thread