Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan

Magic Hate Ball posted:

Call for help.

Help isn't coming. *cue evil laughter*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan

Coffee And Pie posted:

I gently caress with the lights on and in my big-rear end Jordans

Obviously. How else can she see the Jordans?

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan

DC Murderverse posted:

i cannot wait until we as a people can just agree to ignore Bill Maher. conservatives hate him, liberals hate him, we should just put him in a little soundproof box where he can use all the racial slurs he wants because no one can hear him, at which point he will die because he requires attention much like a regular human being requires air

Did he do something particularly egregious tonight? Because I've actually been doing a good job of ignoring him lately.

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan

Magic Hate Ball posted:

I think the most important less that we can all learn is that people are bad at heart and will use any situation possible to prove it.

And yet we should love them anyway.

I love you, Magic Hate Ball. I love you, thread.

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan

Taintrunner posted:

I will destroy you, Mecha Gojira!

Why must we hurt the ones we love?!

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan

Don't doxx me, bro.

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan
Thank you for rehabilitating Predators, thread. Rewatched it last night and it was better than I remember.

Though, I think it would've worked better as a movie without dialogue. Feels like every other exchange was some variation of, "What if, like, we're the real Predators, man."

But then we would've missed out on all of the great Walton Goggins bits.

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan

CelticPredator posted:

Predators was an awesome experience in the theater, everyone cheered and clapped during the best kills. Biggest clap was the end of the grass fight.

Best laugh was when Topher Grace got stabbed by Royce, and some guy yelled out "gently caress you Forman!"

Gooood poo poo.

"Yeah....five o'clock....bitch...raping...time.?"

"You shouldn't talk to him." *Walton Goggins just smiles as he looks off at nothing in the distance*

Nothing will beat, "DIE, SPACE human being!" though, as he jumps on a Predator's back to shank it.

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan

Snak posted:

Saw this, thought of Jenny

edit: ^ The movie was made out of the failed pilot.

I've been following that pig for a couple months now on the Facebooks. He's a Good Pig.

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

My question about people who own pet pigs is, what do they do when they get like 300 lbs?

This was one of the sadder parts about the toy pig craze; scammers making a quick buck selling regular pigs as toy breeds and families quickly realizing that they could not handle the enormous animal they wound up with.

Giant pigs can make good pets too, though. They're basically big fat dogs.

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan

Tenzarin posted:

So guy finds a dead predator and steals his equipment?

Then gets roped into a government conspiracy where he and his autistic son have to help the "Classic" Predators fight the Bigger, Meaner Predators.

Explaining why they're partying in a human APC.

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan

Magic Hate Ball posted:

Predators is anime for people with guns.

Anime is guns for people with Predators.

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

This thread gives a good brief rundown of this kind of thing.

https://twitter.com/samswey/status/865602050209357825

A tweet thread about my home town. This should be good...

Edit: Wait, how do I actually read the thread? All I see are other peoples' replies. Fuckin' Twitter is the worst format, I swear to god...

Double Edit: No idea what I did, but I can see the thread now. Still think Twitter sucks, though.

Mecha Gojira fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Jun 7, 2017

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

When my dad worked at the governors manson as the lead landscaper his entire crew was inmates, and it took a long time for me to realize how supremely hosed up that is

Baton Rouge is amazing for this kind of poo poo. Hell, I think we might still have a statue at the LSU Rural Life Museum called "The Good Darkie." This isn't even getting into the fact that Governor's Mansions and State Legislature are considered to be good prison gigs compared to literally picking cotton in 100 degree weather with 100 percent humidity.

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan

CelticPredator posted:

Fair, but remember Haunted Mansion.

Country Bear Jamboree.

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan
Millenials. Millenials! MILLENIALS!

I'm so angry at [fictional demographic created by marketing firms to describe people born between the years 1980-2000]!

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan

Detective No. 27 posted:

Not VR, but there's a new game coming out where you play as a civilian trying to escape a city while Godzilla and other Toho monsters duke it out.

There was also a VR game where you experience Shin Godzilla as a civilian trapped under rubble before being crushed to death by a giant rock.

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Basbeall is basically just autism with hand eye coordination

This explains why I could never get into baseball.

I have no hand-eye coordination.

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan

X-Ray Pecs posted:

If you want to watch Jurassic World.,just invite me over to your place, we can watch Jurassic Park but I'll flip you off and say "gently caress you" every couple minutes, you can pay me in nachos.

Uhh, this doesn't accurately represent the Jurassic World experience because this actually seems like a rad and cool time.

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan
I think alligators are cool because they are THE conservationist success story. It's hard to believe a couple of decades ago they faced extinction because they're back and everywhere now in the likes of Florida and Louisiana.

Just, you know, watch out if you have small pets or children.

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan

Tenzarin posted:

Bonus round, name the show and the actor from It's always sunny.

Glenn Howerton on the crappy That 70's Show cash-in, That 80's Show!

Because of this, the cast of That 70's Show was trapped in a time warp where they experience 1979 for like six years.

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan
I feel bad for the whippets because everyone is playing with the stupid beetle instead. :(

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan

CelticPredator posted:

Alien does not have a cinematic universe. It just exists in its own universe

Isn't your screen name from the AvP Crossovers?

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan
I don't collect Funko Pop figures because I collect things from franchises that are built specifically around toys and merchandising.

Plus they're ugly as hell.

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

How hype are you for build Goji

I went out and bought a HG Origin Zaku after watching the new 11 minute Build Fighter short. I'll be the first to admit that consumerism works on me. Hard.

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan

Lil Mama Im Sorry posted:

Juggalos fuckin own

woop woop

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

wait is there a new BF series coming?????

i meant Kamen Rider Build wherein a man turns into a tank/rabbit superhero using energy drinks and when he transforms the effects are gunpla sprues that the parts detach from

fah muh lee

Ah, I haven't been caught up on mainline TV Kamen Rider for a while. I just watched through Amazons like a week ago. That one was pretty tight, though in the early 2000's Agito-Faiz era melodramatic kind of way.

And yeah, the first episode of the 11 minute shorts is up on Youtube. It's basically pure fanservice where they have Obari animate hypothetical fights between Gundam characters using whatever model kits they're selling that month.

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan

Lurdiak posted:

How is that already so pixelated.

I figured it has to be an affectation at this point.

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan
Thinking of my home back in the southeast, the Gulf Coast, while I stare up at the smoke-tinted orange sky of the Pacific Northwest.

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan

glam rock hamhock posted:

Has Defunctland been posted here yet? It seems like this thread's poo poo. It cuts to the chase of many of these types of series and just focuses on documenting failed amusement park rides (mostly DIsney). Here's the one on Disney's "didn't want to make it Alien related because that would be too scary but it's still totally Alien related" ride
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGbF_lPWmEI

Also, good you're getting out lil mama. I hope my grandfather gets through this okay.

This is totally my poo poo.

Pump the Body Wars right into my veins. Nostalgia from theme parks as I remember them in the early 90's is pretty strong, and he hits a lot of old favorites.

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan

it's so hot in here...

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Because his character in Split is like a powerful, sleek otter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUhvUqUwQ60

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

the show is a shitzillion times better than the books. I avoided the show for a long time because the books are gently caress-awful but the show is legitimately not bad, and excises most of the worst aspects of GRRM's writing.

Actually, the show is bad too. Especially now that they're in the later seasons.

Pacing is all hosed up because they spent the last several years dicking around accomplishing little-to-nothing story-wise until all of sudden poo poo has to happen because they've only got two seasons left.

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan

K. Waste posted:

Stray thoughts on Valley of Gwangi:

- I really shoulda anticipated this more, but if there's one thing that's making me squirm more than James Franciscus's scumbag ex-boyfriend character is the amount of horsies getting tripped. God dammit, stop tripping the horsies!

- I wish I could have said this about Franciscus's character, but I'm humbled by the recognition that in those pre-Revenant days the only way to show realistic footage of a man being gored by a bull was to literally pay some poor, brave/stupid bastard to actually get gored by a bull.

Hey, how else are you going to establish that the dinosaur is a menacing threat in a cowboy movie than having them knock around horses?

Plus there's the adorable Ray Harryhausen prehistoric horses.

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

We should nationalize toy production but also Santa is personally alright despite being management

The ideas aren't mutually exclusive

Nationalize toy production under the management of Santa? That's hosed up. The elves take control of production themselves and Santa gets the gulag!

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan
The History of Communication, Presented by Bell AT&T Siemens hmm, Spaceship Earth is gonna be hollowed out and turned into Marvel or Pixar themed attraction here pretty soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan
Bankrupt company selling overpriced POS cars "of the future" totally has Tesla written all over it.

• Locked thread