Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.

SorataYuy posted:

Name the son of Forte - Bass.

Don't drop him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

Shei-kun posted:

The child of Forte can only be the Best daughter.

Jade Rider
May 11, 2007

All the pages have been censored except for "heck," and she misread that one.

SorataYuy posted:

Name the son of Forte - Bass.

Only as long as he can get a pet dogwolfmonster named Treble.

GGPCin
Oct 19, 2004
College Slice
How about a daughter named Forberte.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

Hi. I forgot your name. Whatever.
My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
A number of people suggested a girl named Best, and that cyclical nonsense is too good to pass up anyway. We have a winner!

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

It's like they are the farm owning version of Fire Emblem's Anna.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Alternate title: Dragon Beards

ThornBrain fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Aug 22, 2017

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

You have the wrong video linked. It's going to episode 24 and not 26.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Omnicrom posted:

You have the wrong video linked. It's going to episode 24 and not 26.

Woops. Fixed

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015
These are apparently some of the worst soldiers in history.

Well, Leon's kind of entitled... but at least he's willing to accept responsibility too.

That water dragon boss is a major pain, which is not helped when he's resistant to your weapon.

Ethelbird obviously has more than a few screws loose. Also: Doug does his only useful thing in the entire game! Well, except maybe that one time where you were getting the Rune Spheres the first time, but that barely counts.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Pubert takes to the skies for some revenge against the Sechs! Then stuffs his face publicly.

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015
I think the word you're looking for to describe those things on the ground is "tiles."

No, you can not tame tanks. Or those flying turret things, for that matter.

One use for the "garbage" items you can find, such as Weeds, is to just use them to weigh down buttons here. Hey, if you've gotta drop something anyway might as well make it something that has little to no other use, right?

I bet everyone's surprised when the protagonist wins the eating contest, since Porco's a contestant too. I mean, out-eating a member of HIS family is no small accomplishment, and managing to do so without winding up LOOKING like one is just ridiculous.

Recipe Bread+ is probably too much effort to get; fortunately, if you know the recipe (or just have a FAQ on the subject) and have the ingredients then you don't actually need to know how to make stuff in-character.

PBnJamo
Feb 11, 2014
I imagine Porco won every year until they implemented the "toss everything into a ring and make everyone race" ruleset.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I'm still stunned at how far into this game Skippy got, considering how much he despises nearly every character.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

PBnJamo posted:

I imagine Porco won every year until they implemented the "toss everything into a ring and make everyone race" ruleset.

That was my assumption as well. If it was a straight eating contest there's no way he'd ever lose. Making it require traits besides merely having a mouth and a stomach allows lesser mortals a chance to compete. Pity they haven't figured out how to do that for the fishing contests.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Fritz does what frankly I'd do in his situation: brag to hell and back about landing a girl far beyond his league.

Side note: all of Rune Factory 4's footage has now been recorded and edited. The LP is officially 45 parts long. gently caress me, only Ni no Kuni was longer than that if you include the screenshot updates, (and I guess my livestream LP of Pokemon Alpha Sapphire). I don't think Skippy and Yami will make it.

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

I like Raeger..

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
It's me. I'm the one who saw "Magical Girl Outfit" and demanded it be made.

I'm just so happy right now it's everything I imagined. :allears:

Please tell me you can wear it to your wedding with Fritz. Please.

He has to know, once and for all, without a shadow of a doubt, just how much of an incredible nerd Best is. You're getting married to her, Fritz. There's no escaping this rabbit hole.

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Me? Don't worry about me...
Grimey Drawer

Shei-kun posted:

It's me. I'm the one who saw "Magical Girl Outfit" and demanded it be made.

I'm just so happy right now it's everything I imagined. :allears:

Please tell me you can wear it to your wedding with Fritz. Please.

He has to know, once and for all, without a shadow of a doubt, just how much of an incredible nerd Best is. You're getting married to her, Fritz. There's no escaping this rabbit hole.

You're starting to make Best sound like my wife.

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

It's not what it looks like.

RareAcumen posted:

I'm still stunned at how far into this game Skippy got, considering how much he despises nearly every character.

I'm holding out hope that there will be a redemptive moment for at least some of them. There's no way this game can just be the tedious misadventures of a town of self-involved toolboxes.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!

Skippy Granola posted:

I'm holding out hope that there will be a redemptive moment for at least some of them. There's no way this game can just be the tedious misadventures of a town of self-involved toolboxes.
Forte's nice. Also Volkannon.

Most everyone else can go live in the dumpster where they belong, though.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

The world has been waiting for this day.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
Now to see if you can craft the wedding dress and wear it around the farm just to confuse Fritz.

"Heya, Bestie! Wait, was that today?! I thought we already - oh no!"

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

The first year concludes, and the end of the LP is now on the horizon.

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It was the best year

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

The town's collective crotches explode.

Next week we return to RF4 for the end of Act 2, then the week after is SoS's final three updates, and the last week of September is AP's final two updates. It's a month of conclusions.

racerabbit
Sep 8, 2011

"HI, I WANT TO HUG PINS NUTS."
:frolf:
Yes, fondue is still popular. There's a local restaurant called The Melting Pot that supposed to be really good.

I picture Hellhole's babysitting method as being that gif of a penguin smacking another one into an ice hole.

And Yami, you're about 41.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!

ThornBrain posted:

The town's collective crotches explode.

Next week we return to RF4 for the end of Act 2, then the week after is SoS's final three updates, and the last week of September is AP's final two updates. It's a month of conclusions.
The most terrifying thing in that update is that Maya is a mother.

The child is raising a child.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

So I'm finally catching up on these videos and man was HM: AP #25 aptly named. Not for the Animal Parade, I wasn't looking at that but for making me realize that morning radio shock jockey is an LP aesthetic that I am all about.

That was a good loving update. And I say that without even having a screen to look at while it was playing.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

The last two bosses and some secrets before we take on Ethelberd on Friday.

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015
Pretty sure that Sechs Golem is one of the few mobile monsters you are not allowed to tame, boss or otherwise. (Incidentally? I'm pretty sure it's pronounced "zex.")

I kinda prefer the parallel laser to the delta one, specifically because it's more focused. Also, not sure if you guys realize this, but the water spells' main strength is that you can hold the button and the spell will continue until you let go or run out of RP.

As you might expect, the tank can't be tamed either. Actually, I'm pretty sure you can't tame any mechanical enemies, though I'm not sure where golems fit into that.

Arcomage
Nov 10, 2012
It's kind of a pity that despite their fairly liberal use of explosives, nobody ever refers to them as Sechs Bombs that I can recall.

YamiNoSenshi
Jan 19, 2010

Arcomage posted:

It's kind of a pity that despite their fairly liberal use of explosives, nobody ever refers to them as Sechs Bombs that I can recall.

We are here to harvest p-snips and stuff!

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

It's not what it looks like.

CptWedgie posted:

(Incidentally? I'm pretty sure it's pronounced "zex.")

Ok I totally get where you're coming from but still, when a coconut falls at your feet, you eat it

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

CptWedgie posted:

(Incidentally? I'm pretty sure it's pronounced "zex.")

It's almost like that was one of the first things I said in the LP.

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015

Skippy Granola posted:

Ok I totally get where you're coming from but still, when a coconut falls at your feet, you eat it

I dunno, are you sure it's not rotten? :crossarms:

ThornBrain posted:

It's almost like that was one of the first things I said in the LP.

In my defense, there's too much for me to go through to double-check whether you've actually said anything like that.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Thus concludes, slowly, Act 2.
It's an hour long, fair warning. That said, we were firing on all commentary cylinders.

YamiNoSenshi
Jan 19, 2010

ThornBrain posted:

It's an hour long, fair warning. That said, we were firing on all commentary cylinders.

Too bad it was a 2-stroke engine.

YamiNoSenshi fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Sep 18, 2017

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Now that the dumb, dumb story is done, perhaps we can say it's only up from here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015
So... for the record, how much did it cost Yami to replace that keyboard?

I have no idea why Ethelwill turned into a whale...

...and despite how long the video was, there really wasn't much for me to comment on. Except maybe a vague sense of "GET ON WITH IT ALREADY!"

• Locked thread