Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
Dangit, all the bachelorettes have a charm to them!

Come on, Pubert! Make a harem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!

ThornBrain posted:

First day: amazing dork boyfriend already discovered.
I love how the commentary is turning Eda into some sort of dark, seedy black market farmer.

Stay strong, Best! If you ever feel the pull of the underground, just float above it with your pontoon dress.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
My living room is large enough to hold a bear.

However, it wouldn't be holding anything else.

But man, if I could afford to take care of a bear, I'd totally try to have one. From what I've heard from bear trainers, they make amazing drinking buddies.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!

CptWedgie posted:

...though I could at least understand Ventuswill
I just want the option, damnit! Don't tease me like that, game.

You give her a human portrait and don't make her an eligible bachelorette. That's horrible.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!

Commander Keene posted:

"Mommy, Daddy, where do half-dragons come from?"
"When someone falls out of the sky and lands on a dragon..."

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
Soon, Best will be out from "Granny" Eda's iron thumb and be on her way to conquering the entire county with her farm.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
Ffffffffffffffffffffuck you Chloe.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
Name everything "Bob."

Everything.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
What the gently caress, Elise?

That is not how you accept a gift, you ungrateful dick.

I can't wait for Best to own her property.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
Valentine's Day (Feb 14, even in Japan) is the day girls give chocolates to boys (and also girls if they're into that). They have, of course, different tiers of chocolates (because of course they do) that you give depending on the meaning behind it. Obligation chocolates for co-workers and fellow students, a kind for family and friends, and then the kind you give to that special someone.

White Day (March 14) is the day the boys, having supposedly been given something edible a month beforehand, return the favor in kind. Of course, the animes never really give White Day much attention and focus almost entirely on Valentine's Day.

Both of these exist because candy companies in Japan saw what was going on in the USA and thought to themselves, "We could use that mass of revenue from a commercial holiday!" and invented the entire tradition on their own. Kind of like how Coca Cola invented the modern interpretation of Santa Claus, but to a greater extreme.

So, yes, Best should "traditionally" give stuff (see: chocolate) to everyone on Valentine's Day and she should be swarmed with reciprocal gifts a month later. Clearly this doesn't happen. Everyone's slacking. Best is trying, damnit! A fish is a good substitute for chocolate, right?

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!

ThornBrain posted:

An adapted Japanese festival and a jerk. Must be a late Christmas. And a late update because I forgot to upload it early for my patrons.
The second video link is to the 7-2 additional dialogue on Youtube.

Also, I like Lin Fa and Xiao Pai's perspective on literal demon customers. "If they pay and don't cause trouble, they're fine."

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
The only vote worth making for Pubert is Forte.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
I always thought that sweet potatoes and yams were different plants.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
Okay, Elise. You don't have to like fish.

But they're damned tasty and I like them on my plate, and they also sell for good money, so Best is going to keep grabbing them with her bare hands and toting them around in her dress on a daily basis.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
I'm actually enjoying Forte's denial of ghosts when there's one literally in front of her and talking to her.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
I love how many Granolas there are in each episode.

I'm not too fond of him rooting through my garbage, though. Such a mess!

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
To answer Skippy's question at the end of the second video, if I was a monster I'd be a basement gremlin.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
I'm genuinely glad the game doesn't try to make the witch and wizard out as romantic interests to one another.

The witch just hates him.

Also, that was a sick burn by the wizard when she accused him of leaving her as a frog to teach her a lesson.

"Did it work?"

:allears:

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!

ThornBrain posted:

Bit of a delay in recording these, but at least AP is technically on time. :v:

We begin the Fall in SoS and meet some new adorable friends, and we complete the main story in AP and meet someone I won't talk to very much.
Don't think I didn't see that "Magical Girl Costume" clothing option in Story of Seasons.

We're making that for Best, right?

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!

ThornBrain posted:

I think I meant to point that out, but I will try my damnedest to make that outfit.
You are going to make so many people happy :allears:

Also, as for the sandwich marriage, I'd go with a grilled ham & cheese with tomato soup.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
Goddamn, Amber shut down Pubert hard.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
Skippy Granola cooing over each and every animal in the games is an absolute delight.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
I like how you all decided that not only does Ventuswill make the poops, but Volkannon launches her poops into the sky in a constant barrage upon that land.

Also, Pubert totally missed an opportunity to be an absolute goober when he asked if Forte was hot under all that armor.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!

ThornBrain posted:

Best's relationship with the Wizard, as well as everyone else's relationships, are picking up. It, among other things, will come to head next week when we wrap up Fall.
Okay, the Wizard romance is both adorkable and hilarious. SUCH A FORMAL BOY.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!

CptWedgie posted:

...Did Xiao Pai just imply that she KNITTED a Chinese Manju?
Yes, yes she did.

Her talents are very impressive.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
The child of Forte can only be the Best daughter.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
It's me. I'm the one who saw "Magical Girl Outfit" and demanded it be made.

I'm just so happy right now it's everything I imagined. :allears:

Please tell me you can wear it to your wedding with Fritz. Please.

He has to know, once and for all, without a shadow of a doubt, just how much of an incredible nerd Best is. You're getting married to her, Fritz. There's no escaping this rabbit hole.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!

Skippy Granola posted:

I'm holding out hope that there will be a redemptive moment for at least some of them. There's no way this game can just be the tedious misadventures of a town of self-involved toolboxes.
Forte's nice. Also Volkannon.

Most everyone else can go live in the dumpster where they belong, though.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
Now to see if you can craft the wedding dress and wear it around the farm just to confuse Fritz.

"Heya, Bestie! Wait, was that today?! I thought we already - oh no!"

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!

ThornBrain posted:

The town's collective crotches explode.

Next week we return to RF4 for the end of Act 2, then the week after is SoS's final three updates, and the last week of September is AP's final two updates. It's a month of conclusions.
The most terrifying thing in that update is that Maya is a mother.

The child is raising a child.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
So, Blast turned one, got two gigantic tubs of ice cream, and managed not to live up to her namesake and explode.

Gale is not a very good wizard dad. Teach her magic already.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
I can't believe Best abandoned her child to the whims of the gods and all she sent Blast with was a can of homemade 5 hour energy drink.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
Skippy Granola was summoned from the Cutie Dimension by a dark cabal of hamsters for the express purpose of using him to obtain blueberries.

Hamsters aren't very smart.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
Feeding one another is both showing care and letting down your guard to show trust. It's a fairly intimate act in the correct mood.

But pretending to feed someone and then eating it is just a dick move, Pubert.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!

YamiNoSenshi posted:

That was their first date. First. Date.
And Pubert's already being a butt.

Things aren't looking up.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
In the course of a year, Pubert:

Fell off an airship and lost his goddamn (selective) memories.
Saved four people from horrible fates.
Became a millionaire through his own farming and hunting skills.
Became besties with an entire town.
Became a master blacksmith, craftsman, cook, tailor, and potion maker from not knowing his hands from his own rear end.
Defeated an evil empire.
Got a girlfriend.
Grew literal dungeons in his garden.
Proceeded to dominate all the festivals and contests.
Tamed more than one loving dragon and made them cooperate with one another.
Went to hell and beat up everything in it to find the soul of a veritable deity and give it form again.
Succeeded in giving it form again.

Sweet Googly Jesus Pubert.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!

ThornBrain posted:

Going in the OP.
I'm glad my freakout amused you.

Brunom1 posted:

Is this a game or did you just list the twelve tasks of Anime Hercules?
Have you seen the levels of anime bullshit Pubert has performed in the LP?

EDIT: I just noticed I listed exactly twelve things. This was not intentional but I choose to be proud of it anyway.

Shei-kun fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Nov 3, 2017

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
My god I loved Forte's reaction to the "oooooooh, dirty" reply.

She doesn't even make an angry face. She just points her sword at you.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
Oh god the female model I thought she just had twintails

why does she have nipple chains

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
PLEASE tell me you can equip Best with weapons and armor and take her with you on adventures.

The family that slays together stays together.

• Locked thread