Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

AltaBrown posted:

The infernal RNG is why I could never marry Margaret, and then finally gave up on the game. I was pretty much done with it, except for that.

There is a way to quickly cycle the RNG, and it lets you get the right event relatively quickly. Minor game mechanics spoilers below.

Once you have enough friendship with a villager, you can invite them into your party and they stay in your party overnight if you sleep. Play through the game and check every morning until an event starts (this step may be unnecessary, but it's what I did). Reload before the event starts and invite the villagers involved in the event you want to trigger into your party. Sleep, and if they don't leave your party, reload. If they do leave your party, it's because they're involved in an event that just popped up, so check the events to see if it's the event you want. It's not as good as if the events weren't RNG in the first place, but it's an easy way to quickly cycle until the event fires and you can usually trigger the event you want within 10-20 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

ThornBrain posted:

gently caress you, Elise, multiple times. Also don't talk to me, Klaus.

Amusingly, I found the # of items shipped to be easiest to win. Just grow a bunch of fodder (as you mentioned, shipping it counts towards unlocks after you've dried it), and keep it all on hand until you need to nuke a contest to win. It's not really worth anything, so you're not losing any money, and all it costs is the stamina to reap each day, which isn't all that much.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

CptWedgie posted:

Kind-of exploit here, but more of a convenience: If you upgrade a piece of equipment with a Magnifying Glass, that equipment acquires its effects, so you won't have to switch to it all the time to check on your fields. Personally, I'd put it on the hoe or watering can, though I've read about someone who put it on a spare helmet.

This isn't an exploit - it's an intended game mechanic that random NPC dialogue can clue you in on.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

CptWedgie posted:

The Fireflowers are, unfortunately, not the kind seen in the Mario series. Ah well, not like you have any trouble throwing fireballs around anyway.

No, RF4 is the first (and, thus far, only) Rune Factory game that allows you to tame bosses. Considering how thoroughly they tend to annihilate enemies when you do so, I don't blame them for not allowing you to do so before.

Marionetta might just be bad in that area because her attacks are probably Dark-element (which, logically, would be pretty close to useless in a haunted house). I could be mistaken, though.

It's not a real Mountain Axe unless you make it out of real mountains. :colbert:

Actually, I think people liking Cooking Bread (which, incidentally, includes all forms of recipe bread, not just Cooking) would indicate they DISLIKE learning- otherwise why would they take a shortcut?

...That event's pretty stupid. I mean, how did the rumors get so ridiculous?! You'd think at least ONE person would have the sense to realize "wait, this doesn't sound legit."

I like Ambrosia as a pet because those waves heal her while simultaneously UTTERLY DESTROYING any enemies in the vicinity. She is, obviously, a lot better if you level her up first. Also: I tend to make a point of taming one (or two, if I can manage it) extremely quickly (as in, before the end of the second week). At the very least, bringing two copies of her (appropriately leveled, of course) utterly stomps the Buddy Battle.

Marionetta is amazing if you ride it and then spam the card shotgun attack (X button?). The big problem with it is that you can't leave it to its own devices or it'll trap enemies in a box and they can't die until the animation ends.

• Locked thread