Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Is it the one Sentai Filmworks did or the one that supposedly Crunchy is doing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

hopeandjoy posted:

Is it the one Sentai Filmworks did or the one that supposedly Crunchy is doing?

from what I hear, Ocean is doing it, but it has crunchyroll's backing so i guess its that.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-981505/gintama-3-dub-comes-to-crunchyroll

I'm watching it, and it's OK (?) it's just weird hearing Gintama dubbed at all I can't really judge it properly

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

It's bad

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

They should have localized it to take place in LA

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
I can't believe they're writing Gintoki out of the show.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Mordja posted:

I hope OP is permabanned to keep up the tradition.

Post the sexy doujins OP

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I liked how the OP had the fat guy in it instead for the flashback moments in it.

Also I've been watching a lot of the dub on Crunchyroll. Once you get past the fact that it's a dub of Gintama, and the voices aren't going to be the same level as the original, it's actually pretty good to watch. It's very interesting to listen to the show without having to read subtitles and still get the jokes. The jokes that aren't totally Japanese translate fine and when you get used to the new voices it's like watching it again for the first time.

The voice for Gintoki is far from perfect, but it gets better the more I hear it. Shinpachi's voice is pretty good, but it doesn't really quite get to the same level of absurd reactions that the original one does, which hopefully will change over time if they get more comfortable with it. Kagura's I'm still not sure I like, but she's a really hard character to dub, and what they're going for with it works out well enough. I'm not gonna rate everyone (but i could) but special mentions to Hijikata's VA for having pretty much two completely different voices for the character, which is hilarious, and Sakamoto's for totally nailing his laugh. The guy sounds exactly like him, but in english. I haven't heard much of Kondo's yet but I'm watching the cockroach episode and his delivery is not very good so I don't have high hopes.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Some set shots from the live action movie filming: http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2017/03/23/natalie-goes-behind-the-scenes-with-gintama-movie-set-report

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

I stopped watching around episode 230 or something but I recently restarted watching Gintama. Is it true the shinsengumi are no more? Those were my favorite characters in the show but I will still keep watching because this show is amazing.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Ulio posted:

I stopped watching around episode 230 or something but I recently restarted watching Gintama. Is it true the shinsengumi are no more? Those were my favorite characters in the show but I will still keep watching because this show is amazing.

Nah, even when they left, it was obvious from the context it'd only be for a little while.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I hear that after tomorrow gintama is just gonna be reruns for a while :(

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

Arc's over

Time to sit through reruns (that I'm sure Crunchy is gonna air anyways). Maybe they'll animate the missing chapters in the interim. Would love to see Love Potion in not-potato-DVD quality :v:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I hope we see the glasses arc animated someday, it's stupid in the best ways.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Whoa, not a single BG-only scene this season...

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

There was one at the end of the episode, actually, but they cut it off from the CR episode. They talked about the reruns and had the LA cast drop by for a small voice-over.

Most likely CR cut it off because they're not doing the reruns (or maybe they can't show Ogurin for Reasons)

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
I can't believe this injustice.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Electric Phantasm posted:

I hope we see the glasses arc animated someday, it's stupid in the best ways.

i want the hasegawa chapter with the sniper

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

Strange Quark posted:

I can't believe this injustice.

woop

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Lol and I just downloaded the raw two hours ago. Good poo poo.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Holy poo poo, you guys: The Gintama anime has been running for 11 years. 11 Years of dick and vag jokes, poop jokes, pop-culture references, blatant rip-offs, idiocy, heartwarming moments and some instances where I honestly thought "HOLY poo poo, THE SHOW ABOUT DICK JOKES IS MAKING ME TEAR UP".

Doggone, I'm gonna miss you, Gintama. You and your penchant for gross-out humor and hairy places.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Beautiful

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Here's the new OP (too loving cute) and ED for the reruns:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryj4C2Jd0xw

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

don't swear

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Strange Quark posted:

Here's the new OP (too loving cute) and ED for the reruns:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryj4C2Jd0xw
Is Gintoki doing that pose a reference to the 1st Volume Cover at about 1:22? :kimchi:

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

Give this a watch, if you're kind of curious about what kind of goobers are behind the live action movie.

I could watch Jiro and Muro read the white pages. Those dudes are great. :allears:

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

Poster and trailer revealed for the live action movie

https://twitter.com/gintama_film/status/856236241280409600

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Part of me hopes that the Shinsengumi get as much screen time here as they did in the other movie.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Ignis posted:

Poster and trailer revealed for the live action movie

https://twitter.com/gintama_film/status/856236241280409600

Is that a Dumb Old Retarded Kook Fumihiko Tachiki?

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

Yes, that is him as the narrator

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Gintama is coming back in October for the fall season. Also, apparently they are going to adapt the manga chapters before the shogun assassination arc that they skipped.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

The movie's actors all look as close as you could get to the original characters but Kondo's is loving off.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

I'm glad I'm not the only one bothered by kondo's casting.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Isn't the manga ending soon-ish, as well?

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

been ending soon for 10 years now

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

littleorv posted:

been ending soon for 10 years now

has it just been serious arcs since the shogun assassination arc? how often do new chapters come out?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
It's in WSJ, so I'm guessing that, unless he's like Oda (who takes a week off every month and whole month off after an arc is over, if I don't misremember) or Togashi (who has to at least pump enough chapters to get a volume out every year), Sorachi has to keep pumping chapters out on a weekly basis, more or less. I stopped following the manga after Gintama° (the season that started on April 8, 2015 and Finished on March 30, 2016) started airing, but I heard that the "Final" Arc started around July 2016.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Yeah, new chapters weekly. He took a few week break once but this arc is just really really long.

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

In addition to the live action movie, the production filmed an adaption of Mitsuba's arc as a web series, hosted on japanese streaming site dTV. It's split on three episodes (rather, two and a half because gotta bait for subscriptions guys). First episode is free to watch on youtube, region free. No subtitles ofc but it might be of interest to some.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqOUwKSFqIA

It begins with some friendly banter between Murotsuyoshi (Gengai), director Fukuda (Elizabeth in this short), and Jiro motherfucking Sato (Takechi Henpeita). You can skip to minute 5:12 if you'd rather watch the episode.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7pMqq26DLg

There's a new Gintama game coming out and I have no idea what it actually is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

The Gintama-est thing to do would be a reskin of a DBZ fighting game with unchanged movesets, and all voice acting recorded over the course of a single afternoon. Only one take allowed per line.