Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

My favorite little thing about the Gintama anime, to date: Kintoki, the robot duplicate who was designed to be Gintoki's superior replacement who did everything perfectly? Same voice actor as Shiba Tatsuya, the Protagonist Who Could Do No Wrong from the justly infamous Mahouka.

I mean, I can't prove he was cast as a stealth burn on Mahouka, but it wouldn't be the first time they used the choice of voice actors to set up a gag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

z0glin Warchief posted:

I'm pretty sure Mahouka came after his role as Kintoki (2012 v 2014).
Rats! But I shall always treasure it in my 'industry insider joke headcanon'

Still you have stuff like casting Juubei's monkey with the same VA as Onihime from Sket Dance, which was 100% intentional. (Which we know because they mentioned it in the crossover episode.)

In conclusion, Gintama is funny, cool and good. Thank you.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

The Gintama-est thing to do would be a reskin of a DBZ fighting game with unchanged movesets, and all voice acting recorded over the course of a single afternoon. Only one take allowed per line.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Is that any good? I expect to have a Gintama-shaped hole in my heart in the next couple months, and I could use something to fill the gap.