Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

So.. it's finally here. The final chapter.... of the Gintama anime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

So, will this run of the anime be the end of Gintama for real? Is the manga still going, or is it approaching an end that can line up with the anime before they need to take another break

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

the cool ramen shop girl who Katsura has a crush on has another arc in the manga but now that will never be animated :(

it's a shame there's some good stuff in the manga that probably can't make it in the anime because of where they left off.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

i thought this was showing at 11:30 est but its PST, poo poo

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I hope that somehow Shoyo turning out to be some kind of immortal guy doesn't cheapen the fact that Gintoki killed him.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

it's not Katsura... It's Zura! :aaaaa:

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I don't know how else to say this, or if I even believe it yet even though I'm watching it, but the motherfuckin' Gintama dub from canada we all forgot about is finally here, and it's on Crunchyroll

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

hopeandjoy posted:

Is it the one Sentai Filmworks did or the one that supposedly Crunchy is doing?

from what I hear, Ocean is doing it, but it has crunchyroll's backing so i guess its that.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-981505/gintama-3-dub-comes-to-crunchyroll

I'm watching it, and it's OK (?) it's just weird hearing Gintama dubbed at all I can't really judge it properly

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

They should have localized it to take place in LA

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I liked how the OP had the fat guy in it instead for the flashback moments in it.

Also I've been watching a lot of the dub on Crunchyroll. Once you get past the fact that it's a dub of Gintama, and the voices aren't going to be the same level as the original, it's actually pretty good to watch. It's very interesting to listen to the show without having to read subtitles and still get the jokes. The jokes that aren't totally Japanese translate fine and when you get used to the new voices it's like watching it again for the first time.

The voice for Gintoki is far from perfect, but it gets better the more I hear it. Shinpachi's voice is pretty good, but it doesn't really quite get to the same level of absurd reactions that the original one does, which hopefully will change over time if they get more comfortable with it. Kagura's I'm still not sure I like, but she's a really hard character to dub, and what they're going for with it works out well enough. I'm not gonna rate everyone (but i could) but special mentions to Hijikata's VA for having pretty much two completely different voices for the character, which is hilarious, and Sakamoto's for totally nailing his laugh. The guy sounds exactly like him, but in english. I haven't heard much of Kondo's yet but I'm watching the cockroach episode and his delivery is not very good so I don't have high hopes.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I hear that after tomorrow gintama is just gonna be reruns for a while :(

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Electric Phantasm posted:

I hope we see the glasses arc animated someday, it's stupid in the best ways.

i want the hasegawa chapter with the sniper

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Gintama is coming back in October for the fall season. Also, apparently they are going to adapt the manga chapters before the shogun assassination arc that they skipped.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

littleorv posted:

been ending soon for 10 years now

has it just been serious arcs since the shogun assassination arc? how often do new chapters come out?

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7pMqq26DLg

There's a new Gintama game coming out and I have no idea what it actually is.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I want to see Hasegawa and the hitman

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

it's going to be weird watching new episodes where i've already read the manga chapters for.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

The preview alone has me hype

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

The ed for the silver soul arc is loving cool.

agreed. i can't believe gintama is ending

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

This arc is some extremely good poo poo.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

mabels big day posted:

This arc is some extremely good poo poo.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

the Neo Armstrong Cyclone Jet Armstrong Cannon..... Sorachi had it all planned from the beginning...!

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

This may have been one of the most plot-important episode of Gintama yet and it was about Penis sizes.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Gintama is back.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

So the manga is actually over?

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Holy poo poo this newest episode

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Are things happening in the anime noticeably different?

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I don't think I've ever laughed as hard at an episode of any anime before as I did this episode. It really feels like these are the most satisfying punchlines to cap off these characters for the end. God I love Gintama

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I could tell from the voice Mobcop was going to be Yamazaki, but drat did the whole sequence give me a good laugh.

This is the best timeskip arc.

Im gonna be honest, I also forgot about him. So much happened in that episode my brain couldn't even take the time to register the fact he "died"

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I haven't read the manga, but from where we're at in the anime this almost feels more like an epilogue already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

So, a year or two and we'll get the anime to finish out whatever the manga covered in that time then?