Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I really liked this game, especially the boss designs. The arms during the opening escape in the opening are particularly interesting because of their design - whatever is doing this isn't made of the tar, it's skin is visibly white and mottled, it just secretes it, which is much more interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Edit: Sorry for saying too much.

BioEnchanted fucked around with this message at 11:29 on Apr 1, 2017

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Wow, I literally forgot everything about this area. I didn't even recall that there were mines in the game.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Nice to see this back, I'm looking forward to your views on the upcoming events. :) I really liked this game when I played it.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

In the DLC vid I hought "I BLOW CRYSTALS! :downs:" then immediately tripping over his own feet was hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

I love the design of The Darkness, because of a few reasons -

1) Scale: You have no idea just how big this creature is. All you see of her is her pulling more and more segments out with her head coming further and further into the room - but it's just a milipede in structure, each segment having more arms attached to the main body, it's just a big serpent made of nipples (seriously that undercarriage, that's why I consider the darkness Female, that and the rounded features of the face and the whole creating a species of dark creatures, the vagina cocoon too, she feels very "twisted maternal" to me, in a Lovecraft sort of way) and arms, her only purpose to pull herself into the world and secrete darkness with every step. No tail, no hips or ending of any kind, just pure torso.

2) She isn't herself made of darkness - her skin is actually bone white, the darkness is just something she sweats. It's much more interesting than a generic Darkness Blob that some stories go for.

BioEnchanted fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Oct 7, 2017

• Locked thread