Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Chris James 2 posted:

Someday I really want to see the Browns pull something like this off, if only to see how Rap would react

I wanna see them go, then totally melt down against an on-paper inferior team, and lose by like forty points, just to see Cleveland burn like Detroit in the Crow.

Randaconda fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Jan 16, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Would be funny to see my team have a crazy melt down some how, one day. mmy house collapsed this morning

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Things that made you happy: Swept the Colts for the first time ever. I mean, Goddamn, it's been 15 seasons, you'd think it would've happened earlier. Still, both of those games made me happy. And the best thing? Pagano's coming back!

Things that surprised you in a good way: 7-1 at home, the best ever in franchise history

Things that surprised you in a bad way: 2-6 away from home, with both wins coming from within the division

Favorite Player this season:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgT_HrRSrQs

Unsung hero: AJ Boyue. I hope we can keep him :ohdear:

Player you hated beyond belief this season: Tyler Ervin. HOW CAN YOU FUMBLE THE KICKOFF TWICE IN ONE GAME

Worst storyline about your team: the Texans had only one storyline this year.

Most unappreciated aspect to the team this year by everyone: Tight ends did really good this year

Best win of the season: Colts @ home. Down two touchdowns with less than 7 minutes to go, everything fell into place for a crazy comeback. Plus, it was nationally broadcast, so that was nice.

Worst loss of the season: either Patriots game, for different reasons

What the team needs to do this offseason: Fix the offense.

Funniest moment of the season: the ref for Chargers/Texans forgot which quarter is was. We all had a laugh.

Do you have hope or despair for the future: I'm always hopeful about the Texans!

Does anything actually matter: Nothing REALLY matters. We're all gonna be dead soon anyway.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
Cowboys Recap

Things that made you happy: Pretty much everything before Mason Crosby's 51-yard field goal. Team had some awesome wins, looked great. Defense played well above their talent level. Zeke is amazing, Dak is clearly an excellent franchise QB. Things are good.
Things that surprised you in a good way: Dak. I expected 4 wins after Romo went down, but to go 13-3 and find the next franchise QB makes this season an unqualified success, despite the playoff loss
Things that surprised you in a bad way: The defense turned back into a pumpkin at the worst possible time
Favorite Player this season: Dak
Unsung hero: Sean Lee. This team would have lost every game without Lee and we need to surround him with talent as soon as possible. If not him, then Cole Beasley
Player you hated beyond belief this season: Before Sunday, I would have said Lucky Whitehead, but now it's definitely Brice Butler, whose total idiocy played a major factor in Sunday's playoff loss
Worst storyline about your team: "Dak vs Romo" I guess, though that was tamer than people make it out to be and more sad than bad
Most unappreciated aspect to the team this year by everyone: That Dak and the offensive line do more to help Zeke than the other way around
Best win of the season: The Steelers win, in Pittsburgh. An incredible game, and when I knew the team was For Reals
Worst loss of the season: Obviously the playoff loss, but week 1 to the Giants also sucked
What the team needs to do this offseason: Clear Romo's salary off the books and figure out a way to improve the defense
Funniest moment of the season: Dez's touchdown pass against the Lions
Do you have hope or despair for the future: Buckets of hope, though the defense needs to improve. Will be interesting to see if Jaylon Smith actually plays next year
Does anything actually matter: Yes, because I'm not an Eagles fan

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
The Browns

Things that made you happy: We finally have a kicker where I don't cringe when its more than 40 yards, still miss you Phil.
Things that surprised you in a good way: Terrelle Pryor actually turned into a decent receiver
Things that surprised you in a bad way: The Defense got WORSE somehow (I'm looking at you Horton)
Favorite Player this season: Crow
Unsung hero: Christian Kirksey
Player you hated beyond belief this season: Cameron Erving
Worst storyline about your team: 0-16 and everyone cheering for it
Most unappreciated aspect to the team this year by everyone: The Running Game.
Best win of the season: Well I would say the Chargers
Worst loss of the season: First Ravens game, I was more pissed off after that loss than nearly any other Browns game I can remember.
What the team needs to do this offseason: Build a defense
Funniest moment of the season: There was not really anything funny this season, just really really really depressing
Do you have hope or despair for the future: Can't do anything but go up!
Does anything actually matter: HAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

all-Rush mixtape posted:

Things that made you happy: Swept the Colts for the first time ever. I mean, Goddamn, it's been 15 seasons, you'd think it would've happened earlier. Still, both of those games made me happy. And the best thing? Pagano's coming back!

Things that surprised you in a good way: 7-1 at home, the best ever in franchise history

Things that surprised you in a bad way: 2-6 away from home, with both wins coming from within the division

Favorite Player this season:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgT_HrRSrQs

Unsung hero: AJ Boyue. I hope we can keep him :ohdear:

Player you hated beyond belief this season: Tyler Ervin. HOW CAN YOU FUMBLE THE KICKOFF TWICE IN ONE GAME

Worst storyline about your team: the Texans had only one storyline this year.

Most unappreciated aspect to the team this year by everyone: Tight ends did really good this year

Best win of the season: Colts @ home. Down two touchdowns with less than 7 minutes to go, everything fell into place for a crazy comeback. Plus, it was nationally broadcast, so that was nice.

Worst loss of the season: either Patriots game, for different reasons

What the team needs to do this offseason: Fix the offense.

Funniest moment of the season: the ref for Chargers/Texans forgot which quarter is was. We all had a laugh.

Do you have hope or despair for the future: I'm always hopeful about the Texans!

Does anything actually matter: Nothing REALLY matters. We're all gonna be dead soon anyway.

i don't think you need to "fix the offense" as much as "get a QB from a d3 football team"

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

FizFashizzle posted:

Little obvious with this one weren't you

??? I was joking around.

The NFL hall of fame isn't like baseball's. You don't get a single team. So every team you played for is listed. So Rod Woodson is in the Hall of Fame as a Steeler, a 49er, a Raven and a Raider. If Hester is in the Hall of Fame, he will be in as a Raven because he played here. Just like Ed Reed will be in as a Raven, a Jet, and a Texan.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

TBeats posted:

i don't think you need to "fix the offense" as much as "get a QB from a d3 football team"

It's not just QB play. Our offensive line needs work, too.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Kawalimus posted:

??? I was joking around.

The NFL hall of fame isn't like baseball's. You don't get a single team. So every team you played for is listed. So Rod Woodson is in the Hall of Fame as a Steeler, a 49er, a Raven and a Raider. If Hester is in the Hall of Fame, he will be in as a Raven because he played here. Just like Ed Reed will be in as a Raven, a Jet, and a Texan.

You're an idiot

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
The chiefs should trade a 2nd rounder for AJ McCarron. Also you can have Cedric Ogbuehi for a bag of footballs.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

TBeats posted:

You're an idiot

I guess I failed the idiot test again.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
8 Million a year for BRIAN WINTERS?!

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Chris James 2 posted:

Someday I really want to see the Browns pull something like this off, if only to see how Rap would react

depends if my mom is still alive. if she dies then this happens i would probably weep openly and curse god

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Things that made you happy: Winning the division title and a playoff game is a successful season even with all the problems the Seahawks had.

Things that surprised you in a good way: The offensive line was a tire fire but Justin Britt actually did a pretty good job converting to center. He's the one guy on this line worth building around.

Things that surprised you in a bad way: Special teams outside of Jon Ryan turned into a pumpkin. Steven Hauschka went from an asset to a liability without warning, and I'm not too happy about going into the offseason with kicker as a need.

Favorite player this season: Doug Baldwin cemented himself as a top-tier WR.

Unsung hero: Jon Ryan. Never a good sign when the punter is an unsung hero, but he kept us in a lot of games by flipping field position so consistently.

Player you hated beyond belief this season: Jermaine Kearse and Jeremy Lane were loving useless.

Worst storyline about your team: Richard Sherman and Michael Bennett feuding with the local media for no apparent reason. Pointless distraction that exposed a fragile locker room. Having big egos is cool when the team is winning. When they're not winning ... look out. This probably won't be the last we hear of bad attitudes.

Best win of the season: @ Patriots, which just feels inexplicable in hindsight.

Worst loss of the season: Cardinals in Week 16. Cost us a first-round bye and laid bare how much the defense misses Earl Thomas.

What the team needs to do this offseason: Fix the O-line, upgrade secondary depth, find another WR, bring in a new kicker if Hauschka is indeed washed. Maybe look into restructuring Sherman and/or Kam Chancellor if cap space gets tight.

Funniest moment of the season: The 6-6 cripple fight.

Do you have hope or despair for the future: Cautious hope. All the important players are coming back and we should be division favorites again, but I'm worried that our Super Bowl window is starting to close.

Does anything actually matter: Thankfully, we will all be dust soon.

Benne fucked around with this message at 09:18 on Jan 17, 2017

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
Hey I can actually do this in earnest now:

Things that made you happy: Making it to the playoffs in spite of a terrible offense and special team

Things that surprised you in a good way: Both Paul Richardson and CJ Prosise stepping up and showing so much promise.

Things that surprised you in a bad way: I didn't think our o-line could get any worse and then there was that trip-safety in the middle of the Divisional round.

Favorite player this season: Jimmy Graham. This was the season where he started making plays and became a major asset to this team.

Unsung hero: Bobby Wagner. He breaks 150 tackles by the end of the year and blocks not one but two field goals in Arizona-this guy is an amazing linebacker.

Player you hated beyond belief this season: Rees Odhiambo for tripping up Wilson in the endzone and setting up that humiliating safety in the divisional round.

Worst storyline about your team: Richard Sherman declaring war on the media.

Best win of the season: It feels appropriate how we were the only team to beat the Patriots in Foxboro with Brady playing.

Worst loss of the season: At Green Bay when our defense finally colapsed in Earl Thomas' absence.

What the team needs to do this offseason: Priority one is that o-line. Let Kearse go for salary cap, fire Tom Cable-do everything possible to not just get a decent o-line but to also ensure that a decent offensive coordinator will protect Willson. Second is investing in our depleted secondary.

Funniest moment of the season: Doug Baldwin's buttcatch

Do you have hope or despair for the future: Hope in Carroll's uncanny ability to pull good players out of nowhere like rabbits out of hats.

Does anything actually matter: Yeah-Paul Richardson needs to be franchise tagged yesterday.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

all-Rush mixtape posted:

It's not just QB play. Our offensive line needs work, too.

The offensive line was pretty good once Duane came back

Jeff Allen is a huge FA bust though, good thing we save $1m a year by signing him instead of keeping Brandon Brooks who is excellent

RIP Derek Newton :smith:

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Benny the Snake posted:

What the team needs to do this offseason: Priority one is that o-line. Let Kearse go for salary cap, fire Tom Cable-do everything possible to not just get a decent o-line but to also ensure that a decent offensive coordinator will protect Willson.
I don't understand how Tom Cable still has a job. Can someone earnestly explain this to me? His product has been terrible for years and the reasons seem like fireable offenses. He has no eye for offensive line talent and he thinks he can retrain defensive linemen. The Seahawks have a dynasty with a good offensive line coach.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

No Irish Need Imply posted:

I don't understand how Tom Cable still has a job. Can someone earnestly explain this to me? His product has been terrible for years and the reasons seem like fireable offenses. He has no eye for offensive line talent and he thinks he can retrain defensive linemen. The Seahawks have a dynasty with a good offensive line coach.

One thing that comes up about Tom Cable and why he sticks around is that players love him. Marshawn Lynch and Michael Robinson spoke highly of him. Same with his offensive line players. The other thing is that it's not necessarily him that drafts and signs offensive line players either (though he certainly has input). While I don't like Tom Cable, I don't think it's his choice that the Seahawks decided to spend the least amount of money on their offensive line than any other team by a wide margin.

Speaking of Seattle's line... Pete Carroll happy with progress on offensive line, seems content not to change anything.

It's highly unlikely that Seattle can improve their line much next year. This is because 1) their draft position is 26, and any good offensive tackle (their highest need) that can slot in and make a difference immediately will probably all be taken by then, and 2) there isn't much room cap-wise to bring in a good FA tackle. This offensive line had 3 new starters this year and a 1 new position compared to the last: Britt (moved to center), Glowinksi, Ifedi and Fant. I guess the good news is they'll all be back next season, so the hope is they somehow get better and mesh. I'm not holding out hope though.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

We can't explain it, beyond that he may get a pass from Carroll and Schneider because they invest almost nothing in the line in the first place. But even before that their more highly paid linemen didn't play well, Lynch was just absurdly good at running through tackles.

Think we were rooting for the 49ers to hire Cable much more than anybody in California.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/status/821759629692637184

lol so more of the same

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

shirts and skins posted:

Think we were rooting for the 49ers to hire Cable much more than anybody in California.

Safe bet, since absolutely no one in CA was rooting for him.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet

This but change it to Rob Ryan. I have to seriously question Jay gruden if he gives that fat gently caress another unearned shot

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES

Like seiferguy said, the players genuinely like him. I read somewhere that he's second to Carroll as far as likeability to them. A part of me knows that he isn't responsible for picking his o-line. And yet, I can plainly see that none of our past and current running backs (Rawls, Michael, Prosise, Collins) are not as strong or capable enough to break past enemy defensive lines without considerable o-line support compared to Marshawn Lynch who'd straight up smash through them. Not also to mention that this team has been more dependant on Wilson's arm in Lynch's absence. I'm convinced that Cable is running his plays as if Beast Mode never left and it's really frustrating. I'd even be open to re-trading Jimmy Graham back for Max Unger after that disgusting trip-safety.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

For some inexplicable reason, I always get Mike Tice and Tom Cable confused. Maybe the Seahawks front office keeps doing the same thing?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

https://twitter.com/BenOndaTop/status/822980014333456387

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Sup, Packers fans? Falcons offense is pretty good, huh?

Love,
Seahawks Fans

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

shirts and skins posted:

Sup, Packers fans? Falcons offense is pretty good, huh?

Love,
Seahawks Fans

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
Things we've learned today: Jim O'Neil > Dom Capers.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Both of Rodgers's iconic catchphrases are now associated with seasons where they didn't even make it to the Super Bowl. Feels kind of nice.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender
Hahahaha eat poo poo, Packers

Go Falcons ffs

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Shangri-Law School posted:

Both of Rodgers's iconic catchphrases are now associated with seasons where they didn't even make it to the Super Bowl. Feels kind of nice.

On one hand it's kind of a bummer we made it this far only to do... whatever the gently caress that was... in the NFCCG.

On the other hand, at least my team has been good enough that 'makes the Super Bowl' is the standard we're held to every year.

Seriously, this team has real issues on D and holy gently caress Ted please retire and let Wolfe take over if you're gonna constantly ignore this fact.

Great season though, please Fire Dom Capers.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
What an awesome season. From 4-6 to the conference championship. Not bad for a down year!

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

nerve posted:

What an awesome season. From 4-6 to the conference championship. Not bad for a down year!

It's a miracle we made it this far with our starting CBs being a traffic cone and one of those flailing tube things they have at used car dealers and I'm gonna have to remind a bunch of idiot customers at work tomorrow of this fact constantly.

DNS
Mar 11, 2009

by Smythe

Shangri-Law School posted:

Take the Falcons out of this and I'd probably be at a similar level of enjoyment at just seeing Rodgers get poo poo all over again.

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup
Fire Dom Capers.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Once again lol those guys who let $28k ride on the Packers regardless of how rich they are

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Intruder posted:

Once again lol those guys who let $28k ride on the Packers regardless of how rich they are

oh yeah I forgot about those idiots lol

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

Intruder posted:

whichever bookie they have should make them a cheapo plaque that just says "one in the hand is worth two in the bush. thanks for not cashing out"

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

BAE OF PIGS posted:

Fire Dom Capers.

I disagree

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo