Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

David Johnson is absurdly good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

Chichevache posted:

The Cardinals should be gunning for Romo because God drat could that offense be scary with Johnson drawing pressure.

I think Tyrod would do really well in a Bruce Arians offense. The Cards' o-line is good when he's healthy, and while he can't just shrug off pass rushers like Ben used to do, he's elusive enough to let those wideouts running the deep patterns to get open. And he certainly has a strong enough arm to heave it deep.

David Johnson's incredibly good. His game reminds me a lot of LaDanian Tomlinson's, though he's bigger and a better receiver than LdT ever was.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

This is interesting. 10 teams in each conference had positive point differentials on the season. It was more about how badly the worst teams were getting styled on then the good teams dominating:

+191 Patriots
+134 Falcons
+115 Cowboys

+78 Chiefs
+72 Steelers
+62 Seahawks
+56 Cardinals

+44 Packers
+36 Eagles
+36 Broncos
+31 Raiders

+26 Giants
+22 Ravens
+21 Bills
+20 Vikings
+19 Colts
+15 Saints
+13 Washington
+10 Bengals
+3 Titans

-12 Lions
-13 Chargers
-15 Buccaneers
-17 Dolphins

-33 Panthers
-49 Texans
-82 Jaguars

-120 Bears
-134 Jets
-170 Rams
-171 49ers
-188 Browns

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

NFCEast with + for all four teams :getin:

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Trevor Siemian sucked so bad Kubiak retired
Brock is in the playoffs and the Broncos are not :/

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Playoff teams with - diff.....

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Kalli posted:

-49 Texans

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

go go go go ROSCOE! posted:

Brock is in the playoffs and the Broncos are not :/

He also got benched late in the season again lol

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Trevor Siemian sucked so bad Kubiak retired

The Asassination of Gary Kubiak by the Coward Trevor Siemian

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Lol at the Chargers being 5-11 and only having a -13 point differential

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Lions had six wins over teams with positive differentials. Packers only four. Lions > Packers :smuggo:

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Roasted Donut posted:

artie burns ftw bitch
Was he good/decent?

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Jags: :smith:

Outlook: :smithicide:

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

whiteyfats posted:

Jags: :smith:

Outlook: :smithicide:

Perk up, Gus Bradley isn't your HC anymore!

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

No Irish Need Imply posted:

Was he good/decent?

he was a bit rough at first and his tackling still needs work but overall i'm pretty pleased with him. especially after he missed basically all of training camp

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet

thrilla in vanilla posted:

Cedric Ogbuehi completely sucks rear end and now we're going to have to break the bank for a 36 year Andrew Whitworth. Kevin Zeitler might end up walking because of this situation despite being easily the most consistent dude on our line this year (non-Whit division).

Dre Kirkpatrick did just enough to ensure we make him a big offer, but not enough to really deserve it. Our LBs were collectively pretty bad although they were really dragged down by how horrible Rey Maualuga and Karlos Dansby were. Geno and Carlos Dunlap were studs as usual although they really need help. Hopefully Andrew Billings is ready to step in for Domata Peko, although if Marvin has his way Peko will be starting for us until he's 40.

The kicker situation was a nightmare and we absolutely have to draft somebody.

Jeremy Hill is a pumpkin and should be selling insurance.

Most importantly, Marvin Lewis will still be here to sit comfortably and keep playing dudes who are completely washed. Hurray!

Please post similar complaints about your LOST SEASON here.

Hey here's an update! Maybe Dre really does deserve that big deal now! But probably not tho

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

a patagonian cavy posted:

He's 31! At least five more years left in him

That's what I mean. He's going to retire early.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

a patagonian cavy posted:

Perk up, Gus Bradley isn't your HC anymore!

I had hope this year.

Now I have nothing, except hoping Indy, Houston, and the Titans all suck poo poo, as well.

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

If you even try to throw to my side of the field in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.

whiteyfats posted:

I had hope this year.

Now I have nothing, except hoping Indy, Houston, and the Titans all suck poo poo, as well.

I still have hope. Not having Gus as the HC is going to add 3-4 wins next season. 6-10 or 7-9 here we come!

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cactus Jack posted:

I still have hope. Not having Gus as the HC is going to add 3-4 wins next season. 6-10 or 7-9 here we come!

Maybe. :smithcloud:

Or we'll be picking top 5 yet again.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
If you play against the Washington Redskins defense, the best strategy is to be incompetent for first and second downs. 3rd and 10. Now you are cooking. Hell, 3rd and 15, 18, 21 - it doesn't matter.

On 3rd and Long, the Redskins give up the first down over and over and over and over and over and over

and over

and over

:smith:

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Jim Kelly and Bill Polian took to the air of an ownership-friendly Bills radio show to trash Tyrod today:

https://twitter.com/DrSixFingersEsq/status/816726408064040960
https://twitter.com/DrSixFingersEsq/status/816726969664569345
https://twitter.com/DrSixFingersEsq/status/816727190113058817

So that bodes well.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
I'm a spoiled :patssay: monster, but the making GBS threads on Tyrod is the dumbest goddamn thing. The Bills offense works! It's above average, even!

If you want to draft a replacement or cull through FAs in the hope you find a Kurt Warner 2.0 hiding in there, go for it, but in the meantime why not keep the QB who actually works in your scheme? It's not like he's going to get a record-setting contract and just destroy your salary cap single-handed or something. Anyway, if you luck into the next Tom Brady in the draft he'll be so cheap his first few seasons that there is no reason to give a poo poo if Tyrod is getting some money.

"Not a future Hall of Famer, therefore sever immediately with no plan B!" is the dumbest line of thinking.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

sean10mm posted:

"Not a future Hall of Famer, therefore sever immediately with no plan B!" is the dumbest line of thinking.

Well, the Bills have been a model of "how not to run a franchise" for almost 20 years now, sooo

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Eh, what if the Bills FO thinks Tyrod is just a different flavor of Jay Cutler?

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
"flavor"

Nov 6, 2002

What If Jay Cutler Was Black????!

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

But Cutler was fine? Not great or anything, but Cutler wasn't dogshit.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

then they probably shouldn't have signed him to a 6-year, $92M extension

whiteyfats posted:

Yeah, but same for Taylor

Nov 6, 2002

whiteyfats posted:

Yeah, neither is Tyrod. But Cutler is also a guy who doesn't do things "The Right Way™" that NFL coaches and front offices love and like Tyrod he has some pretty obvious flaws as a quarterback. So perhaps Tyrod's limitations as a passer combined with him being a crummy teammate and leader (if that is true and not just a hack job) are enough to want the Bills to ditch him. I mean I think the Bears' FO is ready to eject Jay Cutler into the sun after the experience they've had with him. It doesn't seem so hard to believe the same could be possible for Tyrod. And Rex Ryan letting a player he likes get away with all sorts of poo poo would not be a stretch of the imagination.

Nov 6, 2002

TheChirurgeon posted:

then they probably shouldn't have signed him to a 6-year, $92M extension

And the Bears signed Cutler to a 7 year, $126,700,000 deal. I'm sure they'd love that one back too.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender
given that it's coming from ex players with no connection to the current franchise, and said franchise just went out of its way to avoid having to pay Taylor, I'd bet it's a hack job

And the Bears signed Cutler to a 7 year, $126,700,000 deal. I'm sure they'd love that one back too.

I guess? I strongly doubt they'd have been more successful if they hadn't signed Cutler

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Tyrod should walk. gently caress that noise.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Everything I've ever heard about Tyrod prior to today was that he was a great teammate and that he's always at the facility at 5:00 in the morning. This is literally the first I've heard even a whisper of him being anything less than a Russell Wilson football bot.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Roasted Donut posted:

he was a bit rough at first and his tackling still needs work but overall i'm pretty pleased with him. especially after he missed basically all of training camp

How was Tyler Matakevich?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

fsif posted:

Everything I've ever heard about Tyrod prior to today was that he was a great teammate and that he's always at the facility at 5:00 in the morning. This is literally the first I've heard even a whisper of him being anything less than a Russell Wilson football bot.

Yeah, the whole thing just seems weird to me. Like the offense has been legitimately good, especially with the injured mess that was your receivers.

Hey, we're firing Rex Ryan because the defense has been a trainwreck with a ton of unforced errors like a Rex Ryan team does. ... but nope, instead the final straw is Rex refusing to bench the quarterback that led the team to 64 points it he previous two games while putting up:

26/39, 329 yards, 3 TD's, 0 Ints, 12 carries / 60 yards
17/24, 174 yards, 1 TD, 0 ints, 7 carries / 49 yards

I mean I know he's had bad performances, but man, the offense was just not the Bills' problem this year.

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY
Tyrod is going to get waived and then signed to a way bigger contract by, I dunno, the Jets. Bills will get swept by the whole AFCE next season and the fan base will gnash their teeth at the incompetence of the Bills front office which will stock the team with enough talent to win a solid 4 games next season, wasting the final years of Shady's career

I feel bad for Bills fans but Christ their ownership and FO can only be favorably compared to the Browns and 49ers which is the lowest of bars to clear

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

fsif posted:

It's transparently an attempt at justifying benching and canning him, and I hope the majority of fans don't fall for that poo poo (I've already given up and accepted that there's going to be an amount thinking they'll find someone better or that EJ can be taught)

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Alaois posted:

How was Tyler Matakevich?

Only saw playing time in one game when every other ILB got hurt but he racked up something ridiculous like 9 tackles in the quarter he played lol. he's a little slow but drat if he doesn't always know exactly where the play is going

he was also our leading tackler on special teams so all in all pretty choice for a 7th rounder

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002
I'm pretty sure Jim Kelly just really wants the Bills to draft his nephew and anything he says about Taylor can be ignored

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Kelly looked at cancer and thought "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em!"

• Locked thread