Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

kalensc posted:

Kelly looked at cancer and thought "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em!"

:laffo:

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
The Miami Dolphins finished with a winning record! :unsmith:

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

Trast posted:

The Miami Dolphins finished with a winning record! :unsmith:

Bengals successfully finished 6-9 so we had the nicest record if you don't count our one tie

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Roasted Donut posted:

Only saw playing time in one game when every other ILB got hurt but he racked up something ridiculous like 9 tackles in the quarter he played lol. he's a little slow but drat if he doesn't always know exactly where the play is going

he was also our leading tackler on special teams so all in all pretty choice for a 7th rounder

Sounds about right. Dude has a crazy nose for the ball carrier and reads plays like nuts.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

fsif posted:

Jim Kelly and Bill Polian took to the air of an ownership-friendly Bills radio show to trash Tyrod today:

So that bodes well.
"I wish for an owner who will keep the Bills in Buffalo and spend more than Ralph Wilson".
A finger on the monkey's paw curls grotesquely inward.
Seriously, I'm pretty much hoping Taylor leaves now, because he deserves better than this poo poo.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Hoping for a not so speedy recovery :twisted:

https://twitter.com/NickVeronica/status/817027270938390528

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
just a reminder that the bears had the second worst season in their franchise history that's like 100 years old and they DIDNT CHANGE A loving THING

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Excuse me sir, but consider the feelings of one Dave Magazu when you make statements like that.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I just realized I could have monkey pawed his death. Okay Tyrod, have a normal surgery.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Look at this freaking statement. Taylor “elected” to have surgery and “The Bills were informed late yesterday”.

Just come out and say you have no intention of picking up Taylor's option already.
https://twitter.com/BuffaloBillsPR/status/817037946993934337

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

If I was tyrod I'd find a way to fail that physical.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

mastershakeman posted:

just a reminder that the bears had the second worst season in their franchise history that's like 100 years old and they DIDNT CHANGE A loving THING

...yet.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Dream scenario: we flip McCarron to the Bears to swap firsts + two mid round picks.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/BrianCoz/status/817046503193767936

https://twitter.com/CLoprestiWFAN/status/817046894413316096

He's got jokes!!!!!!

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

No Irish Need Imply posted:

Dream scenario: we flip McCarron to the Bears to swap firsts + two mid round picks.

I was about to say that fox only likes veterans but McCarron has that kind of ridiculous brashness and overconfidence that fox is attracted to.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Well the jerkstore called, and they're running out of ocean!!

-Woody Johnson

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Washington fires the entire defensive staff so bring on the rumors.

https://twitter.com/RobCarlinCSN/status/817062875122532352

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Third time's a charm :iamafag:

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

No Irish Need Imply posted:

Washington fires the entire defensive staff so bring on the rumors.

https://twitter.com/RobCarlinCSN/status/817062875122532352
As long as they already run a 3-4, it shouldn't be much of a problem. Especially if Gruden is willing to rein Rex in as needed.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Rex is mediocre and will take Washington to a solid 6-10 average record for the three years he is there before being fired again.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Rex's strength is offense now.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Ryan was great as DC in Baltimore. The 06 Ravens were one of the best defenses in modern history and better than the acclaimed 2000 team. But a lot of that may have been just due to Newsome's giving him a lot to work with. When your defense has Ngata, Suggs, Gregg, Pryce, Lewis, Scott, Thomas, McAlister, and Reed among others it's kind of hard to screw that up.

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
Please let the next DC be Wade Phillips :pray:

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
Ehhh i'd be very hesitant giving Rex even a DC gig, just based on his track record as of late. Since it seems like Wade isn't going back to Denver, the Redskins should be backing up a brinks truck full of cash to his house.

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

If we could only have a gif of Hackenberg throwing near the water, it would be the award winning sequel to a top tier gif.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Omg. The Ravens have FIRED!!!!!!!!!.....

Assistant offensive line coach Todd Washington and Director of Strength&Conditioning Bob Rogucki.

Next year this is gonna read John Harbaugh. He is a lame duck coach.

Edit: This is what the Ravens need more of in Baltimore: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlFZ4Scqh4w

Now you see that? That's what Shannon Sharpe brought to this team. That sort of play out of nowhere. You'd never think he would get a 96-yarder like that. But he did. They say it in the video at that point he had five receptions the whole playoffs but three were for 50+ yards. Imagine with a better QB than Dilfer. That's what "Big-play Shay" was meant to refer to. It didn't matter we had a trash offensive line and a bad QB. Sharpe drove them to victory. If we had a better team Steve Smith would have done the same. But now we have no one like that.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Jan 6, 2017

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
do you understand that it's like, hard, to just go and find a shannon sharpe?

You bring up Shannon Sharpe a lot and it makes me wonder if you think it's easy to go just go draft a Shannon Sharpe

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

a neat cape posted:

do you understand that it's like, hard, to just go and find a shannon sharpe?

You bring up Shannon Sharpe a lot and it makes me wonder if you think it's easy to go just go draft a Shannon Sharpe

Anquan Boldin was our Sharpe in 2012. Remember that play he made for a first down on a key late Ravens drive in the Superbowl? That was a Sharpe-like catch. Maybe even better than Sharpe. One of the best catches I've ever seen watching football. It was a risky play he had the 49ers guy all over him and if he didn't get it you would just say drat that's good coverage. But he was hell bent on pulling that thing down. He also had a touchdown in that game. We never used Boldin right here except for that stretch. But I knew when we traded for him he was our Sharpe. He could be our Sharpe. When people called his production disappointing I stuck with him. I loved him on the Cardinals and knew he could still be our next Sharpe. And as it turns out, he was our Sharpe.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Anquan Boldin is in no way shape or form Shannon loving Sharpe you delusional moron

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

a neat cape posted:

Anquan Boldin is in no way shape or form Shannon loving Sharpe you delusional moron

why are you so angry

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

a neat cape posted:

Yeah cause Boldin's 2012 playoff run was actually better than what Sharpe had. And that's what I mean when I say how imagine what Shannon Sharpe would have done with a better QB. Cause Flacco was playing at a high level unlike Dilfer ever did in those old playoffs. So Boldin had a really excellent run. Remember him towering over that Patriots player on one of his touchdowns? That's the kind of thing Sharpe did. That's why he was our Sharpe. But Sharpe was dragging an offense through that never should have been there. That's why Sharpe is more my hero. But Boldin is a close very close second.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

TBeats posted:

why are you so angry

I'm a fan of the San Diego Chargers

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

TBeats posted:

why are you so angry

be nice to him, the team he cheers for is run by dean spanos

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

a neat cape posted:

I'm a fan of the San Diego Chargers

Maybe you should get a therapist.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Why didn't the Ravens win the Superbowl in 2006? No Sharpe. Closest thing we had was Derrick Mason who was good, but not quite a Sharpe. Like a step or two below a Sharpe. That game against the Colts goes completely the other way if we have a "One Big Play Shay" on our side. That's all we needed, and we couldn't produce it.

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

kawalimus is good because his argument boils down to "if only we had the best player in the entire NFL at every position and the best coach too we'd never lose ever" which is true but such a facile statement as to be difficult to talk about, I love it

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

a patagonian cavy posted:

kawalimus is good because his argument boils down to "if only we had the best player in the entire NFL at every position and the best coach too we'd never lose ever" which is true but such a facile statement as to be difficult to talk about, I love it

That really isn't what I mean though. The offensive unit in 2000 wasn't much good at all, especially the passing game. I guess Jamal Lewis and Priest Holmes(Pre KC but still) is a solid combination. But through the air, woof. That team shouldn't really have made it too far and everyone knew our offense was going to be our undoing, until it wasn't. And Sharpe is the guy who carried it to do better than it even should have. Because even though we were a dog poo poo passing team he was always able to get the team their one TD, their one big play they needed to just let the defense do their thing. So the fatally flawed team didn't die after all.

If we could get the best guys at every position a Sharpe wouldn't be necessary. Sharpe didn't even make the Pro-Bowl in 2000.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Jan 6, 2017

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Kawalimus posted:

That really isn't what I mean though. The offensive unit in 2000 wasn't much good at all, especially the passing game. I guess Jamal Lewis and Priest Holmes(Pre KC but still) is a solid combination. But through the air, woof. That team shouldn't really have made it too far and everyone knew our offense was going to be our undoing, until it wasn't. And Sharpe is the guy who carried it to do better than it even should have. Because even though we were a dog poo poo passing team he was always able to get the team their one TD, their one big play they needed to just let the defense do their thing. So the fatally flawed team didn't die after all.

If we could get the best guys at every position a Sharpe wouldn't be necessary.

The Bucs won the Super Bowl in 2002 and I have zero complaints about that team nor do I have a reason to look for something to complain about because whatever I could find to complain about is irrelevant because the Bucs won the Super Bowl in 2002.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

TBeats posted:

The Bucs won the Super Bowl in 2002 and I have zero complaints about that team nor do I have a reason to look for something to complain about because whatever I could find to complain about is irrelevant because the Bucs won the Super Bowl in 2002.

What?? I'm just talking about them. I'm not complaining or bashing them. Is it because I said the offense was garbage? That's because it was!! And it was the story all year. We even went five straight games without scoring a single touchdown. It was the story all year. Even when we won the AFC Championship Sharpe went on the mic and said "We're going to tampa to put this Ravens offense on display. We're not that good, but we're effective. We're going to Tampa and Busch Gardens". So the team even flaunted that they were bad on offense. You had Dilfer on talk shows saying how that team won in spite of him as a joke.

I love doing that. I love going back and looking at those teams and looking at their flaws and how they overcame them, and where they could have maybe gone wrong and how those single big plays or turning points made a Superbowl win. That's one of my favorite parts of being a football fan.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Jan 6, 2017

• Locked thread