Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

R.D. Mangles posted:

Do you have hope or despair for the future: The Bears are hosed for the forseeable future, the only thing I can hope for is that Aaron Rodgers finds a higher calling than professional football and retires to a life of wealth and comfort and not ruining the sport by being impossibly good.

It's still mind-boggling that the Bears dealt with Favre sticking a screwdriver up their rear end twice a year for fifteen years, and then he fucks off to New York, everyone breathes a sigh of relief ... but wait! Here comes Rodgers, and he's traded that screwdriver for a Sawzall. :suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Grittybeard posted:

To stop insiders from having a betting advantage and from being able to sell information like that to Vegas/sharps.

I don't know what the NFL claims is the reason, but that's the actual reason.

The league's justification is that gaming the injury reports can mess with an opponent's gameplan, which is true -- you're going to scheme against the Seahawks differently if you know Sherman isn't running on all cylinders.

I think Mike Shanahan's Broncos were notorious for having like half the roster listed as questionable.

• Locked thread