Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
yesterday my brother and i discussed one of my favorite topics, who on the browns would start/play significant time for other NFL teams. we said thomas, crowell, duke johnson, barnidge, pryor, coleman somewhat, then on defense basically haden, ogbah and demario davis maybe. six guys on offense, two or three on defense. they're so so bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
yeah true. i think most teams would start haden but it's hard to tell. poor dude

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

oh of course, don't know why i forgot him

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

TheChirurgeon posted:

totally true, that one was a much easier play for the Jets--but if you let it bounce and it doesn't go OOB, you have to be ready to fall on it in the end zone. One of the reasons the Jets recovered is that the Bills' returner didn't know the rule. You wanna bet on Bobby Rainey knowing what to do?

yes, that's why you put him on the field

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Borsche69 posted:

What the. That's now how that works at all

Yes it is. There's a cosmic order to the universe, well mostly football games, which Kawalimus has tapped into by brilliantly memorizing the exact dimensions of the 1958 Union Pacific steam locomotive class

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Ches Neckbeard posted:

What the team needs to do this offseason: Not draft one of those lovely QB's in the first 2 rounds.
you don't want any of the guys in the first two rounds? i don't know much about them but it's basically a guarantee they draft one of them imo. how could you not, as a GM

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
what does "best available" mean to you? how can you say with pick #12 that jabrill peppers is better than deshaun watson? how much would a good safety or cornerback or whatever really help us compared to a potential starter at qb

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
I mean, if you put an early second round grade on a QB, then wait until the early second round to draft him, you're going to find he was picked 20 picks earlier. And maybe you were right in your grade and he turns out to be an early second round kinda guy, great, but in the meantime you're starting 39-year-old Josh McCown

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

FizFashizzle posted:

How many reliable contributors are the Browns going to pass on while they keep rolling the dice on qb prospects? At some point you'd be better off with just slightly above league average starters at other positions than the weedens and manziels of the world.

The Browns need to follow Oakland model of getting the best players regardless of position and hoping they luck into a qb or can convince a veteran to go there.

you mean like alex mack, mitchell schwartz, travis benjamin, taylor gabriel? i sure wish the browns had drafted/signed those guys, they'd really help our team out

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

FizFashizzle posted:

overdrafting middling qb talent isn't going to make free agents want to stay in cleveland.

a future of washed-up free agents and starters you never planned on starting actually seems a lot worse than the possibility of a first-round QB

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
haha the texans are so dumb to sign osweiler. they should have gone with *clears throat and mutters into sleeve briefly* for sure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Chris James 2 posted:

Someday I really want to see the Browns pull something like this off, if only to see how Rap would react

depends if my mom is still alive. if she dies then this happens i would probably weep openly and curse god

• Locked thread