Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
just a reminder that the bears had the second worst season in their franchise history that's like 100 years old and they DIDNT CHANGE A loving THING

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

R.D. Mangles posted:

bears haven't had a good safety since mike brown and i want them to draft hooker

I'd rather have Adams from LSU

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
look to win a Superbowl you need a guy who can average 50 yards per game receiving. maybe 55. without players like that on the team you're going nowhere

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Kawalimus posted:

That's not my point. See if you just have all the great players then you don't need a Sharpe. Also Sharpe's numbers then were more like a TE's numbers were expected to be. Back then the only real amazing passcatching TE like they have more of today was Tony Gonzalez. And Sharpe was up there but had gotten older by that point. Sharpe would have had a much better season receiving totals if we had a better QB. The next year under Grbac he made the pro bowl. THough his numbers were basically the same but there were lots of reasons for that.

But the point was that the Ravens had a bad offense. We had a bad QB in Dilfer(after he took over), and a terrible pass-blocking offensive line. It was a putrid unit. Sharpe knew it and the whole team was open about how bad they were. But Sharpe dragged that unit and still got open and through the playoffs was able to give them the one big monster play they needed for their defense to be able to clamp down and just hold until the end. It was easier to do that in those days cause there wasn't the ridiculous passing league it is now. So that's what I mean when I say we need a Sharpe. And that's why Boldin was a Sharpe. And Steve Smith is(edit: was :( ) a Sharpe. Wallace is an Ismail. He'll make a bomb play but he won't make those insane catches in traffic like Boldin did in the Superbowl late. The Sharpes and Ismails complement one another.

Antonio Brown is a Sharpe. Mike Wallace is an Ismail. When they played together in PIttsburgh they were the league killer WR combo. But then Miami got Wallace and tried to have him be a Sharpe and it didn't work. Because he's not a Sharpe. That doesn't mean he's not valuable it just means you can't use him that way.

there's no functional difference between an ismail and a sharpe, either way you're hoping for a guy to break a play all the way to the endzone (because your offense is bad enough it cant sustain drives) and outside of an insane, crazy fluke (sharpe's 96 yard play) you want the faster guy doing it

that play is also funny because sharpe didn't make anyone miss and didn't outrun anyone , he caught a ball off balance and stayed on his feet and that was it

mastershakeman fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Jan 7, 2017

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
I can't believe the Steelers have never beaten Brady in the playoffs

• Locked thread