Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

thrilla in vanilla posted:

They very clearly are not, imho. Their offense was Garbo all year long, I don't think it's going to magically get better overnight

ravens are in the unenviable spot of being at the mercy of FA/draft to get all of RB/WR1/TE (latter must must MUST be gronk or jimmy graham if you listen to kawalimus) to have a functional offense next year. bengals should be ok at RB, I think a lot of our problems this year after Bernard got hurt was because Hill is not an every down back so defenses could key on the pass a bit more. also maybe that one white guy who styled in week 17 will be a good option in the future, and maybe if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle

Eifert not going to the pro bowl is also good because he won't get hosed up for no reason

I think we'll be 10-6 next season if we stay healthy is what I'm getting at. Am I getting optimistic about the bengals? maybe I am. is that a mistake, every single year? yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

Kawalimus posted:

We need another Sharpe on offense though, now that Steve Smith is gone. It can be a TE or a WR, or maybe even a RB if he's like Marshall Faulk.

I, too, hate it when my team drafts anyone who is not already a HOF lock

E: how did I miss this

Kawalimus posted:

I believe Joe Flacco will retire sooner than later.

He's 31! At least five more years left in him

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

whiteyfats posted:

Jags: :smith:

Outlook: :smithicide:

Perk up, Gus Bradley isn't your HC anymore!

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

Tyrod is going to get waived and then signed to a way bigger contract by, I dunno, the Jets. Bills will get swept by the whole AFCE next season and the fan base will gnash their teeth at the incompetence of the Bills front office which will stock the team with enough talent to win a solid 4 games next season, wasting the final years of Shady's career

I feel bad for Bills fans but Christ their ownership and FO can only be favorably compared to the Browns and 49ers which is the lowest of bars to clear

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

Trast posted:

The Miami Dolphins finished with a winning record! :unsmith:

Bengals successfully finished 6-9 so we had the nicest record if you don't count our one tie

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

TBeats posted:

why are you so angry

be nice to him, the team he cheers for is run by dean spanos

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

kawalimus is good because his argument boils down to "if only we had the best player in the entire NFL at every position and the best coach too we'd never lose ever" which is true but such a facile statement as to be difficult to talk about, I love it

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

Chris James 2 posted:

"I'm not complaining, I just can't loving understand or shut up about why we didn't go 19-0 and draft every great player always"

Meanwhile I'm just ecstatic I got to a championship parade in my lifetime

I'm ecstatic that I live away from Cincinnati now and don't have to deal with anyone telling me to my face that This Is The Year

Watch some games, watch AJ Green highlight reels, and thank Christ I don't cheer for the 49ers

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

Cavauro posted:

Not sure how many teams' fans would rather cheer for the Bengals even if you don't include regional considerations

they're all missing out

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

thrilla in vanilla posted:

Kawalimus is kind and friendly. Support him in these trying times.

AFC:N Posters Union Local 26-37-1 stands in solidarity with our posting comrade, Kawalimus, in these trying times

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

Same but void every one of the Steelers' wins first so I can experience happiness

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

TBeats posted:

They are drafting Watson.

Rest in peace Watson's career

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

rjmccall posted:

Hey

Plenty of other teams suck, just not as much as the 49ers.

Tom Cable can be interviewed now, keeping with the thread obsession with him

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

seiferguy posted:

Pretty sure the 49ers already interviewed him though

I don't believe they could've yet because the Hawks did not have a bye

Ninja edit: there was smoke about them being interested though

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

rjmccall posted:

They have an interview scheduled for tomorrow.

49ers gonna save a ton of money on their OLine next season!

Downside: lose a lot of money paying for QB and RB surgeries but they should still make out ahead

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

If JJ Watt is healthy next year, the Texans pass rush is going to loving murder every team they play now that clowney is good. What are teams gonna do, double team both of them? And Mercilus when he shows up?

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

CyberPingu posted:

Havnt the texans being saying this for like 3 years now. Just replace Watts name with Cushing/Clowney et. al

Clowney is really good now though, so it depends on if Watt is healthy/gets hurt again

Which with how he's been treating himself, it's highly likely he won't ever play a full season again. Not that the rush will be bad unless everyone gets hurt, but it could be absolutely absurd

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

Intruder posted:

Once again lol those guys who let $28k ride on the Packers regardless of how rich they are

whichever bookie they have should make them a cheapo plaque that just says "one in the hand is worth two in the bush. thanks for not cashing out"

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

WENTZ WAGON NUI posted:

The thing that you have to keep in mind is that, for the Eagles, this was a building year.

iggles gonna be good with a few more pieces. nfc east is my pick for strongest overall division next year, even if the skins let kirk cousins go which spoiler alert they should not

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

that's a fuckin stat right there

Here's the Browns upcoming draft positions, as of right now

1/1
1/12 (From Eagles)

2/1
2/18 (From Titans)

3/1

4/Two comp picks

5/1
5/NE's pick, either 31 or 32
5/Comp

6/1

7/no picks

I'm sure they'll get lots of great players with this bounty of high picks!!!

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

This falls in here because the Steelers lost, glory to god-

https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/825081422515945472

Take away a first, goodell! Show them who's boss!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

Out of curiosity, what's the rationale behind making sure injury reports and such need to be very comprehensive? I don't understand the harm of leaving Sherman, for example, off for a tweaked MCL.

• Locked thread