Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Things that made you happy: The team having the mental fortitude to hang in so many close games and come out on top, especially after how their first four games went. Having a four-game Thanksgiving winning streak after having people talk for years about how Detroit didn't deserve their only worthwhile game all year.
Things that surprised you in a good way: See the first answer above. Stafford looking like a legit MVP QB until his finger injury. All of our old WR FA signings actually doing well.
Things that surprised you in a bad way: Further regression of the defense. Even further regression of the run game.
Unsung hero: Matt Prater. He's not completely unsung but this team is well under .500 without him. Plus he was straight-up bad last year and really turned it around.
Player you hated beyond belief this season: Eric Ebron. We cut one first-round TE with stone hands this year (Pettigrew), your rear end is on notice. "Most frustrating" goes to Deandre Levy, though it pains me to say it.
Worst storyline about your team: Losing three primetime games in a row to close out the year (including playoffs) and having to hear about how Detroit isn't ready for primetime. Especially with how badly they melted down in the WC.
Most unappreciated aspect to the team this year by everyone: Jim Caldwell seeming to learn from his mistakes in prior seasons, WC game notwithstanding. I felt that there was better playcalling and the team was a little more aggressive than it's been before. I also feel he was at least partially responsible for the team's mental toughness in all of those close wins.
Best win of the season: vPHI (saved the season) or @NO (most complete win)
Worst loss of the season: vTEN (easily winnable game that got away from us and ended up mattering) or vGB (duh)
What the team needs to do this offseason: Quinn needs another solid draft like last year, focusing on linemen (both sides) and linebackers. A good RB or TE (note: MUST BE ABLE TO CATCH THE BALL) wouldn't hurt either. He also needs to put Caldwell on notice that just because he's entering the final year of his contract doesn't mean he's guaranteed an extension, and Caldwell has to prove he's good by NFL coaching standards, not just by Lions coaching standards. Banged-up guys need to heal up, especially Levy, Stafford, and Swanson.
Funniest moment of the season: Me watching the end of that Eagles game with my Eagles fan neighbors.
Do you have hope or despair for the future: Neither. Despite all of the logical improvements this team could make in the offseason I am going to assume that they will suck until such a time comes where I am proven wrong.
Does anything actually matter: lol nothing matters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

BAE OF PIGS posted:

Fire Dom Capers.

I disagree

• Locked thread