Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Roasted Donut posted:

he was a bit rough at first and his tackling still needs work but overall i'm pretty pleased with him. especially after he missed basically all of training camp

How was Tyler Matakevich?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Roasted Donut posted:

Only saw playing time in one game when every other ILB got hurt but he racked up something ridiculous like 9 tackles in the quarter he played lol. he's a little slow but drat if he doesn't always know exactly where the play is going

he was also our leading tackler on special teams so all in all pretty choice for a 7th rounder

Sounds about right. Dude has a crazy nose for the ball carrier and reads plays like nuts.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Ches Neckbeard posted:

People have been really talking themselves into liking the QB's this go around vs actually being excited which is telling of what scouts and writers really think about this crop. People were excited for Watson before the season started then his stock dropped like a rock after a few games (I saw as low as the 6th round grades. not saying that's what I think of his value) then bowl season started it shot back up to the 1st and now possible top 10 because of flat out thirst not actual talent.

The thing about scouts and writers is, for people who are being paid to do what they do, they are loving incredibly bad at what they do. Like, if it were any other line of work, their abysmal miss-rate would be fireable.

e: case in point

https://twitter.com/afc2nfc/status/819926006479908866

Alaois fucked around with this message at 09:51 on Jan 14, 2017

• Locked thread