Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
Every awesome moment that happened this season (beating the Patriots at Foxboro, seeing CJ Prosise's potential, Jimmy Garahm finally going off) were completely overshadowed by these major structural flaws like how Tom Cable convinced the whole organization to divest in the o-line and lean entirely on Wilson's elusiveness. Or the major injuries such as Thomas, Lockett, and Prosise. Or how Sherman in his egotism is now actively antagonizing his coaches, the media, and even his own fellow teamates. I used to be a Dodgers fan as a kid and the way Sherman is behaving reminds me a bit of how Manny Ramirez was. Sherman's outbursts is just a major symptom of what I'm convinced is this giant schism between the coaches and the players that had only gotten worse with a staff that's over-leveraging on the team's reputation and divesting in critical areas.

This entire organization is a castle made sand, waiting for a wave like the Falcons to send it crashing down. Replacing Tom Cable with a more capable o-line coach would be a start but they'd need to continue making smart decisions in the offseason like investing in a better o-line, drafting talented rookies to keep the Leigon of Boom healthy, and finding a playmaker to take over the space Marshawn Lynch left behind.

Benny the Snake fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Jan 3, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES

ketchup vs catsup posted:

Do you think this schism originated in calling the pass play on the 1 in the super bowl?

I became a fan of this team at that Superbowl and I knew that call was disastrous but it wasn't until Marshawn's retirement where it became the canary in the mine shaft moment for the team. But to put it all on that call is a little nearsighted. I think it was the culmination of general mismanagement and we're only now becoming aware of the depth of that issue.

Benny the Snake fucked around with this message at 09:08 on Jan 3, 2017

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
Hey I can actually do this in earnest now:

Things that made you happy: Making it to the playoffs in spite of a terrible offense and special team

Things that surprised you in a good way: Both Paul Richardson and CJ Prosise stepping up and showing so much promise.

Things that surprised you in a bad way: I didn't think our o-line could get any worse and then there was that trip-safety in the middle of the Divisional round.

Favorite player this season: Jimmy Graham. This was the season where he started making plays and became a major asset to this team.

Unsung hero: Bobby Wagner. He breaks 150 tackles by the end of the year and blocks not one but two field goals in Arizona-this guy is an amazing linebacker.

Player you hated beyond belief this season: Rees Odhiambo for tripping up Wilson in the endzone and setting up that humiliating safety in the divisional round.

Worst storyline about your team: Richard Sherman declaring war on the media.

Best win of the season: It feels appropriate how we were the only team to beat the Patriots in Foxboro with Brady playing.

Worst loss of the season: At Green Bay when our defense finally colapsed in Earl Thomas' absence.

What the team needs to do this offseason: Priority one is that o-line. Let Kearse go for salary cap, fire Tom Cable-do everything possible to not just get a decent o-line but to also ensure that a decent offensive coordinator will protect Willson. Second is investing in our depleted secondary.

Funniest moment of the season: Doug Baldwin's buttcatch

Do you have hope or despair for the future: Hope in Carroll's uncanny ability to pull good players out of nowhere like rabbits out of hats.

Does anything actually matter: Yeah-Paul Richardson needs to be franchise tagged yesterday.

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES

No Irish Need Imply posted:

I don't understand how Tom Cable still has a job. Can someone earnestly explain this to me? His product has been terrible for years and the reasons seem like fireable offenses. He has no eye for offensive line talent and he thinks he can retrain defensive linemen. The Seahawks have a dynasty with a good offensive line coach.

Like seiferguy said, the players genuinely like him. I read somewhere that he's second to Carroll as far as likeability to them. A part of me knows that he isn't responsible for picking his o-line. And yet, I can plainly see that none of our past and current running backs (Rawls, Michael, Prosise, Collins) are not as strong or capable enough to break past enemy defensive lines without considerable o-line support compared to Marshawn Lynch who'd straight up smash through them. Not also to mention that this team has been more dependant on Wilson's arm in Lynch's absence. I'm convinced that Cable is running his plays as if Beast Mode never left and it's really frustrating. I'd even be open to re-trading Jimmy Graham back for Max Unger after that disgusting trip-safety.

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES

shirts and skins posted:

Sup, Packers fans? Falcons offense is pretty good, huh?

Love,
Seahawks Fans

• Locked thread