Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

Shangri-Law School posted:

Both of Rodgers's iconic catchphrases are now associated with seasons where they didn't even make it to the Super Bowl. Feels kind of nice.

I mean, he didn't say "I believe we are going to win the Super Bowl!" either time and both "catchphrases" marked a huge turnaround for a mightily struggling team, so as nice as it feels for you, it probably feels nicer for us Packers fans that things turned around! :)

That said, Dom Capers is dogshit and has been the reason they've gotten knocked out of the playoffs 4 times. But also Ted Thompson sucks at drafting corners and MLBs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

nerve posted:

Remember that terrible season where Aaron Rodgers played at an MVP level and the Packers went to the NFC Championship Game

Today isn't even a top 4 worst Rodgers-era playoff loss lol, this season loving owned so hard.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
The Packers defense is just so many of these vanilla soft serve zones because they cannot afford to play man, ever. It really doesn't allow them much room to get creative with blitzing at all, which doesn't help a pass rush that has very few people who can consistently win 1 on 1.

Bright spots: Kenny Clark is really good. Scary combo with him and Michael Daniels. Lowry showed good of promise. Gunter isn't a #1 corner, but I think he'll have a spot on this team.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

OSheaman posted:

Mike Daniels is the only good D lineman on the team at the moment. Clark might eventually be OK but he has some work to do for sure. The ILBs are undersized and tryhard guys, Matthews has had several disappointing seasons in a row, Clinton-Dix had a terrible end to a decent season that was somehow reqarded with a Pro Bowl, Nick Perry and Datone Jones are basically the definition of JAGs, Sam Shields is done and both second year corners regressed so hard they're going to have to fight for their spots in camp next year. This defense is a mess and I don't know that I trust Ted to fix it.

I suggest if you are depressed today you go watch film of KC from the past few weeks because he's definitely more than "might eventually be OK". One of the really big potential bright spots on defense, especially for a rookie. He's ready to get more reps in running scenarios for sure, and while he could use some arms work on passing downs (laterally, in particular, he's a little slow) he's already swallowing blocks. We just never have anyone to get home lol

• Locked thread