Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Cedric Ogbuehi completely sucks rear end and now we're going to have to break the bank for a 36 year Andrew Whitworth. Kevin Zeitler might end up walking because of this situation despite being easily the most consistent dude on our line this year (non-Whit division).

Dre Kirkpatrick did just enough to ensure we make him a big offer, but not enough to really deserve it. Our LBs were collectively pretty bad although they were really dragged down by how horrible Rey Maualuga and Karlos Dansby were. Geno and Carlos Dunlap were studs as usual although they really need help. Hopefully Andrew Billings is ready to step in for Domata Peko, although if Marvin has his way Peko will be starting for us until he's 40.

The kicker situation was a nightmare and we absolutely have to draft somebody.

Jeremy Hill is a pumpkin and should be selling insurance.

Most importantly, Marvin Lewis will still be here to sit comfortably and keep playing dudes who are completely washed. Hurray!

Please post similar complaints about your LOST SEASON here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Chris James 2 posted:

We didn't make the playoffs, but neither did the Bengals

Really hard to be upset at this turn of events

I'm not convinced you actually like football.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Thank you for this fantastic gift, Kalli.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
I would also like to list some positives to take away from this season.

Andy Dalton is amazing. Brandon Lafell was a good signing. Cody Core and Tyler Boyd were both wildly underutilized but seem like solid picks for now. Vontaze Burfict only got one personal foul all year, and it was for pushing Roethlisborger down once which seems like a normal thing to do.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

the bengals will be ok but i don't like that the ravens are competent again.

They very clearly are not, imho. Their offense was Garbo all year long, I don't think it's going to magically get better overnight

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Hill sucked before gio got hurt tho. I mean neither of them were doing well this year regardless but gio is at least good for something when he isn't gaining much yardage running the ball. I don't think we should cut Hill but he shouldn't be starting by any means.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

thrilla in vanilla posted:

Cedric Ogbuehi completely sucks rear end and now we're going to have to break the bank for a 36 year Andrew Whitworth. Kevin Zeitler might end up walking because of this situation despite being easily the most consistent dude on our line this year (non-Whit division).

Dre Kirkpatrick did just enough to ensure we make him a big offer, but not enough to really deserve it. Our LBs were collectively pretty bad although they were really dragged down by how horrible Rey Maualuga and Karlos Dansby were. Geno and Carlos Dunlap were studs as usual although they really need help. Hopefully Andrew Billings is ready to step in for Domata Peko, although if Marvin has his way Peko will be starting for us until he's 40.

The kicker situation was a nightmare and we absolutely have to draft somebody.

Jeremy Hill is a pumpkin and should be selling insurance.

Most importantly, Marvin Lewis will still be here to sit comfortably and keep playing dudes who are completely washed. Hurray!

Please post similar complaints about your LOST SEASON here.

Hey here's an update! Maybe Dre really does deserve that big deal now! But probably not tho

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Kawalimus is kind and friendly. Support him in these trying times.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Things that made you happy: Andy Dalton
Things that surprised you in a good way: Andy Dalton
Things that surprised you in a bad way: Cedric Ogbuehi
Favorite Player this season: Andy Dalton
Unsung hero: Andy Dalton
Player you hated beyond belief this season: Jeremy Hill
Worst storyline about your team: every storyline around D this team was completely deserved.
Most unappreciated aspect to the team this year by everyone: Andy Dalton
Best win of the season: vs Philly
Worst loss of the season: vs Pittsburgh, the second time
What the team needs to do this offseason: find an RT who can actually play. Find a starting RB who can outplay the corpse of Jeremy Hill. Stop signing washed up vets. Start scouting for a new coach for 2018. Resign Kevin Zeitler and Whitworth
Funniest moment of the season: Bullock missing that field goal in Houston.
Do you have hope or despair for the future: next season hopefully will be better but honestly I hope it's another bad year so Marvin finally gets canned.
Does anything actually matter: Andy Dalton

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

No Irish Need Imply posted:

I'm pretty sure Marvin is gone after next year regardless.

I want Fisher at RT more, he has promise.

Rest of this, agreed.

I need to see more from Jake. He could be the guy going forward if he keeps developing but I wasn't overly impressed with him in his admittedly limited action this season. Definitely prefer to see him getting played over Ogbuehi at any rate but IMO if we can't get Whit and Zeitler back we won't have any choice at RT. God I hope we resign those dudes, next season's gonna be a nightmare otherwise

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
The chiefs should trade a 2nd rounder for AJ McCarron. Also you can have Cedric Ogbuehi for a bag of footballs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

No Irish Need Imply posted:

I don't understand how Tom Cable still has a job. Can someone earnestly explain this to me? His product has been terrible for years and the reasons seem like fireable offenses. He has no eye for offensive line talent and he thinks he can retrain defensive linemen. The Seahawks have a dynasty with a good offensive line coach.

This but change it to Rob Ryan. I have to seriously question Jay gruden if he gives that fat gently caress another unearned shot

• Locked thread