Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Bucs going 4-12 next year because the pendulum of progress has reached its apex

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

big money big clit posted:

David Johnson has 20 touchdowns by himself.

I think the proper word is "had"

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Rex is mediocre and will take Washington to a solid 6-10 average record for the three years he is there before being fired again.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

a neat cape posted:

Anquan Boldin is in no way shape or form Shannon loving Sharpe you delusional moron

why are you so angry

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

a neat cape posted:

I'm a fan of the San Diego Chargers

Maybe you should get a therapist.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Kawalimus posted:

That really isn't what I mean though. The offensive unit in 2000 wasn't much good at all, especially the passing game. I guess Jamal Lewis and Priest Holmes(Pre KC but still) is a solid combination. But through the air, woof. That team shouldn't really have made it too far and everyone knew our offense was going to be our undoing, until it wasn't. And Sharpe is the guy who carried it to do better than it even should have. Because even though we were a dog poo poo passing team he was always able to get the team their one TD, their one big play they needed to just let the defense do their thing. So the fatally flawed team didn't die after all.

If we could get the best guys at every position a Sharpe wouldn't be necessary.

The Bucs won the Super Bowl in 2002 and I have zero complaints about that team nor do I have a reason to look for something to complain about because whatever I could find to complain about is irrelevant because the Bucs won the Super Bowl in 2002.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
When 90% of your post about your Super Bowl winning team is about the negatives of that Super Bowl winning team you are just complaining...

...about a Super Bowl winning team.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
You sound like a patriots fan.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Kawalimus posted:

Well yeah but that's got nothing to do with looking back at the Superbowl team and talking about its strengths and weaknesses. Those are two separate deals.

I honestly feel sorry for people who think calling a bad offense bad is "too negative" :(

Yeah that bad offense really held you guys back that year.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Kawalimus posted:

Again that's completely missing the point. The offense was bad. That's the whole point how we were able to win with just strong defense. And for most of the year not even a scoring defense like the Bucs could be in 2002. We just had to stonewall the other team the whole game if we could and get that one or two big offensive play a game and that was what we had. This was before the days of Ed Reed.

The offense had two standout games though--one where they won a shootout against the Jaguars in week 2 which was then the biggest win in franchise history. And also at Tennessee in the regular season where Dilfer turned in his best performance of the season against a defense that was about as good as ours. There were some other ok ones but against garbage teams like Cleveland. But those two games were where our offense actually carried us a bit.

That sucks man. Wish you guys could have had more success that year.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Cavauro posted:

There is a difference between complaining and pointing out negative things that you wish had been different. Thje difference is this: *honks your nose, gently* now honk mine

When you win a SB and all you talk about is the negative aspects of that team, you're just complaining.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

go go go go ROSCOE! posted:

That's exactly what Cavauro was saying

Then it would seem I agree

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Amy Pole Her posted:

Stop talking to Kawalimus he clearly has a mental disorder

Like a bad one

It's kind of humorous.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
drat sounds like that was a horrible season.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Yeah those wildly fluke plays were happening all the time during that horrible season.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Kawalimus posted:

If that didn't happen I guarantee you the 49ers go on to win this game by a comfortable margin.

i guarantee you it didn't happen though so it doesn't matter

i wonder how the bucs could have lost in 2002...

no i don't because they won and it rules.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Kawalimus posted:

That's why you have to appreciate these things when they happen.

yeah i appreciate their 2002 win by talking about all of the ways they could have possibly lost

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Kawalimus posted:

That's fun though. What if the Eagles had won that NFC Championship? What would've happened in the Superbowl then? The Raiders might have won. Would that franchise have collapsed then? Who knows.

Or in 2000 what if Del Greco hadn't been missing easy kicks against the Ravens? The Titans probably win the Superbowl.

The win was way more fun.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
They are drafting Watson.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Watson is gonna pull an Eli

I wouldn't blame him tbh

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

His name is Dean and he pees

Has he ever been to Moscow?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Welcome Cowboys fans!!

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

all-Rush mixtape posted:

Things that made you happy: Swept the Colts for the first time ever. I mean, Goddamn, it's been 15 seasons, you'd think it would've happened earlier. Still, both of those games made me happy. And the best thing? Pagano's coming back!

Things that surprised you in a good way: 7-1 at home, the best ever in franchise history

Things that surprised you in a bad way: 2-6 away from home, with both wins coming from within the division

Favorite Player this season:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgT_HrRSrQs

Unsung hero: AJ Boyue. I hope we can keep him :ohdear:

Player you hated beyond belief this season: Tyler Ervin. HOW CAN YOU FUMBLE THE KICKOFF TWICE IN ONE GAME

Worst storyline about your team: the Texans had only one storyline this year.

Most unappreciated aspect to the team this year by everyone: Tight ends did really good this year

Best win of the season: Colts @ home. Down two touchdowns with less than 7 minutes to go, everything fell into place for a crazy comeback. Plus, it was nationally broadcast, so that was nice.

Worst loss of the season: either Patriots game, for different reasons

What the team needs to do this offseason: Fix the offense.

Funniest moment of the season: the ref for Chargers/Texans forgot which quarter is was. We all had a laugh.

Do you have hope or despair for the future: I'm always hopeful about the Texans!

Does anything actually matter: Nothing REALLY matters. We're all gonna be dead soon anyway.

i don't think you need to "fix the offense" as much as "get a QB from a d3 football team"

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Kawalimus posted:

??? I was joking around.

The NFL hall of fame isn't like baseball's. You don't get a single team. So every team you played for is listed. So Rod Woodson is in the Hall of Fame as a Steeler, a 49er, a Raven and a Raider. If Hester is in the Hall of Fame, he will be in as a Raven because he played here. Just like Ed Reed will be in as a Raven, a Jet, and a Texan.

You're an idiot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
lol

• Locked thread