Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
The 49ers are rudderless, with an owner/CEO who could be a stand in at a Trump family reunion, and a roster with the most holes in the NFL.

Positives:
Several o-line players showed improvement over the season, with RT Trent Brown being a particular bright spot.
The d-line looks to have a lot of emerging young talent (Armstead was looking great before his injury, Buckner & Blair had fantastic rookie seasons).
The young CBs likewise look to have some breakout candidates (Ward, Robinson may turn out to be a fantastic duo if they can both stay healthy).
Carlos Hyde is still awesome.

Negatives:
4 coaches in 4 years. The players will have to learn yet another system.
No QB (literally. Kap will almost certainly opt-out).
No WRs (not quite as literal, but close enough to be true).
One dimensional or poo poo TEs.
Bowman has had two catastrophic leg injuries, and the rest of the LB corps is pretty hit-or-miss.
The safeties are highly drafted question marks.
No GM. Chief executives in charge of search are a doughy douchebag and an ex-hedgefund MBA.
The loving Yorks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
Small addendum to 49ers' postmortem:

https://twitter.com/Jason_OTC/status/816075521163427842
https://twitter.com/Jason_OTC/status/816075728282386434

...Chip Kelly wasn't the problem.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Borsche69 posted:

The Dean Pees late-game defense... where they stopped the 49ers on 4th down and won the game.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

shirts and skins posted:

Think we were rooting for the 49ers to hire Cable much more than anybody in California.

Safe bet, since absolutely no one in CA was rooting for him.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
Things we've learned today: Jim O'Neil > Dom Capers.

• Locked thread