Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Kirk Cousins will be the QB next year. He'll either get franchised or they'll work out some kind of deal. Either way he's Good Enough and frankly that's something Washington hasn't had for two decades.

Theoretically we'll have a Josh Doctson next year. Guess that will send DeSean Jackson back to Philadelphia. Either way we have a ton of passing weapons and I won't feel bad seeing some turnover here. Jordan Reed's inability to stay healthy will necessitate keeping a decent backup and I could see Vernon Davis hanging around another year.

We have a very solid line, with two pro bowlers and tons of youth. This remains one of our biggest strengths and something we can capitalize on in the future. We need to address the left guard position but otherwise I like where this line is going.

Our run gun is poo poo. Matt Jones is turning into a bust in the third round, Rob Kelley is largely pedestrian, and Chris Thompson is a receiving back. Maybe Keith Marshall will surprise everyone next year but I suspect this is a position of need.

Defense is our weakness. Cornerbacks are inconsistent, Josh Norman is a knucklehead, our safeties are porous, and the line had no real answer against the run game. That's not going to fly in this division, especially with the Eagles and Cowboys having extremely solid lines.

Coaching seemed hit or miss. Clock management was ridiculous and I get the feeling that Gruden is overwhelmed some times, but our defense is the real question. Is Joe Barry worth having around? Given the injuries and inconsistency it's hard to tell, but it definitely feels like he's replaceable.

Prediction next year: Playoffs!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Kawalimus posted:

We lost to the Redskins at home.

Beltway Bowl Champs!

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Kawalimus posted:

I'll punish myself for it, others abusing me is not necessary.

Hah hah you lost. To us.

Am I doing this right? Usually I'm the one being mocked so I wanted to be sure.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Kawalimus posted:

It'll be 3 in four years. And you'll have the edge all time at that point. Ugh. It should be 5-1 to us. But both those losses were too important to want back.

Preseason Week 3!

• Locked thread