Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

mastershakeman posted:

I'd rather have Adams from LSU

And sign Eric Berry when the Chiefs don't franchise him. :fap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Things that made you happy: Bears draft class. Howard, Whitehair and Floyd all look like they could be impact players going forward. Hell, Howard was an impact player now.

Things that surprised you in a good way: Bears front seven on defense. Very much improved.

Things that surprised you in a bad way: Our secondary. They were pretty terrible.

Favorite Player this season: Jordan Howard

Unsung hero: Cody Whitehair. Even with Long and Sitton constantly hurt, he held that offensive line together.

Player you hated beyond belief this season: Logan Paulson. You are a blocking tight end who gets called for holding EVERY loving TIME!!

Worst storyline about your team: John Fox / Vic Fangio rift. I'm still holding my breath.

Most unappreciated aspect to the team this year by everyone: Vic Fangio

Best win of the season: Vikings.

Worst loss of the season: Jacksonville or Tampa. Both games made you think the Bears were ready to turn it around, but then they just embarrassed themselves.

What the team needs to do this offseason:

Upgrade at LT and get some secondary help. Just build more depth on the roster. Resign Alshon. Get a quarterback.

Funniest moment of the season:

People thinking Barkley could be the answer a quarterback.

Do you have hope or despair for the future:

Hope. Assuming they don't do something dumb like firing Fangio, things are pointed in the right direction.

Does anything actually matter

Matter matters

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

v2vian man posted:

haha the texans are so dumb to sign osweiler. they should have gone with *clears throat and mutters into sleeve briefly* for sure

I mean, Hoyer is a significant improvement over Brock and was $10 million cheaper. It isn't like it's a hindsight thing either. People were laughing about it when it happened.

If you commit that much money into your QB, you better know that it'll work. Because not only are you stuck with Brock for another year, you have all that money tied up in a position that is actively preventing you from upgrading other positions.

You have to extend Hopkins and Clowney soon, among other players. Signing Brock could legitimately cost the Texans a really good player that they developed.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

TheChirurgeon posted:

Dude's a beast. Shame he won't make the HoF, but I think he deserves it

Which is a shame. He is undeniably the greatest ever at his position.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Intruder posted:

Once again lol those guys who let $28k ride on the Packers regardless of how rich they are

What I don't get is why not just take out $5k if you wanna let it ride. Even that I could justify as a hedge, although it's still pretty dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Intruder posted:

The dumb sports fan thing where you think your lack of faith will cause your team to lose? I don't know

That is what blood sacrifices are for. :v:

OSheaman posted:

Mike Daniels is the only good D lineman on the team at the moment. Clark might eventually be OK but he has some work to do for sure. The ILBs are undersized and tryhard guys, Matthews has had several disappointing seasons in a row, Clinton-Dix had a terrible end to a decent season that was somehow reqarded with a Pro Bowl, Nick Perry and Datone Jones are basically the definition of JAGs, Sam Shields is done and both second year corners regressed so hard they're going to have to fight for their spots in camp next year. This defense is a mess and I don't know that I trust Ted to fix it.

I don't think it is a coincidence that Clinton-Dix started to drop off immediately after the secondary died. I think you are undervaluing their defensive talent. Your defensive roster is more me than outright bad.

I think the bigger issue is coaching. I'm not sure the Pats are really that talented on defense, but they maximize what they get out of their players.

(Not to say they lack talent so much as lack game breakers )

• Locked thread