Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Kalli posted:

PFF's top / bottom 5 grades of the year because these are always fun to chuckle at:

Center

Bottom 5:
1. Zane Beadles 40.2
2. Graham Glasgow 42.7
3. Nick Easton 44.9
4. Kraig Urbik 48.5
5. Anthony Steen 48.9

"Edge Defender"

Bottom 5:
1. DeVonte Lambert 36.7
2. Devin Taylor 38.1
3. Carl Nassib 40.8
4a. Jack Crawford 40.9
4b. Michael Johnson 40.9

I refuse to believe that Cam Erving isn't a bottom 5 center. There's no goddamn way there's someone in this league worse at it. Also laffo the front office said they consider Nassib a corner stone of the defense. Need to revamp the analytics department.

edit: also Christian Kirksey is better than Jamie Collins. Collins' habit of blowing TE coverages doesn't deserve the money he wants.

Ches Neckbeard fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Jan 3, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

v2vian man posted:

yesterday my brother and i discussed one of my favorite topics, who on the browns would start/play significant time for other NFL teams. we said thomas, crowell, duke johnson, barnidge, pryor, coleman somewhat, then on defense basically haden, ogbah and demario davis maybe. six guys on offense, two or three on defense. they're so so bad

Haden is an injury riddled shell of a football player. I can't imagine him playing anywhere with Perish Cox out of a job. Shelton is a competent DT so he'd see at least rotational work.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Things that made you happy: Christian Kirksey's 100 tackles and Terrell Pryor's 1000 yards

Things that surprised you in a good way: Danny Shelton being a competent starter

Things that surprised you in a bad way: And You Will Know Us By The Trail of Dead Quarterbacks

Favorite Player this season: Christian Kirksey

Unsung hero: Christian Kirksey

Player you hated beyond belief this season: Jamie Collins

Worst storyline about your team: drafting a quarterback

Most unappreciated aspect to the team this year by everyone: the run game put up the best average yardage in decades

Best win of the season: shut up

Worst loss of the season: 1st Ravens

What the team needs to do this offseason: Not draft one of those lovely QB's in the first 2 rounds.

Funniest moment of the season: After showing off all off preseason and training camp that he could slide, get out of bounds or throw it away: http://www.nfl.com/videos/cleveland-browns/0ap3000000701289/Robert-Griffin-III-sustains-shoulder-injury-Week-1

Do you have hope or despair for the future: We still have Hue and the new DC has a solid track record. The Factory of Sadness requires fuel.

Does anything actually matter:

Ches Neckbeard fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Jan 13, 2017

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

v2vian man posted:

you don't want any of the guys in the first two rounds? i don't know much about them but it's basically a guarantee they draft one of them imo. how could you not, as a GM

If we weren't stocked with holes I'd be willing to take a shot on one because I like taking long shots. I think both are longer shots than normal to be startable Alex Smith/Tyrod Taylor guys not elite talent. With the holes we have we can't go wrong grabbing best available (before QB panic dipshittery) for what should be bare minimum competent starters. I personally don't want any of the QB's though I know it's basically assured that we pick one of these busts because sports writers will call for their heads if they don't and when the dude is a bust call for heads anyway. Taking the short term heat till the busts happen then get lauded for your foresight beats long term heat from wasting another 1st rounder "like cleveland always does hurrr" then Jimmy caves and the cycle continues.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

The problem is startable Tyrod/Alex level is their ceiling in my book and I think it's highly unlikely any of these guys make it there. If it were a done deal that we'd be getting that sure fine and dandy I'd be happy with that pick. People have been really talking themselves into liking the QB's this go around vs actually being excited which is telling of what scouts and writers really think about this crop. People were excited for Watson before the season started then his stock dropped like a rock after a few games (I saw as low as the 6th round grades. not saying that's what I think of his value) then bowl season started it shot back up to the 1st and now possible top 10 because of flat out thirst not actual talent.

Best available for me is flat out risk management when dealing with this many the holes in a team. Getting guaranteed starters with the highest upside is my thought process here. Toss in the high probability of getting fired by trigger happy Jimmy and some writers already wanting heads (loving Grossi) especially the worse they do in this draft. Like the front office or not we need them to stick around because nobody is coming to Cleveland with Flying J Haslam as owner if he fires them to quickly.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Honestly I don't think any of the big prospects rising above backup status. Take the guy closest to where you actually have him graded the first 2 rounds with all the holes we're stuck with right now. I'd rather start Kessler than sit through another year of a busted 1st rounder faffing about uselessly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Drafting a lousy QB prospect in the first round because the "cleveland has to draft a QB" storyline demands it wont fix the team. Buying a lottery ticket is taking a shot but that doesn't make it a good idea.

• Locked thread