Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

DoctorGonzo posted:

Why January 4?

It's usually the last or one of the last days off of the New Years holiday period. I've heard from coworkers that it's the first day since Dec 31 that husbands can get away from family ;)

NJPW tl;dr if there's an event on a weird day it's probably a Japanese holiday.

[Edit] forgot what I'd wanted to post, which is that Minoru Suzuki is sure tweeting like a man strapping on his boots at the Dome. Could be a surprise in the Rumble, or more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Thauros posted:

I was thinking he'd show up at New Year's Dash since in recent years they've finished up storylines at the Dome and waited until Korakuen the next day to really develop new ones. A Rumble appearance would own tho

My fantasy booking: he blows through the Rumble and shows up to Korakuen all pissed off and still able to go.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

NickRoweFillea posted:

Once again, someone who has the capacity to do so, hit me up with a price for that LI hat

Is it this hat? Or is it another one new for WK?

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

mods rename me to Okada's Dropkick plzkthx

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

I'll be traveling from the States back to Japan today (so no midnight watching last night for me) and I wish I could just watch WK on the flight. But in-flight wifi...:/

how was Tanahashi's new theme?

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

not quite ~Tranquilo~

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Suzuki's posting pictures from his shop in Harajuku, I'm suddenly negative on it happening guys.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Solus posted:

Korakuen is only like 30 minutes away by car. He could be leaving now :unsmith:

Tokyo traffic is not to be hosed with though :gonk:

I hope I'm wrong! And I'm looking forward to watching WK the next few days too.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

GIVE ME SUZUKI VS OKADA :vince:

I have seen it before (Dontaku like three, four years ago) and I will watch it again because KAZE NI NARE~

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

sigmachiev posted:

Thread might be winding down soon but can we all please keep an eye on prowrestlingtees or whatever NJPW merch outlets for that Suzuki-gun jumper. Holy poo poo I need that jacket.

I'll go to Piledriver (Suzuki's shop) in Tokyo for you but the package will be wrapped in green and yellow :colbert: #goducks

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Abrasive Obelisk posted:

Wait, can you buy merch from Japan in general?

I live in the Tokyo area and have gotten stuff for goons before. If you're really dead serious about getting something I can be PMd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Just finished watching the whole thing. Holy god that main event earns everything. And I need to go back and compare, but I don't remember the Dome getting that loud in any of the past main events -- considering how big the place is, it must have been ear-shattering by the end of Okada vs. Omega.

never mind the Rainmaker counters, this time it was all about the One Winged Angel counters. Excellent work by both on those.

• Locked thread