Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

Xenoletum posted:

i subbed for this this is my first NJPW experience god help me i'm staying up throughout the event

i have no idea what i'm in for

Taking the form of live events held by touring promotions, it is a unique style of combat based on a combination of adopted styles, which include classical wrestling, catch wrestling and various forms of martial arts, as well as an innovative style based on grappling (holds/throws), striking, and aerialism. Various forms of weaponry are sometimes used.

The content – including match outcomes – is choreographed and the combative actions and reactions are executed in special manners designed[by whom?] to both protect from, yet simulate, pain.[2] Before the 1980s, these facts were kept highly secret, after which they were openly declared. By and large, the true nature of the content is ignored by the performing promotion in official media in order to sustain and promote the willing suspension of disbelief for the audience by maintaining an aura of verisimilitude. Fan communications by individual wrestlers and promotions through outside media (i.e., interviews) will often directly acknowledge the fictional nature of the spectacle, making the predetermined nature of the sport something of an open secret. The presentation of scripted events as legitimate is known as "kayfabe".

Although the combative content is staged and communicated between the wrestlers, there are legitimate physical hazards resulting in serious injury and death in limited cases, due to the realism and contact involved in the performance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroache's Anarchist

Kevin Kelly: I watched all the episodes of the anime on Crunchyroll through my Roku

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroache's Anarchist

dont care about roh

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroache's Anarchist

did dave really give okada/omega 6 stars. that's some major hyperbole. i didn't like it more than any okada/tanahashi match but maybe i shouldn't have had the english commentary on

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroache's Anarchist

rofl

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroache's Anarchist

YEA

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroache's Anarchist

ICHIBAN

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroache's Anarchist

RealFoxy posted:

I guess this puts off Omega's title chances off for a while :stare:

i wanna see suzuki vs. omega

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroache's Anarchist

the last time i saw Suzuki was in WCPW in october where the crowd were chanting 'poo poo Nakamura' at him. that was embarassing

• Locked thread