Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cams
Mar 28, 2003

i have been waiting 3 years for "champion shibata takes himself seriously, destroys his best friend because he is the best" so i hope i get it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cams
Mar 28, 2003

what is the expected runtime this year? i have a shift at 1 pm pst tomorrow and i've watched every wk live since 2012... but if i have to be up til 5 am, may just have to wait til the following afternoon.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Solus posted:

There's no intermission this year apparently. Probably 4 and a half hours?
ooh, no intermission can help. and op is a bit confusing, main show starts at 11 pst tonight, correct? so it could totally wrap up by 4 am if all this is accurate.

time to go buy some caffeine

cams
Mar 28, 2003

DoctorGonzo posted:

after talking smack how long to this show?
"pre show" starts in three hours and eight minutes, main show starts in four hours and eight minutes. 11pst/2est and 12pst/3est respectively.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

oatgan posted:

5 hours probably
i will be taking my benadryl around 330 am so i am really hoping it is wrapping up around 430

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Jenny Angel posted:

My friends, Kazuchika Okada is extremely good. I have nothing but respect and admiration for Kenny Omega, but I don't think he will be able to defeat Okada, on account of the latter being very, very good at pro wrestling
okada has the best dropkick i have ever seen. his dropkick is beautiful. i am going to buy tekken 7 and play rainmaker king cause okada is so great.

also i like cody.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

blimp!

cams
Mar 28, 2003

oh right, i forgot. ok.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

You guys think they'll do another 10+ minute Doraemon tie-in this year?
this was a viscerally surreal moment in my life

cams
Mar 28, 2003

GO CHEESEBURGER

cams
Mar 28, 2003

who is this tiger mask w he is so dreamy and cool will he be my boyfriend~

ilu ibushi

cams
Mar 28, 2003

THE N64 WRESTLING GAME SPECIAL BY THE YOUNG BUCKS

cams
Mar 28, 2003

lovely finish, great great match.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0pnoTsvWPs

cams
Mar 28, 2003

when did yujiro become literally the godfather

cams
Mar 28, 2003

wait can cody not go by cody rhodes for some reason or is this a choice

cams
Mar 28, 2003

cody owns duh

cams
Mar 28, 2003

want to say that i am fairly certain juice yelled "motherfuckers i'm in the tokyodome" or something to that effect early on.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

i liked that match.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

I GET TO SEE THE G1 LIVE AHAHAHAH YESSSSSSS

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Ishin posted:

Its apparently non-tournament matches?
whatever i get to see cool people. never going to japan and my school is in long beach sooo

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

Go to Japan, cams, it rules.
i would like to but in case i don't have money before shibata can't elbow people any more, i wanna see him sooner.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

english commentary for this match is OUTSTANDING

cams
Mar 28, 2003

rip kushida

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Lid posted:

I';d much prefer if this match ended soon and they took it home, I don't think KUSHIDA is selling and everything after this is making me uncomfortable.
i will hope the wrestling people are doing their job very well and i am a mark!

cams
Mar 28, 2003

welp first motyc of the night

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Sprite Based posted:

Shibata is my favorite wrestler ever, but man, I hope he lays off those sick headbutts this year. I love seeing them, but you can hear the CTE setting in.
was it g1 climax with the big one where i can still hear it in my brain

cams
Mar 28, 2003

holy poo poo goto

*claps*

cams
Mar 28, 2003

YAY HEEL TANAHASHI

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Solus posted:

poo poo I can actually hear a Naito~~~~~ Girl
also some naito boyz

cams
Mar 28, 2003

i think the jr heavyweight match was my favorite of the night. i have never been crazy about kushida, but that match was beautiful. the following 3 matches were all amazing as well, that one just struck me.

cams fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Jan 5, 2017

cams
Mar 28, 2003

BAY BAY

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

That Meltzer Driver spot was hilarious
agreed

BAY BAY

cams
Mar 28, 2003

that match was very fun.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

naito~

cams
Mar 28, 2003

tanahashi selling being pushed made me laugh

cams
Mar 28, 2003

i thought kevin kelly and steve corino did their jobs very well.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Under the vegetable posted:

Corino and Kelly spend as much time as Cole and JBL talking about poo poo that has no relation to the match that's currently happening, neither of them know the names of any moves, neither of them seem to know the backstory or character of anyone involved despite working with the company for years, they barely even put the drat wrestlers over.

Under the vegetable posted:

I would have strongly preferred a team of Cole and Saxton over what we got. They'd at least have more energy.
i find your opinions so disagreeable that i feel you must be intentionally saying silly things to get a reaction

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Suplex Liberace posted:

Rainmaker rules! Rainmaker pose rules! Okada rules!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cams
Mar 28, 2003

The_Rob posted:

I finally got around to watching WK and I just want to say that Meltzer was right about omega vs okada. That match was something special. Holy loving poo poo.

Also Kushida vs Takahashi was great and my sleeper match of the show. I've always liked Kushida but he looked great. He was crisp and hard hitting. He hit everything right on the mark.

Wrestling is cool.
i have been afraid to say it because dave meltzer gave the main event 6 stars, but kushida/takahashi was my favorite match of the night.

• Locked thread