Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Really appreciate the crits, Twist. Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Submissions are closed.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

THUNDERDOME CCLXXXII: THE RESULTS

All in all, this was a pretty good week, with a lot of strong stories and nobody really falling on their dark and stormy sword. Stories were spun, and most of them were better than their inspiration!

Unfortunately, not everyone was a perfect success, so let's start with the bad news. Your Loser this week was flerp, with "Distance," which we found to be flavorless and dull in a week with very strong flavor otherwise. Further Dishonorable Mentions go to Sham bam bamina!, whose "Floodplain" took way too many pains to emulate the dire prose of its starter sentence, and The Saddest Rhino, who kneecapped himself with the twin cudgels of topical forums humor and a "Loss" reference.

On to the better news. This was a strong week, so we have three Honorable Mentions for you: apophenium's unnerving "Gobolinks," Benny Profane's evocative "From Below,", and Yoruichi's strong silver-medal effort "Hope Springs Eternal." Your Winner, and first ascendant to the Blood Throne for 2018, is Tyrannosaurus, whose "In the Blood" had a strong emotional throughline that won the day. Congratulations, T-Rex, and be sure to throw us a prompt as soon as the 2018 post opens!

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Oh, and I nearly forgot, we have :siren: SPECIAL PRIZES, :siren: as donated by Exmond!

Two of them are Steam keys, one for Dragon Age: Origins and one for Gunpoint. I'll offer these to the positive-mention pool, first come first serve -- positive mention folks, hit me up if you want one.

The second is a 30-day Crunchyroll subscription, to be given to the "most anime" story, per Exmond. I'm, uh... I'm just gonna let Exmond pick the winner there.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

okay so Exmond says I have to pick the anime winner

the anime winner is Thranguy because he has characters in his story named "Arsenic Scorpio" and "Dracula Winner," and if anime has taught me anything, it's that that's how anime writers name characters who are supposed to be from Western countries

Thranguy, if you want some free Crunchyroll, hit me up

• Locked thread